The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
44%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
13%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 45

lurksoh4rd

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby lurksoh4rd » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Well, I have definitely under anticipated how stressful and time consuming graduating, throwing a party, and moving ten hours away was. Still haven't started studying and am growing more anxious with every one of y'alls posts. But, fear is a great motivator, and I will prevail! (after I actually move in on tuesday lololol)

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Anon-e-miss » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:12 pm

RC is really starting to click for me which is amazing.

On the other hand, I've spend my Friday night in the library studying for the LSAT...
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:18 pm

[.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:20 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:RC is really starting to click for me which is amazing.

On the other hand, I've spend my Friday night in the library studying for the LSAT...

welcome to being a nerd, brother

Being hardworking and smart is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!

User avatar
usaorbust

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby usaorbust » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Anon-e-miss wrote:RC is really starting to click for me which is amazing.

On the other hand, I've spend my Friday night in the library studying for the LSAT...


This is still my biggest flaw after trying a bunch of methods. What have you done to start to make it click?

User avatar
Versailles1919

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Versailles1919 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Checking in! Recently signed up for a prep course as well.

User avatar
presidentspivey

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:34 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby presidentspivey » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:45 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:RC is really starting to click for me which is amazing.

On the other hand, I've spend my Friday night in the library studying for the LSAT...

welcome to being a nerd, brother

Being hardworking and smart is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!

Image

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:21 pm

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:[
I've heard that Stanford puts this picture on its rejection letters

My reply can only be 1 more crying Jordan


Nah they glitter bomb you by snail mail.

I'm glad that many of you enjoyed my long winded post haha.


Lmao if I got a rejection with that meme from Stanford... I couldn't even be mad. Well played

DJ- in the meme... or should I say in the actually spongebob episode where he does this, I think he is just mocking someone, and you write whatever someone said in alternating caps to illustrate that.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:11 am

presidentspivey wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:RC is really starting to click for me which is amazing.

On the other hand, I've spend my Friday night in the library studying for the LSAT...

welcome to being a nerd, brother

Being hardworking and smart is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!

Image

You picked my favorite meme ever. I actually went as him for Halloween a few years ago. Maybe one guy got it.


Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:03 am

usaorbust wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:RC is really starting to click for me which is amazing.

On the other hand, I've spend my Friday night in the library studying for the LSAT...


This is still my biggest flaw after trying a bunch of methods. What have you done to start to make it click?

+120...

It's like no matter how much drilling I do, and how good I do on drilling, when I do a PT's RC I just shit the bed.

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:06 am

Mikey wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:RC is really starting to click for me which is amazing.

On the other hand, I've spend my Friday night in the library studying for the LSAT...


This is still my biggest flaw after trying a bunch of methods. What have you done to start to make it click?

+120...

It's like no matter how much drilling I do, and how good I do on drilling, when I do a PT's RC I just shit the bed.

Same here! Major improvements on LR and LG but I still struggle with RC :?

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Anon-e-miss » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:13 am

usaorbust wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:RC is really starting to click for me which is amazing.

On the other hand, I've spend my Friday night in the library studying for the LSAT...


This is still my biggest flaw after trying a bunch of methods. What have you done to start to make it click?

"
Well I'm not one of the more experienced users in this thread, but my most general advice is to really adopt the perspective of the author. I barely diagram passages. Rather, I underline what I think is the thesis/MP of the first paragraph, underline shifts in viewpoint, and bracket the key points of a given paragraph. Sometimes I also denote wonky portions of the science passages that seem marginally important but will require review if they are mentioned in questions.

I also am a pretty (although not abnormally) fast reader, so I try to finish the passage in 2 minutes (the science ones usually take 15-30 seconds longer) because it is easier to read the passage quickly and thoroughly and later review a portion in relation to a question, than to read the passage extremely diligently and try to answer almost every question from memory. I have finished almost every RC section with at least 2-3 minutes to spare with this method, and it allows me time to revisit the questions that were most difficult.

ETA: I have gotten 2-4 wrong on most of my RC sections, so I am by no means an authority, and my personal strategies (limited diagramming, question-oriented approach) may not be the best strategy for others (or even myself :lol: )"

This is what I said when asked a few days ago
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:59 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:09 pm

[]
Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:21 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:34 pm

wtf is the point of reading comp

like, seriously. it's stupid. just give me another mechanical section like LR or LG ffs.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:40 pm

.
Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Anon-e-miss » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Mikey wrote:wtf is the point of reading comp

like, seriously. it's stupid. just give me another mechanical section like LR or LG ffs.

I just drilled a full, timed section (PT 12). Literally had every question right except for #27 (the last question), for which I changed my answer after having doubts about my original AC :roll:

I like RC now. It requires the least work and has the least tricky question stems
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Anon-e-miss wrote:
Mikey wrote:wtf is the point of reading comp

like, seriously. it's stupid. just give me another mechanical section like LR or LG ffs.

I just drilled a full, timed section (PT 12). Literally had every question right except for #27 (the last question), for which I changed my answer after having doubts about my original AC :roll:

I like RC now. It requires the least work and has the least tricky question stems

whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:48 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Alexandros wrote:RC >>> LR

fuck outta here

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:52 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Mikey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:RC >>> LR

get outta here

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:53 pm

chewinggum wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:RC >>> LR

get outta here

nice one :mrgreen:

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Anon-e-miss » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Mikey wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
Mikey wrote:wtf is the point of reading comp

like, seriously. it's stupid. just give me another mechanical section like LR or LG ffs.

I just drilled a full, timed section (PT 12). Literally had every question right except for #27 (the last question), for which I changed my answer after having doubts about my original AC :roll:

I like RC now. It requires the least work and has the least tricky question stems

whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

u wot m8?

RC is pretty intuitive after drilling a handful of sections. The questions are super predictable, and the passages are easy to get through in a couple of minutes (except some science passages), so there is plenty of time for the questions, many of which don't even require that you revisit the passage

LR is my worst section right now, but learning to avoid shell answers has helped out.
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests