The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
44%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
13%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:55 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Are Alex and Dj real life friends or is this a tls bromance?

We are real life friends from our days at University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, California, where we both studied Feminist Dance Theory and graduated in 2015.

Berkeley was amazing and I loved it so much studying sienze there

What a crazy coincidence that we all went to UC Berkeley.

Not a coincidence. It is GOAT

I had a 3.76 GPA from Berkeley and graduated in 2015, I was in numerous communist clubs as well.

Also this barber scapled me, not going back 0/10

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Are Alex and Dj real life friends or is this a tls bromance?

We are real life friends from our days at University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, California, where we both studied Feminist Dance Theory and graduated in 2015.

Berkeley was amazing and I loved it so much studying sienze there

What a crazy coincidence that we all went to UC Berkeley.

Not a coincidence. It is GOAT

I had a 3.76 GPA from Berkeley and graduated in 2015, I was in numerous communist clubs as well.

Also this barber scapled me, not going back 0/10

We have so much in common.
R u bald now, fellow UC Berkeley alumni?

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Are Alex and Dj real life friends or is this a tls bromance?

We are real life friends from our days at University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, California, where we both studied Feminist Dance Theory and graduated in 2015.

Berkeley was amazing and I loved it so much studying sienze there

What a crazy coincidence that we all went to UC Berkeley.

Not a coincidence. It is GOAT

I had a 3.76 GPA from Berkeley and graduated in 2015, I was in numerous communist clubs as well.

Also this barber scapled me, not going back 0/10

We have so much in common.
R u bald now, fellow UC Berkeley alumni?

Widows peak is still there but way shorter than I wanted. "Hey a little trim" does not mean get the fucking buzzers out and go yard on my skull

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:We are real life friends from our days at University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, California, where we both studied Feminist Dance Theory and graduated in 2015.

Berkeley was amazing and I loved it so much studying sienze there

What a crazy coincidence that we all went to UC Berkeley.

Not a coincidence. It is GOAT

I had a 3.76 GPA from Berkeley and graduated in 2015, I was in numerous communist clubs as well.

Also this barber scapled me, not going back 0/10

We have so much in common.
R u bald now, fellow UC Berkeley alumni?

Widows peak is still there but way shorter than I wanted. "Hey a little trim" does not mean get the fucking buzzers out and go yard on my skull

Oh noez.
I just cut it myself. Barbers can't be trusted.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:18 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

I have trust issues with hairdressers. While I was abroad I refused to get my hair done, but this week I have an appointment with a new hairdresser, and I'm hoping she'll be my go to in the future. Pray 4 me.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:19 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

I have trust issues with hairdressers. While I was abroad I refused to get my hair done, but this week I have an appointment with a new hairdresser, and I'm hoping she'll be my go to in the future. Pray 4 me.

If you hear buzzers (regardless if m/f) run.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Thu May 18, 2017 6:21 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

I have trust issues with hairdressers. While I was abroad I refused to get my hair done, but this week I have an appointment with a new hairdresser, and I'm hoping she'll be my go to in the future. Pray 4 me.

I can't remember the last time I went to one - I think I was like 17? Iirc they left me sitting there for 45 minutes, barely did anything, and charged me $60. I just cut it myself. Looks bad but not as bad as when they do it.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

I have trust issues with hairdressers. While I was abroad I refused to get my hair done, but this week I have an appointment with a new hairdresser, and I'm hoping she'll be my go to in the future. Pray 4 me.

I can't remember the last time I went to one - I think I was like 17? Iirc they left me sitting there for 45 minutes, barely did anything, and charged me $60. I just cut it myself. Looks bad but not as bad as when they do it.

I paid $15 and I thought I was getting ripped off. y so expense

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:23 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

I have trust issues with hairdressers. While I was abroad I refused to get my hair done, but this week I have an appointment with a new hairdresser, and I'm hoping she'll be my go to in the future. Pray 4 me.

If you hear buzzers (regardless if m/f) run.

Jesus Christ that would be like a horror movie.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:23 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

I have trust issues with hairdressers. While I was abroad I refused to get my hair done, but this week I have an appointment with a new hairdresser, and I'm hoping she'll be my go to in the future. Pray 4 me.

