The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
43%
Yeah, kind of
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
15%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
19%

Total votes: 47

chewinggum

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:50 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Think I might dedicate this entire week to RC. Invest in Trainer RC (bc I hear it's the best), drill, and timed sections

PS RC hasn't really helped me much

MH RC and PS RC haven't done much for me. I think the perfect setup and the one I am changing to is
PS: LG
Trainer: RC
MH: LR

Going to beast mode through the MH LG this week and then skim through the PS if need be.

How long have you been studying?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:00 pm

[
Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:11 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Think I might dedicate this entire week to RC. Invest in Trainer RC (bc I hear it's the best), drill, and timed sections

PS RC hasn't really helped me much

MH RC and PS RC haven't done much for me. I think the perfect setup and the one I am changing to is
PS: LG
Trainer: RC
MH: LR

Going to beast mode through the MH LG this week and then skim through the PS if need be.

How long have you been studying?

far, far too long.

*upside down emoji

jamiesam26

New

Postby jamiesam26 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:54 am

I am taking the June LSAT just to see how I will do but I will be registering for sure to take the September 2017 LSAT as well. I have all of the PowerScore studying material. Cost me around $600 for all of it, plus the 60 prep tests I purchased. I am ready to get a 180 on that test. I have already been studying since April. What materials is everyone using so far to study for the test?

ThatOneAfrican

New

Postby ThatOneAfrican » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:00 am

dj9i27 wrote:
ThatOneAfrican wrote:Currently using Manhattan LR and drilling question types. Doing a lot of timed LG drilling as well to help with speed.
I'm very tempted to just move on to timed section drilling already so I can have a better idea of how I'm doing.

is RC being a thorn in your side as well? my breakdown was -0,-6,-2,-4 today. Makes me fucking second guess myself

Haven't done much RC practice yet tbh. Went -3 on a section once, which I thought was great, but the PT it was from is apparently notoriously easy (think it was 45 or something). Still focusing a lot on LG, the speed thing's a real problem.

ThatOneAfrican

New

Postby ThatOneAfrican » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:06 am

chewinggum wrote:
ThatOneAfrican wrote:Currently using Manhattan LR and drilling question types. Doing a lot of timed LG drilling as well to help with speed.
I'm very tempted to just move on to timed section drilling already so I can have a better idea of how I'm doing.

I'll be moving to timed sections this week. I think it helps once you get really comfortable with LG's and LR question types. I can't offer any advice on RC though bc I still struggle lol

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'll probably keep at the question/game type drilling for a little while. No point wasting sections. RC tho...that's a problem for another day.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:10 am

ThatOneAfrican wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

I'll be moving to timed sections this week. I think it helps once you get really comfortable with LG's and LR question types. I can't offer any advice on RC though bc I still struggle lol

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'll probably keep at the question/game type drilling for a little while. No point wasting sections. RC tho...that's a problem for another day.

I got PT's 60-76 (so far) and made 4 copies of each. Some I drill, some I made 5 section PT's, and some I split into 2 sections for timed drilling (which I plan on starting today)

I'm extremely surprised how difficult RC has been, I've been averaging -1, -2 per passage regardless of the type

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 am

Alexandros wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Dj and I are IRL friends from when we went to UC Berkeley.

Seriously?? Awww. But do you guys have matching friend bracelets?

We do.
Dj's real name is Chad.

Damn we should get matching friend bracelets too lilwing

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:28 am

One of the partners in my practice group just had the "are you going to be here in the Fall" conversation with me. So uncomfortable lol

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 am

[
Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:12 am

Last edited by dj9i27 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:25 am

I know I pop in from time to time, just wanted to say I miss you September people sometimes. Since they moved our violent delights thread this place has felt so segregated :(

calmike

Bronze

Postby calmike » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:40 am

Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
calmike wrote:Just took PT 76 this morning.

Any recommendations on how to review? Should I blind review the whole test? Should I just review my wrong answers and the ones I had trouble with?

RC= -5
LR1= -2
LG= -3
LR2 = -5

score= 168

I was averaging at 170's before but when I started taking the 70's PTs, man, I am scoring much lower. (sigh)

Hopefully I score a 168 on the real test. LGs are much harder in the 70's too.

Are you taking in September or June?

If in September, you probably shouldn't be taking 70s PTs this early

I don't see why not. I think it's good to space them out.

I think it would be a good idea to go back over them a few times. The 70s have some idiosyncrasies which may have tripped you up. 168 is still excellent though so congrats.

Thank you!

I will take a 70's PT once in a while until September gets closer.

calmike

Bronze

Postby calmike » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:41 am

dm1683 wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Taking the occasional 70 test is probably worth it. I think I got overconfident drilling old PTs

Are they really that bad? I've seen quite a few users say this

Not bad/harder so much as different, imo.

