The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
43%
Yeah, kind of
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
15%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
19%

Total votes: 47

chargers21

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:06 pm

PS, thanks for the compliment Alex :D

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:lol starting to get worried about my ability to avoid NYC BL

This is my absolute biggest fear. At Duke's ASW, they said their motto for those wanting BL is that if you don't initially get a job at OCI, they WILL get you a job in NY.

At least you're at Duke which places excellently in the south and have ties to another secondary market. I'm worried about what would happen if NYC school + no ties anywhere.

Yeah, I feel like Duke really expands my reach more than about anywhere other than HYS would have. Duke gives me access to NC, the south, NYC, a litttle bit DC, plus I have ties to Chicago and my home market.

You'll have options outside of NY schools, just a hunch! I guess you don't have ties to a real secondary market, but you'll get the Mordecai and have the option to work in the south if you want

I will try to cast the net wide, write lots of Why Xs, and see what happens.

I'm from the south but I didn't graduate high school there. scary reading these threads about how secondary markets grill you about where you went to highschool and UG.

Just go to duke then :mrgreen: You can join me at Winston and Strawn in Charlotte. Fingers crossed

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 10:15 pm

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Alexandros wrote:I'm not referring to you at all. I don't want to call people out but there are a couple of posts there that are kind of cringe-worthy and you'll see what I mean pretty fast if you look on the thread. Like almost everything they're saying applies to me as well.

I know, I was just kidding. I've perused that thread, definitely some cringes.

See you in Charlotte, though. At least 4 BL firms matched NYC to 180k already, just saying

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Jesus that thread is horrible.

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Postby Anon-e-miss » Mon May 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Alexandros wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
Alexandros wrote:My new fav thing are 0Ls in the BernieTrump thread who Are Special Because They Worked Retail Once and/or Didn't Come From Money.

I love people who pride themselves on not coming from money because it somehow is less obnoxious than priding yourself on coming from money. :|

Yeah. Like, I get that top law schools probably have a decent amount of rich people but, like, believe it or not but a large chunk of us in law and in the world also did not come from wealth. :roll:

also, fucking everyone has worked retail / shitty manual labor jobs / whatever.

(that aside, it's a fascinating glimpse into how persistent people are in believing whatever special snowflake thing they want to be true.)

I haven't read that thread, but your posts lead me to believe it is full of naive/silly posts.

That being said, it is surprising how many people on this site make threads to discuss their LS options and have parents paying for 50-100% COA. I know it isn't the majority of people, but I do find it interesting how wealthy students in many of the T14 and T1 schools are. (I'm skeptical it has any relation to work ethic however.)
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 10:51 pm

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:08 pm

Drilling while mentally/ physically exhausted, you are going to have a bad time.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 11:09 pm

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:Drilling while mentally/ physically exhausted, you are going to have a bad time.

IT IS PAST 11PM REST.

I forced myself to wash my bedding to prevent this. Given I started at 830

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Postby Anon-e-miss » Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
Alexandros wrote:My new fav thing are 0Ls in the BernieTrump thread who Are Special Because They Worked Retail Once and/or Didn't Come From Money.

I love people who pride themselves on not coming from money because it somehow is less obnoxious than priding yourself on coming from money. :|

Yeah. Like, I get that top law schools probably have a decent amount of rich people but, like, believe it or not but a large chunk of us in law and in the world also did not come from wealth. :roll:

(that aside, it's a fascinating glimpse into how persistent people are in believing whatever special snowflake thing they want to be true.)

I haven't read that thread, but your posts lead me to believe it is full of naive/silly posts.

That being said, it is surprising how many people on this site make threads to discuss their LS options and have parents paying for 50-100% COA. I know it isn't the majority of people, but I do find it interesting how wealthy students in many of the T14 and T1 schools are. (I'm skeptical it has any relation to work ethic however.)

Tl;dr:
Attorney: Hey everyone. my job kind of sucks and here's why.
0L: ALL KNOWING 0L HERE. ACTUALY U R WRONG.