I can't remember the last time I went to one - I think I was like 17? Iirc they left me sitting there for 45 minutes, barely did anything, and charged me $60. I just cut it myself. Looks bad but not as bad as when they do it.

I paid $15 and I thought I was getting ripped off. y so expense

I'm expecting to be paying $200ish, lulz.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:24 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

I have trust issues with hairdressers. While I was abroad I refused to get my hair done, but this week I have an appointment with a new hairdresser, and I'm hoping she'll be my go to in the future. Pray 4 me.

I can't remember the last time I went to one - I think I was like 17? Iirc they left me sitting there for 45 minutes, barely did anything, and charged me $60. I just cut it myself. Looks bad but not as bad as when they do it.

I paid $15 and I thought I was getting ripped off. y so expense

Mine charges 30 but I only go before important things. She's good, too. Uses clippers for the bulk because I grow my hair out a bit sometimes

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby mwells56 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm

hushpuppy wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
hushpuppy wrote:
mwells56 wrote:About to take PT70.

On my last 4 PTs I've been in a steady decline of 171(PT45)-167(PT46)-166(PT76)-163(PT69). This was not a boost to my confidence.

This is all after coming off the academic high of getting my first 4.0 semester. No idea how my junior year ended up this well. Bumped by LSAC GPA from a 3.69 to a 3.75. Never thought I would be able to get it that high. Based on the classes I'm taking first semester next year I could go as high as a 3.77. Not tryna brag, just venting a 'lil.

I neeeeeeed this LSAT to go well. My original top-end goal was Columbia but with this GPA hike I'm starting to think Harvard might be a possibility. In the 7 tests I've taken since I started studying again in January I've only broken 170 twice (both 171's, PTs 42 and 45) and I've been averaging 167. I'm currently a Michigan undergrad and would love to stay here for law school and a 168ish is probably enough to get in but I'd at the very least like to have options on the higher end of the T14.

My biggest problem is consistency. On LG I go -0 or I can go -5. RC -3 or -9. LG is all over the place, could be -0 on one section and then -5 on the other. I know it's not a lack of understanding or ability at this point, I almost never get a question wrong that I don't understand what the right answer is and why. I'm just always making the dumb mistakes. If I get lucky I could get a 178. If I get unlucky I could get a 160. Frustrating.

Remaining tests are 70, 71, and 77-80. Hopefully that and whatever questions/sections I have remaining will be enough.

Sorry for the rant, just starting to feel the pressure.

Congrats on raising your gpa!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I am shooting for Sep and haven't even hit the books yet! :lol:


Haha, thanks on both accounts. Currently in the 15 min break for my PT. Yeah, I started studying kinda on a whim sometime last June and took the 7sage course while I was abroad. I was working an 8:00-5:00 internship while living out of a hotel room with a roommate for two months and trying to study. Then when I got back I worked/studied until school started, drank for a week, then the semester started and it wasn't ideal. If you're in a situation where you can actually focus on the test for 3-4 months you'll probably do better than I did, lol.

After the September test I took the rest of the semester off and then got a tutor when I arrived on campus, he's been fantastic. So I guess it's been more of a slow burn for me but I'm hoping it works out.

Wow, so you're approaching a year of studying. I can't afford 7sage or a tutor right now, so it's looking like the Trainer and PS books for me. I took a Kaplan class last year but my heart wasn't in it.

Yup, I purposely quit my full time corporate legal assistant gig to be super poor and to truly focus on the LSAT for the first time in my life. I hope four months is enough! I have a 3.84, and my first choices are Stanford, Berkeley and Northwestern.


Good luck, hope it all works out.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh noez.
Barbers can't be trusted.

I have one that I've been going to for 20+ years, shes the only one I trust at this point. Too bad the store is 2 hours away :/

I'm going to have either a plane cost or severe anxiety during OCI or 1oL pictures

I have trust issues with hairdressers. While I was abroad I refused to get my hair done, but this week I have an appointment with a new hairdresser, and I'm hoping she'll be my go to in the future. Pray 4 me.

I can't remember the last time I went to one - I think I was like 17? Iirc they left me sitting there for 45 minutes, barely did anything, and charged me $60. I just cut it myself. Looks bad but not as bad as when they do it.