Could you guys expand on the differences? I'm going to start PTing possibly next week and was planning on going largely chronologically.

For LG the overall difficulty of the sections is the same but instead of four medium difficulty games there tends to be ome super easy games and at least one really hard/weird one.

This is so true. There is always one super hard game :(

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 am

dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:One of the partners in my practice group just had the "are you going to be here in the Fall" conversation with me. So uncomfortable lol

Just say yes. Technically you could be just testing the waters of grad school (is what I told my employer) but the ones my age around here do grad school and work so they probably don't see it as uncommon

I said yes because I will be. If all goes well in September I won't be starting until next Fall anyway

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:47 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:every time I do bad on a weird game

[+] Spoiler

Ugh, I'm going back to being a doctor guys.

Which game

PT13 S1 G4

I neo'd the crap out of that game, especially #22. I think that's a good game to get comfortable with.
For 22 (I don't have it in front of me but I think it was a MBT?),
[+] Spoiler
I'm almost positive that A, B, C, and E are all wrong for the same exact reason. Nothing differentiates N, O, and S from each other or P and T from each other. No answer choice is that about 1/3 or 2/3 of N,O, and S (or 1/2 of P and T) in a single year can possibly be the answer, because it would have to be true of the other variables in the respective set.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:47 pm

dj9i27 wrote:low key just got mad hype for 4th of July since it's a 5 day weekend... I'm going to do so many PTs

Lmao I feel that bro. I cant remember the last time I actually celebrated a holiday weekend like you are supposed too

presidentspivey

Bronze

Postby presidentspivey » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:01 pm

I too found MH RC resoundingly unhelpful. I only read a few sections of Trainer RC. I'm going to try a few PTs/drills and if I really feel the RC struggle I'll return to Trainer. I was definitely a big fan of MH LR though. Probably the best test book I've read so far. Mulling picking up MH LG. Holding off on 7sage for a few more days so I can buy the starter version and have access until test day. May not do anything LSAT related today. I will be back later this evening with my full review of Wonder Woman though.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:25 pm

presidentspivey wrote:I too found MH RC resoundingly unhelpful. I only read a few sections of Trainer RC. I'm going to try a few PTs/drills and if I really feel the RC struggle I'll return to Trainer. I was definitely a big fan of MH LR though. Probably the best test book I've read so far. Mulling picking up MH LG. Holding off on 7sage for a few more days so I can buy the starter version and have access until test day. May not do anything LSAT related today. I will be back later this evening with my full review of Wonder Woman though.

Im about halfway through MH LR right now and love it. Find it more helpful than Bible. Not too sure why, but i feel like it resonates more with me. Could be because its my second time going through material as well...

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:27 pm

presidentspivey wrote:I too found MH RC resoundingly unhelpful. I only read a few sections of Trainer RC. I'm going to try a few PTs/drills and if I really feel the RC struggle I'll return to Trainer. I was definitely a big fan of MH LR though. Probably the best test book I've read so far. Mulling picking up MH LG. Holding off on 7sage for a few more days so I can buy the starter version and have access until test day. May not do anything LSAT related today. I will be back later this evening with my full review of Wonder Woman though.

I'm so excited for Wonder Woman. So much so that I'm considering actually paying to see it in a theatre.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:41 pm

oopsu812 wrote:

I'm so excited for Wonder Woman. So much so that I'm considering actually paying to see it in a theatre.

I hope its not 3D. I have yet to see a movie other than Up and the remaster of a Night Before Christmas where the 3D actually added anything.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:47 pm

34iplaw wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

I hope its not 3D. I have yet to see a movie other than Up and the remaster of a Night Before Christmas where the 3D actually added anything.

I mean, even if there is a 3D version you can choose to see the normal version :P

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:56 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

I mean, even if there is a 3D version you can choose to see the normal version :P

Haha - true. A lot of the regular versions just have far fewer showtimes. I guess the problem is I never plan to see movies but I'm like, 'Hey - I have some time' but then none of the showtimes work!

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Postby CottonHarvest » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:04 pm

I usually score -3 or -4 on LR and barely have time. I didn't do any LR for almost two full weeks. I have went -1, -1, and -2 with 5+ minutes to spare on my three sections since. I know people say breaks can help, but I have no idea how this happened. I've even been getting less sleep. If you plateau, take a break! Even if it's just a few days rather than two weeks. Your mind needs rest just like the body

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Postby Anon-e-miss » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:20 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:

Im about halfway through MH LR right now and love it. Find it more helpful than Bible. Not too sure why, but i feel like it resonates more with me. Could be because its my second time going through material as well...

https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Logica ... 1935707116

Is this the right book? I have PS LR but for a few bucks, I'd give MH a try too since it is the toughest section for me
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?