The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
44%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
13%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:05 am

Npret wrote:Good luck on the computer test.
Will you get scores instantly like it's the GRE or maybe not because it's a pilot program? That is a big advantage of the GRE in knowing your score as soon as you finish.
I'm sure you all will crush it.

6 weeks or so iirc, I think they are doing that to review every little part of it.
Thanks tho!

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Sat May 20, 2017 7:24 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Npret wrote:Good luck on the computer test.
Will you get scores instantly like it's the GRE or maybe not because it's a pilot program? That is a big advantage of the GRE in knowing your score as soon as you finish.
I'm sure you all will crush it.

6 weeks or so iirc, I think they are doing that to review every little part of it.
Thanks tho!

Yeah. I'm pretty sure DJ is right. Thanks as well. I think the score report is also a bit more detailed.

Was pretty rusty last night but will see how this goes more or less cold.

Driving to queens now. 711 did not have my preferred snack. Day is for naught. Kinda hope for a weird game.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:26 am

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Npret wrote:Good luck on the computer test.
Will you get scores instantly like it's the GRE or maybe not because it's a pilot program? That is a big advantage of the GRE in knowing your score as soon as you finish.
I'm sure you all will crush it.

6 weeks or so iirc, I think they are doing that to review every little part of it.
Thanks tho!

Yeah. I'm pretty sure DJ is right. Was pretty rusty last night but will see how this goes more or less cold.

Driving to queens now. 711 did not have my preferred snack. Day is for naught. Kinda hope for a weird game.

I too hope for. a weird one.

The pencils 34, did you bring them? I need to know if I'll be a pariah

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:41 am

alright to hell with it, be back at 130-200


User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Sat May 20, 2017 7:51 am

dj9i27 wrote:alright to hell with it, be back at 130-200



Found one in my car. Otherwise I'm going in dry.

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Sat May 20, 2017 9:18 am

Good luck today digital lsat takers

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Sat May 20, 2017 9:44 am

even though y'all are probably already in there killing it right now.. good luck, nerds!

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sat May 20, 2017 1:26 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 pm

That was a waste of time.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:57 pm

34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.

nah, still good experience but I know what you are alluding to

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Sat May 20, 2017 1:59 pm

34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.



All repeats wasn't it? I recognized a lot of the LR questions. Hadn't done the games though. I Assume they were from more recent tests?

That tablet though sucks. I wish you could freely draw on it instead of just use their text identified highlighter

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:03 pm

TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.



All repeats wasn't it?

They made you guys pay to take a test filled with old questions? I'd be fuming.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sat May 20, 2017 2:04 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trooper10538

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:14 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby trooper10538 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:06 pm

I have complete set of study materials form Powerscore. 3 bibles, 3- workbooks, 3- comprehension books plus.some superprep text booklets
paid 435.00 for all on amazon. On book bible logic games have writing in it that's it. Sell all for 325.00

Ed Carpenter
trooper10538@NetZero.com

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby blackmamba8 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 pm

TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.



All repeats wasn't it? I recognized a lot of the LR questions. Hadn't done the games though. I Assume they were from more recent tests?

That tablet though sucks. I wish you could freely draw on it instead of just use their text identified highlighter

Do you think the tablet impacted your performance?

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Sat May 20, 2017 2:35 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.



All repeats wasn't it?

They made you guys pay to take a test filled with old questions? I'd be fuming.


It was free. And they gave us a 100$ giftcard for helping them. So quite the contrary actually.
blackmamba8 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.



All repeats wasn't it? I recognized a lot of the LR questions. Hadn't done the games though. I Assume they were from more recent tests?

That tablet though sucks. I wish you could freely draw on it instead of just use their text identified highlighter

Do you think the tablet impacted your performance?


Definitely. I entirely fucked up the 2nd LG because I didnt write a rule out all the way when copying to my paper.. I've never had that happen to me before so I'm going to blame it on the fact that I had to jump back and forth to the tablet.

It also wasn't very smooth at highlighting RC passages. It frequently ended up marking multiple lines that I didn't want it to, and then I lost seconds here and there being super careful about where I was notating. (i didnt run out of time because of this, but it distracted from the passage none the less)

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby littlewing67 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:55 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby blackmamba8 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:56 pm

TWiiX wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.



All repeats wasn't it?

They made you guys pay to take a test filled with old questions? I'd be fuming.


It was free. And they gave us a 100$ giftcard for helping them. So quite the contrary actually.
blackmamba8 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.



All repeats wasn't it? I recognized a lot of the LR questions. Hadn't done the games though. I Assume they were from more recent tests?

That tablet though sucks. I wish you could freely draw on it instead of just use their text identified highlighter

Do you think the tablet impacted your performance?


Definitely. I entirely fucked up the 2nd LG because I didnt write a rule out all the way when copying to my paper.. I've never had that happen to me before so I'm going to blame it on the fact that I had to jump back and forth to the tablet.

It also wasn't very smooth at highlighting RC passages. It frequently ended up marking multiple lines that I didn't want it to, and then I lost seconds here and there being super careful about where I was notating. (i didnt run out of time because of this, but it distracted from the passage none the less)

Ahh that sucks. At least you could still kind of mark up the passages even though it sounds like it was kinda buggy. Could you cross out answer choices? Hopefully LSAC is just getting started with digitalizing the LSAT and none of us have to worry about it. I think it's a test that's much better suited for paper and pencil.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Sat May 20, 2017 3:08 pm

dot
Last edited by 34iplaw on Sat May 20, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:21 pm

TWiiX wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:That was a waste of time.



All repeats wasn't it?

They made you guys pay to take a test filled with old questions? I'd be fuming.


It was free. And they gave us a 100$ giftcard for helping them. So quite the contrary actually.

Ah! Well in that case, totally worth it.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:04 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat May 20, 2017 4:41 pm

.
Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby blackmamba8 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:19 pm

I second the Surface Pro idea. I've tried a few games on it while messing around with my dad's and it worked really well. The stylus is great and it doesn't feel much different from paper and pencil.

ngogirl12

Silver
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:05 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby ngogirl12 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Was the RC/LG on the same page (tablet version) as the questions? Or did you have to go back and forth with pages for the questions/game?

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Sat May 20, 2017 5:58 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:Was the RC/LG on the same page (tablet version) as the questions? Or did you have to go back and forth with pages for the questions/game?


basically it was split into two screens. the left half the screen was the passage (which was scrollable) and the right side was the answer choices, which was also independently scrollable.

User avatar
littlelibertine

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby littlelibertine » Sat May 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Just took my second PT (40, timed): 169



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: harryzhang and 26 guests