The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 pm

On the real, I am starting to think PS LR Bible is superior to MH LR. I'm going to read both because I'm a loser with no life but initial impressions.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote: call in

Can you sleep at night if you have this C4 stuff in the late afternoon/evening?

ALSO because we are ON-TOPIC ITT - Stem or stimulus first, discuss.

Actually, yes. I've gotten used to it but I wake up at ~630 every morning and go to bed at ~1130-1200am. If I take it late on the weekend, I'm up until 3am tho.

Stimulus. I don't understand the QS first folk.

Dope thank you. I'm pretty bad at sleeping at a reasonable hour if I have caffeine late so may be different, we'll see.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Actually, yes. I've gotten used to it but I wake up at ~630 every morning and go to bed at ~1130-1200am. If I take it late on the weekend, I'm up until 3am tho.

Dope thank you. I'm pretty bad at sleeping at a reasonable hour if I have caffeine late so may be different, we'll see.

There really isn't much caffeine in most preworkouts. C4 is a little more than monster energy drinks, the one I'm on now is only 20mg (Lots of B12) and my favorite Ghost is 37 or 50mg.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:06 pm

dj9i27 wrote:On the real, I am starting to think PS LR Bible is superiour to MH LR. I'm going to read both because I'm a loser with no life but initial impressions.

Damn, don't say that. I only have the MH books!

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:06 pm

I think I'm team part-of-the-question-that's-like-"What is the necessary assumption?" first, because if you read a 'what logically follows' q looking for an NA, it's a big time sink. 'Tis but a shadow of a memory now though so idrk #rip

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:07 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

There really isn't much caffeine in most preworkouts. C4 is a little more than monster energy drinks, the one I'm on now is only 20mg (Lots of B12) and my favorite Ghost is 37 or 50mg.

Large part of why I couldn't sleep until 2 or 3am the day before test day is because I had a green tea latte at 4pm that day....

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Alexandros wrote:Large part of why I couldn't sleep until 2 or 3am the day before test day is because I had a green tea latte at 4pm that day....

ummm. start with 1/2 a scoop or else you won't be able to control your newfound energy.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:26 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:On the real, I am starting to think PS LR Bible is superiour to MH LR. I'm going to read both because I'm a loser with no life but initial impressions.

Damn, don't say that. I only have the MH books!

Personal preference. tbh i think it is because powerscore has a neater layout imo.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:28 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Large part of why I couldn't sleep until 2 or 3am the day before test day is because I had a green tea latte at 4pm that day....

ummm. start with 1/2 a scoop or else you won't be able to control your newfound energy.

Mmmk.
I still have to mail-order it.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

If your caffeine sensitive just get used to it for a week. I can take enough caffeine for a bull elephant and still be okay so pre gives me just enough. C4 is a good starter but Ghost is by far my favorite so far.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:34 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

If your caffeine sensitive just get used to it for a week. I can take enough caffeine for a bull elephant and still be okay so pre gives me just enough. C4 is a good starter but Ghost is by far my favorite so far.

What is the point of pre workout exactly?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:38 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

[+] Spoiler

Makes me feel better and get in the zone when I'm groggy after work. Doubles as a coffee level caffeine buzz to keep me studying. mostly gains tho

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:44 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

Makes me feel better and get in the zone when I'm groggy after work. Doubles as a coffee level caffeine buzz to keep me studying. mostly gains tho

Haha wow, very interesting video. Not for me, but I can certainly see the appeal for the big boyssss.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:47 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

Haha wow, very interesting video. Not for me, but I can certainly see the appeal for the big boyssss.

If you don't need it don't take it but I've noticed it help significantly on PRs. broscience is also hilarious (Especially his older stuff, newer stuff is meh) so if you need gym stereotype lols.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:55 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

If you don't need it don't take it but I've noticed it help significantly on PRs. broscience is also hilarious (Especially his older stuff, newer stuff is meh) so if you need gym stereotype lols.

"Forearms like cannons"

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:17 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

Not caffeine sensitive per see (like I drink 10 cups of coffee a day on the reg) just shit at sleeping if I have it too late in the dat

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

Not caffeine sensitive per see (like I drink 10 cups of coffee a day on the reg) just shit at sleeping if I have it too late in the dat

I'm not the best sleeper either, especially in UG I would go to bed at 230/300 and wake up at 10. Work sort of forces you to fix that tho.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:23 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

I'm not the best sleeper either, especially in UG I would go to bed at 230/300 and wake up at 10. Work sort of forces you to fix that tho.

Lol I'm having trouble sleeping before 5am these days which is a recipe for hell when you have to wake up at 8-9 a lot of days

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:33 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Mmmk.

Lol I'm having trouble sleeping before 5am these days which is a recipe for hell when you have to wake up at 8-9 a lot of days

damn dude, the insomnia is strong with you. have you tried melatonin or this https://www.amazon.com/Arnold-Schwarzen ... B00FA4JM46

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:38 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:ummm. start with 1/2 a scoop or else you won't be able to control your newfound energy.

Mmmk.

damn dude, the insomnia is strong with you. have you tried melatonin or this https://www.amazon.com/Arnold-Schwarzen ... B00FA4JM46

Ran out of melatonin - need to buy some more. And damn, didn't know that as a thing.
It's mostly because I keep doing the low-sleep low-sleep -> sleep until 3pm to catch up -> get myself sleep-schedule-fucked again.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:13 pm

pulling tomorrow for work because I want to go Thursday or Friday to my old professors office hours and try to solicit an lor. Do you think walking in is that bad of an idea? I've been out of her class 1.5 years but saw her about 7 months ago.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:23 pm

dj9i27 wrote:pulling tomorrow for work because I want to go Thursday or Friday to my old professors office hours and try to solicit an lor. Do you think walking in is that bad of an idea? I've been out of her class 1.5 years but saw her about 7 months ago.

Seems like a fine idea to me.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:pulling tomorrow for work because I want to go Thursday or Friday to my old professors office hours and try to solicit an lor. Do you think walking in is that bad of an idea? I've been out of her class 1.5 years but saw her about 7 months ago.

Like shes mad cool (and one of the catalysts to my law journey) but my hair has significantly changed so I'm worried she'll have no clue who I am and tell me to buzz off.
All of my apps will be deemed irrelevant due to lackluster LORs. Gonna have to make up for it with interview techniques and personal statements.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Like shes mad cool (and one of the catalysts to my law journey) but my hair has significantly changed so I'm worried she'll have no clue who I am and tell me to buzz off.
All of my apps will be deemed irrelevant due to lackluster LORs. Gonna have to make up for it with interview techniques and personal statements.

Most people's face recognition abilities aren't that bad. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Also fucking same. I hope we're not the minority there.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Most people's face recognition abilities aren't that bad. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Also fucking same. I hope we're not the minority there.

one of the admissions masters said that lors really aren't that unique and all follow the same pattern. Idk I was denied 2 of them because, "I didn't take them throughout my undergraduate career." They only taught 3 classes all of which I took...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?