I paid $15 and I thought I was getting ripped off. y so expense

I went to the fancy place in hopes that it would be an improvement over the cheap place. It was worse.

I haven't yet gotten my hair cut here in Berkeley where they may be more than aprx. 2. don't have the guts.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu May 18, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby mwells56 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Anon-e-miss wrote:
mwells56 wrote:About to take PT70.

On my last 4 PTs I've been in a steady decline of 171(PT45)-167(PT46)-166(PT76)-163(PT69). This was not a boost to my confidence.

This is all after coming off the academic high of getting my first 4.0 semester. No idea how my junior year ended up this well. Bumped by LSAC GPA from a 3.69 to a 3.75. Never thought I would be able to get it that high. Based on the classes I'm taking first semester next year I could go as high as a 3.77. Not tryna brag, just venting a 'lil.

I neeeeeeed this LSAT to go well. My original top-end goal was Columbia but with this GPA hike I'm starting to think Harvard might be a possibility. In the 7 tests I've taken since I started studying again in January I've only broken 170 twice (both 171's, PTs 42 and 45) and I've been averaging 167. I'm currently a Michigan undergrad and would love to stay here for law school and a 168ish is probably enough to get in but I'd at the very least like to have options on the higher end of the T14.

My biggest problem is consistency. On LG I go -0 or I can go -5. RC -3 or -9. LG is all over the place, could be -0 on one section and then -5 on the other. I know it's not a lack of understanding or ability at this point, I almost never get a question wrong that I don't understand what the right answer is and why. I'm just always making the dumb mistakes. If I get lucky I could get a 178. If I get unlucky I could get a 160. Frustrating.

Remaining tests are 70, 71, and 77-80. Hopefully that and whatever questions/sections I have remaining will be enough.

Sorry for the rant, just starting to feel the pressure.

Super weird but I also go to Michigan UG with a 3.75-3.8 GPA after junior year and want Columbia or Harvard. :shock:


Oh.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 pm

oopsu812 wrote:I'm expecting to be paying $200ish, lulz.

[+] Spoiler
Image




oopsu812 wrote:I'm expecting to be paying $200ish, lulz.

[+] Spoiler
Image




oopsu812 wrote:I'm expecting to be paying $200ish, lulz.

[+] Spoiler
Image

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby mwells56 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 pm

I feel really stupid because I've been posting in this group today without realizing this was the September group not the June group. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops.

User avatar
presidentspivey

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:34 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby presidentspivey » Thu May 18, 2017 6:30 pm

mwells56 wrote:I feel really stupid because I've been posting in this group today without realizing this was the September group not the June group. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops.

Every time I browse through the June thread I feel a little guilty we're clowning so much in this thread.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:32 pm

mwells56 wrote:I feel really stupid because I've been posting in this group today without realizing this was the September group not the June group. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops.

All are welcome here.

Give me your tired, your scores, your prelaw students yearning for HYS. Send these, the lsat preppers, tempest toast to me.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:32 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I'm expecting to be paying $200ish, lulz.

[+] Spoiler
Image

It's not normally that expensive, I promise. This is just an exception because it's been a year since I've had it done, and my hair is like 3 different colours atm. It's brutal. :(

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu May 18, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Alexandros wrote:GPA has officially exceeded CLS's 75th.
In b4 I get a D in the class that hasn't been updated.

Keep it up and enjoy your Hammy, mate. What's the 75th?
Last edited by oopsu812 on Thu May 18, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Alexandros wrote:GPA has officially exceeded CLS's 75th.
In b4 I get a D in the class that hasn't been updated.

"I'm not getting into S"

wat

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:GPA has officially exceeded CLS's 75th.
In b4 I get a D in the class that hasn't been updated.

Keep it up and enjoy your Hammy, mate. What is the 75th?

3.81.
I'm officially jinxing it by making premature announcements, will fail all courses next yr and graduate with 2.0.

Didn't realise it was so low compared to the rest of the T6. Man, I should just start getting myself excited for CLS honestly. Seems like that's where I'll end up.

And nah, I think you'll maintain that just fine.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 19 guests