The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
44%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
13%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 45

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun May 21, 2017 2:48 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sun May 21, 2017 2:55 pm

chewinggum wrote:Seems like everyone on here is getting their hair cut.

Me? Never more than a trim.

Also, it's already 2:45 on Sunday. Adulthood resumes tomorrow :shock:

I've never gotten more than a trim in the last 5 years, so right now, even though my hair is still pretty long, I feel like it's short af

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Mikey wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Seems like everyone on here is getting their hair cut.

Me? Never more than a trim.

Also, it's already 2:45 on Sunday. Adulthood resumes tomorrow :shock:

I've never gotten more than a trim in the last 5 years, so right now, even though my hair is still pretty long, I feel like it's short af

I'm borderline bald now. that a full head before

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sun May 21, 2017 3:04 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Seems like everyone on here is getting their hair cut.

Me? Never more than a trim.

Also, it's already 2:45 on Sunday. Adulthood resumes tomorrow :shock:

I've never gotten more than a trim in the last 5 years, so right now, even though my hair is still pretty long, I feel like it's short af

I'm borderline bald now. that a full head before

I'm assuming you look like your avi

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sun May 21, 2017 3:09 pm

I cant imagine ever having like no hair like DJ's avi. I just can't. I've had long hair for so long and it's what I like.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun May 21, 2017 3:12 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Alexandros wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Seems like everyone on here is getting their hair cut.

Me? Never more than a trim.

Also, it's already 2:45 on Sunday. Adulthood resumes tomorrow :shock:

I've never gotten more than a trim in the last 5 years, so right now, even though my hair is still pretty long, I feel like it's short af

I'm borderline bald now. that a full head before

I'm assuming you look like your avi

[+] Spoiler
Image

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Sun May 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Gotta bic it for the hot weather mikey.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sun May 21, 2017 3:16 pm

34iplaw wrote:Gotta bic it for the hot weather mikey.

true, but I'm just a little upset because I wanted it to be about 2 inches longer but whatevsssssss

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun May 21, 2017 3:18 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sun May 21, 2017 3:19 pm

PS LRB has helped me soooo much but the RC section is still tough for me (time).

Anyone use something other than PS RCB that they feel was helpful when it comes to marking or time?

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Sun May 21, 2017 3:20 pm

It's from before CLS laid the smackdown on him.

Image

Manhattan RC and reading passages by type brought me from -4 to -6 avg to -0 to -2 avg.

Fixt mobile gif troubles.
Last edited by 34iplaw on Sun May 21, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sun May 21, 2017 3:23 pm

34iplaw wrote:Manhattan RC and reading passages by type brought me from -4 to -6 avg to -0 to -2 avg.

Thanks!

beanz

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby beanz » Sun May 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Made the decision to bite the bullet and apply to law school last August, signed up for the December 2016 LSAT, crammed for a few months, got a 156, applied to a bunch of schools, then found r/lawschooladmissions and TLS and quickly realized how stupid and impulsive I was being.

That awful realization, coupled with SAD, made it so I basically didn't look at anything LSAT-related for months. But I just registered for the September 2017 LSAT and I'm gonna reapply for the 2018 cycle and make this shit happen.

And by that, I mean I'm procrastinating getting start by writing this way too long-winded introduction.

God help me.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:41 pm

beanz wrote:Hi everyone,

Made the decision to bite the bullet and apply to law school last August, signed up for the December 2016 LSAT, crammed for a few months, got a 156, applied to a bunch of schools, then found r/lawschooladmissions and TLS and quickly realized how stupid and impulsive I was being.

That awful realization, coupled with SAD, made it so I basically didn't look at anything LSAT-related for months. But I just registered for the September 2017 LSAT and I'm gonna reapply for the 2018 cycle and make this shit happen.

And by that, I mean I'm procrastinating getting start by writing this way too long-winded introduction.

God help me.

Best of luck! I made an 11 point jump from the upper 150s to the upper 160s with about a month of studying, so you've got this with this much time! An extra month on top of that I was PTing in the 170s. Buckle down and crush it

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Sun May 21, 2017 3:45 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:Was the RC/LG on the same page (tablet version) as the questions? Or did you have to go back and forth with pages for the questions/game?


basically it was split into two screens. the left half the screen was the passage (which was scrollable) and the right side was the answer choices, which was also independently scrollable.


Thanks! Did you have the option to enlarge the screen with your fingers like you can with an iphone or an ipad?

I don't know why I'm so curious and invested in this, hopefully our test will be paper and pencil!


You can't pinch to zoom but it let you change the font size and line spacing. "Small, medium, large". Like the old people mode on iPhones

beanz

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby beanz » Sun May 21, 2017 3:56 pm

chargers21 wrote:
beanz wrote:Hi everyone,

Made the decision to bite the bullet and apply to law school last August, signed up for the December 2016 LSAT, crammed for a few months, got a 156, applied to a bunch of schools, then found r/lawschooladmissions and TLS and quickly realized how stupid and impulsive I was being.

That awful realization, coupled with SAD, made it so I basically didn't look at anything LSAT-related for months. But I just registered for the September 2017 LSAT and I'm gonna reapply for the 2018 cycle and make this shit happen.

And by that, I mean I'm procrastinating getting start by writing this way too long-winded introduction.

God help me.

Best of luck! I made an 11 point jump from the upper 150s to the upper 160s with about a month of studying, so you've got this with this much time! An extra month on top of that I was PTing in the 170s. Buckle down and crush it


An 11 point jump in a month? Damn. Did you use any specific resources in your studying that you think helped you accomplish that?