Definitely. But there are a lot of people who aren't wealthy and a lot who have spent considerable time in the workforce. it's pretty naive to assume that makes you unique or able to handle the stresses of BL much better that the people who are posting.

Yeah I have no interest in BL, and based on the countless testimonials I have seen on this forum, you can't really know if you can handle it until you're in thick of it. And at that point, you don't have much of an option. 0Ls gonna 0L though.

Is it healthier to be naive than to walk around a T14 for three years with major cognitive dissonance regarding one's career path? Idk

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Anon-e-miss wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

Tl;dr:

Definitely. But there are a lot of people who aren't wealthy and a lot who have spent considerable time in the workforce. it's pretty naive to assume that makes you unique or able to handle the stresses of BL much better that the people who are posting.

Yeah I have no interest in BL, and based on the countless testimonials I have seen on this forum, you can't really know if you can handle it until you're in thick of it. And at that point, you don't have much of an option. 0Ls gonna 0L though.

Is it healthier to be naive than to walk around a T14 for three years with major cognitive dissonance regarding one's career path? Idk

I think it's healthiest to know that BL is horrible, and that you'll likely only stick around for a couple of years to get that $$$ and then move on to better things. :lol:

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Postby Anon-e-miss » Mon May 22, 2017 11:20 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

Tl;dr:

I think it's healthiest to know that BL is horrible, and that you'll likely only stick around for a couple of years to get that $$$ and then move on to better things. :lol:

True, but that is definitely a tough pill to swallow for many people, and a couple of years is still significant time in a job if you absolutely hate it. The money aspect is a plus though

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:Drilling while mentally/ physically exhausted, you are going to have a bad time.

IT IS PAST 11PM REST.

my dood don't burn out.

Me driving to Stanny and not burning out
[+] Spoiler

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Attorney: Hey everyone. my job kind of sucks and here's why.

Yeah, or I mean listen to what they're saying, take it seriously, and try to learn from them.

Well yeah, that would be the "know that BL is horrible and that you won't do it for long," no?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 11:29 pm

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

IT IS PAST 11PM REST.

my dood don't burn out.

Me driving to Stanny and not burning out
[+] Spoiler

I worry about you sometimes dude.

eh, im a tad extremely tired. went to bed at 2 last night and got up at 530, now I'm here. Pretty sure I'm going to bed soon

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 11:35 pm

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 11:39 pm

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Tue May 23, 2017 9:10 am

https://www.lstreports.com/schools/nyu/costs/

Not to get too heavy on this Tuesday morning, but the cost of an education is just mind blowing. My mom and I always talk about how the demands of education have intensified in the last decade. Like we're supposed to know more, younger and learn more, faster. And we're paying for every bit of it and then some.

It's also interesting to me how (some) people our age (my, I guess, 22-27) feel like "higher" education is a cop out or "lazy" in comparison to starting a business. I don't think one is easier than the other but just looking at the guaranteed debt of law school/med school is depressing.

Aka Alex give me your score.

9 am thoughts lol

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue May 23, 2017 9:19 am

chewinggum wrote:https://www.lstreports.com/schools/nyu/costs/

Not to get too heavy on this Tuesday morning, but the cost of an education is just mind blowing. My mom and I always talk about how the demands of education have intensified in the last decade. Like we're supposed to know more, younger and learn more, faster. And we're paying for every bit of it and then some.

It's also interesting to me how (some) people our age (my, I guess, 22-27) feel like "higher" education is a cop out or "lazy" in comparison to starting a business. I don't think one is easier than the other but just looking at the guaranteed debt of law school/med school is depressing.

Aka Alex give me your score.

9 am thoughts lol

yeah, law school is ridiculously expensive for no fucking reason. fuck schools having to have certain budgets and shit, I'm sure they get plenty from other sources other than current students. that's why I would prefer to go to NYU or Columbia, yes they are both very expensive, BUT if I were to go to one of them I would live at home to save about 100k of COL.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Tue May 23, 2017 9:37 am

Last edited by chewinggum on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?