The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

dm1683

Silver

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dm1683 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:05 pm

LOL I just got a hair cut too.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:53 pm

dj9i27 wrote:this week's plan, get 3/4 of the way done with MH LR and RC also drill 1/4 of the Cambridge packs

Are you taking PT's while studying, or simply drilling and will start PTing after you get through all your material?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:09 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:this week's plan, get 3/4 of the way done with MH LR and RC also drill 1/4 of the Cambridge packs

Are you taking PT's while studying, or simply drilling and will start PTing after you get through all your material?

I am going to PT june 16 and then 2x a week until august then up it to 3x then. I am deciding when to have my panic attacks tho.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:18 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

I am going to PT june 16 and then 2x a week until august then up it to 3x then. I am deciding when to have my panic attacks tho.

I plan on PTing around that time too, how many will you take altogether? Do you think 10-5 is enough or I need more like 30 PTs under my belt.

Once you PT, the plan is just to PT and review questions you got wrong?

Re: panic attacks lol I use youtube and the gym as a distraction

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:04 am

I've been thinking about it for a bit now, and I think my favourite iPhone emoji is the upside down smiley.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 am

ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

I plan on PTing around that time too, how many will you take altogether? Do you think 10-5 is enough or I need more like 30 PTs under my belt.

rule of thumb is keep going until you get your goal score. If you are doing 175 on your last 7 and you've only taken 7 of the new ones, you're probably good.

review the questions you got wrong. dissect every answer choice and try to remember your thought process. Learn from your mistakes.

Gym is good for me but I just end up on LSP or LSN trying to find out how to weasel my way into Stanford

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon May 22, 2017 9:44 am

deleted.
Last edited by chewinggum on Mon May 22, 2017 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 am

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

rule of thumb is keep going until you get your goal score. If you are doing 175 on your last 7 and you've only taken 7 of the new ones, you're probably good.

review the questions you got wrong. dissect every answer choice and try to remember your thought process. Learn from your mistakes.

Gym is good for me but I just end up on LSP or LSN trying to find out how to weasel my way into Stanford

This is a good idea. I probably need to get through the material and more drilling before beginning my full on PT's.

I got the book of LSAT PT's 62-71. I think I should also get all of the more recent tests (72-80). Thoughts?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:56 am

chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

This is a good idea. I probably need to get through the material and more drilling before beginning my full on PT's.

I got the book of LSAT PT's 62-71. I think I should also get all of the more recent tests (72-80). Thoughts?

You totally need 72-80 and 81 when it drops. Those are the most indicative of what 82 will be.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon May 22, 2017 10:03 am

Quick question

I'm gonna start PTing in about 2 weeks or so. I have PT50 and on that I want to get through. Should I use the PT 50 to 54(?) where they don't have comp reading as experimentals? Thoughts?

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:57 am

oopsu812 wrote:I've been thinking about it for a bit now, and I think my favourite iPhone emoji is the upside down smiley.

lol I'm so addicted to bitmojis, I feel sorry for my friends who are on the receiving end of that lol

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:59 am

dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your input! Why not put your phone aside (when your at the gym), so you don't stress yourself out..

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 am

Mikey wrote:Quick question

I'm gonna start PTing in about 2 weeks or so. I have PT50 and on that I want to get through. Should I use the PT 50 to 54(?) where they don't have comp reading as experimentals? Thoughts?

Another common approach is to take every 5th test and use that as your experimental for the next 4.

50 (exp) - take 1 section for each of 51,52,53,54
55 (exp) - used for 56,57,58,59

etc.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:02 am

ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your input! Why not put your phone aside (when your at the gym), so you don't stress yourself out..

I need rap music blaring in my ears to forget about my youth being withered away in an office... feels

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:03 am

Mikey wrote:Quick question

That's what I plan on doing. The 50 series as experimentals and 60s/70s/80s as 5 section tests. I'm not sure I have enough time to use all the PTs though.. that's what I'm worried about..

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon May 22, 2017 11:12 am

Twix: yea I've heard about that. I'll be doing 6 sectioners though so that's why I was thinking of just using the 50-54 as experimentals as well

Ngo: plan it out and see how many you can fit in a certain amount of time along with a break weekend or something.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am

dj9i27 wrote:I need rap music blaring in my ears to forget about my youth being withered away in an office... feels

I realized last week that if I am (somehow) accepted to law school this cycle I will be 28 when I graduate (with 2 months left until I turn 29).

But my youth ends in 2 months when I turn 24 anyway, since I see 23 as the last year until adulthood.

This is all very depressing.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 am

dj9i27 wrote:You totally need 72-80 and 81 when it drops. Those are the most indicative of what 82 will be.

I figured more recent tests would be best for the month leading up to the test.

One thing I really hate is repeating questions. They really throw me off because I try to remember if I got them right/wrong and start second guessing answers (I noticed this with practice q's while studying that end up in drills) *upside down emoji*

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 am

chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:I need rap music blaring in my ears to forget about my youth being withered away in an office... feels

I realized last week that if I am (somehow) accepted to law school this cycle I will be 28 when I graduate (with 2 months left until I turn 29).

But my youth ends in 2 months when I turn 24 anyway, since I see 23 as the last year until adulthood.

This is all very depressing.

I'm a year shy of you so, relatable. At least the median age in LS is 24; I take solace knowing everyone around me is doing the same thing and can't break from it.

Office work in your early 20s is lame af.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:25 am

chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:You totally need 72-80 and 81 when it drops. Those are the most indicative of what 82 will be.

One thing I really hate is repeating questions. They really throw me off because I try to remember if I got them right/wrong and start second guessing answers (I noticed this with practice q's while studying that end up in drills) *upside down emoji*

Yes, or 2 months whatever works.

Don't try to remember them, dissecting LR is how I got most my progress and LG repeats makes the process robotic which is necessary and RC... luck?

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:31 am

ngogirl12 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I've been thinking about it for a bit now, and I think my favourite iPhone emoji is the upside down smiley.

lol I'm so addicted to bitmojis, I feel sorry for my friends who are on the receiving end of that lol

It's the only way to convey emotion. Friends would never know if I was being serious or not without them. :lol:

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon May 22, 2017 11:41 am

dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

Don't try to remember them, dissecting LR is how I got most my progress and LG repeats makes the process robotic which is necessary and RC... luck?

Yea LR and RC take up the most of my time. LG is easier to gradually improve but I always miss the same type of question: "complete and accurate list of who/what can be in section ____" <-----any idea what this is called? I always forget.

LR weaken questions also throw me off guard and affect my time.

Mike Ross should tutor me.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:10 pm

chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:

Yea LR and RC take up the most of my time. LG is easier to gradually improve but I always miss the same type of question: "complete and accurate list of who/what can be in section ____" <-----any idea what this is called? I always forget.

LR weaken questions also throw me off guard and affect my time.

Mike Ross should tutor me.

Acceptable situations?

Weaken the best piece of advice I got was you don't have to destroy the argument, just find a weakness.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Mon May 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Alexandros wrote:Is that the type that's usually the first question in a game?
Going back through the rules (original rules) and eliminating rule by rule is a good strategy imo.

I think the first question is usually something like this --> "Which of the following is an acceptable schedule of classes for Thursdays?" Which I don't have an issue with.

I have a problem with these --> "Which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of the periods in which Jackie can take Chorale?"

I find myself having to write out each answer choice possibility until I can eliminate them. I'm sure there's a better way to attack this but maybe I haven't gotten to that point in LGB or maybe I missed it :?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?