I used the LSAT Trainer my first time around, but I'm thinking of buying one of the 7Sage packages to help maximize my efforts.

(Also thank you, this was really encouraging and eased my nausea a bit, haha.)

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:11 pm

beanz wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
beanz wrote:Hi everyone,

Made the decision to bite the bullet and apply to law school last August, signed up for the December 2016 LSAT, crammed for a few months, got a 156, applied to a bunch of schools, then found r/lawschooladmissions and TLS and quickly realized how stupid and impulsive I was being.

That awful realization, coupled with SAD, made it so I basically didn't look at anything LSAT-related for months. But I just registered for the September 2017 LSAT and I'm gonna reapply for the 2018 cycle and make this shit happen.

And by that, I mean I'm procrastinating getting start by writing this way too long-winded introduction.

God help me.

Best of luck! I made an 11 point jump from the upper 150s to the upper 160s with about a month of studying, so you've got this with this much time! An extra month on top of that I was PTing in the 170s. Buckle down and crush it


An 11 point jump in a month? Damn. Did you use any specific resources in your studying that you think helped you accomplish that?

I used the LSAT Trainer my first time around, but I'm thinking of buying one of the 7Sage packages to help maximize my efforts.

(Also thank you, this was really encouraging and eased my nausea a bit, haha.)

I'm far from an LSAT pro like some others in here, as I leaned a little heavy on my GPA in my apps. But, yes, I did things very differently. First test I used a Kaplan book. Awful in hindsight. I made real progress by going through the LSAT trainer, LG bible, and watching 7sage videos on how to do logic games. I would drill sections from PTs timed, then go back through and look up on the internet why each thing I got wrong was wrong. Lots of free info out there, but there's probably better ways to do this. Time was my biggest issue my first go around, admittedly. I was really good at LR once I had the timing down by drilling LR sections. LG is where the big gains were made by practicing one game at a time, giving myself 8 minutes per game to really tighten up my timing

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sun May 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Fwiw, I had like a 140 diag and my highest PT was a 169. But that was in like February, I've done tons of drilling since then.

It's possible to get a good score, you just have to put the work in

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Anon-e-miss » Sun May 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Just finished PT 9 as my second PT

LR - 4 (-3/-4)
LG - 1
RC - 4
Ended up with an 89/101 for a 172.

Officially pumped about how consistently I am improving and the amount of time I still have left to reach my goal :D

Unfortunately, my LR score was actually better on my first PT, but I haven't drilled LR in almost a week which could be the cause.
I haven't been able to pinpoint the type of questions that I am struggling with yet, so I think I need to do some more QT drilling rather than PTs.

Any suggestions for drilling? I keep being tempted to just do PTs but I know that isn't the best strategy this early haha
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beanz

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby beanz » Sun May 21, 2017 4:35 pm

chargers21 wrote:
beanz wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
beanz wrote:Hi everyone,

Made the decision to bite the bullet and apply to law school last August, signed up for the December 2016 LSAT, crammed for a few months, got a 156, applied to a bunch of schools, then found r/lawschooladmissions and TLS and quickly realized how stupid and impulsive I was being.

That awful realization, coupled with SAD, made it so I basically didn't look at anything LSAT-related for months. But I just registered for the September 2017 LSAT and I'm gonna reapply for the 2018 cycle and make this shit happen.

And by that, I mean I'm procrastinating getting start by writing this way too long-winded introduction.

God help me.

Best of luck! I made an 11 point jump from the upper 150s to the upper 160s with about a month of studying, so you've got this with this much time! An extra month on top of that I was PTing in the 170s. Buckle down and crush it


An 11 point jump in a month? Damn. Did you use any specific resources in your studying that you think helped you accomplish that?

I used the LSAT Trainer my first time around, but I'm thinking of buying one of the 7Sage packages to help maximize my efforts.

(Also thank you, this was really encouraging and eased my nausea a bit, haha.)

I'm far from an LSAT pro like some others in here, as I leaned a little heavy on my GPA in my apps. But, yes, I did things very differently. First test I used a Kaplan book. Awful in hindsight. I made real progress by going through the LSAT trainer, LG bible, and watching 7sage videos on how to do logic games. I would drill sections from PTs timed, then go back through and look up on the internet why each thing I got wrong was wrong. Lots of free info out there, but there's probably better ways to do this. Time was my biggest issue my first go around, admittedly. I was really good at LR once I had the timing down by drilling LR sections. LG is where the big gains were made by practicing one game at a time, giving myself 8 minutes per game to really tighten up my timing


Yeah, I definitely think timing is something I can work on. I thought I was doing well on LG until I got to the test and completely froze up once I hit a question that was a little bit different than the ones I had practiced. (The one with art on the walls in the Dec16. About had a full on panic attack...)

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:23 pm

beanz wrote:
Yeah, I definitely think timing is something I can work on. I thought I was doing well on LG until I got to the test and completely froze up once I hit a question that was a little bit different than the ones I had practiced. (The one with art on the walls in the Dec16. About had a full on panic attack...)

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

No problem! I also bombed an LG on test day because I got super tripped up with the layout for a weird game

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:33 pm

this week's plan, get 3/4 of the way done with MH LR and RC also drill 1/4 of the Cambridge packs

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm

dj9i27 wrote:this week's plan, get 3/4 of the way done with MH LR and RC also drill 1/4 of the Cambridge packs

nerd

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:this week's plan, get 3/4 of the way done with MH LR and RC also drill 1/4 of the Cambridge packs

nerd

Thanks, you too



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests