The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
44%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
13%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 45

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I guess that's what happens when there are 2618 universities. Still think it's silly that someone could pick to go to their state school because they can't afford the crazy out of state or private school tuition, and be at a disadvantage because of it.

I agree, although there are many states with at least 1 good/great public school.
Also, numbers are still numbers, and numbers rule this process.

You're not getting disadvantaged because of it - You're just not getting the advantage a very select few do. The same goes for uber-prestigious internships or something. Soft factors favor the wealthy and the privileged.

Sounds like a great way for the select few to stay the select few, eh?

I agree with what you're saying. But I mean, it's a soft factor that would only matter at the margins (a 3.9, 177, TTT UG application will beat out a 3.6, 170, HYP applicant any day) and the vast majority of applicants won't be HYP.

I know, I'm mostly just arguing for the sake of arguing. I'd just hope that UG institution would be one of the last things that they look at when numbers are the same, and I'm sure it is.

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Anon-e-miss » Tue May 16, 2017 9:21 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I guess that's what happens when there are 2618 universities. Still think it's silly that someone could pick to go to their state school because they can't afford the crazy out of state or private school tuition, and be at a disadvantage because of it.

I agree, although there are many states with at least 1 good/great public school.
Also, numbers are still numbers, and numbers rule this process.

You're not getting disadvantaged because of it - You're just not getting the advantage a very select few do. The same goes for uber-prestigious internships or something. Soft factors favor the wealthy and the privileged.

Sounds like a great way for the select few to stay the select few, eh?

I agree with what you're saying. But I mean, it's a soft factor that would only matter at the margins (a 3.9, 177, TTT UG application will beat out a 3.6, 170, HYP applicant any day) and the vast majority of applicants won't be HYP.

I know, I'm mostly just arguing for the sake of arguing. I'd just hope that UG institution would be one of the last things that they look at when numbers are the same, and I'm sure it is.

I assume this is true, although UG can have an impact on things like WE, research/publications, etc.
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Tue May 16, 2017 9:31 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I guess that's what happens when there are 2618 universities. Still think it's silly that someone could pick to go to their state school because they can't afford the crazy out of state or private school tuition, and be at a disadvantage because of it.

I agree, although there are many states with at least 1 good/great public school.
Also, numbers are still numbers, and numbers rule this process.

You're not getting disadvantaged because of it - You're just not getting the advantage a very select few do. The same goes for uber-prestigious internships or something. Soft factors favor the wealthy and the privileged.

Sounds like a great way for the select few to stay the select few, eh?

I agree with what you're saying. But I mean, it's a soft factor that would only matter at the margins (a 3.9, 177, TTT UG application will beat out a 3.6, 170, HYP applicant any day) and the vast majority of applicants won't be HYP.

I know, I'm mostly just arguing for the sake of arguing. I'd just hope that UG institution would be one of the last things that they look at when numbers are the same, and I'm sure it is.

It will be. And, I really think the UG prestige boost only matters at the extreme end (ie. at the level of HYP) - If it exists, it wouldn't matter or come into play at all for the vast majority of applicants.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I guess that's what happens when there are 2618 universities. Still think it's silly that someone could pick to go to their state school because they can't afford the crazy out of state or private school tuition, and be at a disadvantage because of it.

I agree, although there are many states with at least 1 good/great public school.
Also, numbers are still numbers, and numbers rule this process.

You're not getting disadvantaged because of it - You're just not getting the advantage a very select few do. The same goes for uber-prestigious internships or something. Soft factors favor the wealthy and the privileged.

Sounds like a great way for the select few to stay the select few, eh?

I agree with what you're saying. But I mean, it's a soft factor that would only matter at the margins (a 3.9, 177, TTT UG application will beat out a 3.6, 170, HYP applicant any day) and the vast majority of applicants won't be HYP.

I know, I'm mostly just arguing for the sake of arguing. I'd just hope that UG institution would be one of the last things that they look at when numbers are the same, and I'm sure it is.

It will be. And, I really think the UG prestige boost only matters at the extreme end (ie. at the level of HYP) - If it exists, it wouldn't matter or come into play at all for the vast majority of applicants.

I agree, but now I can't put off doing my assignment to post in this thread now.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Seriously thinking about getting a new gym for the summer.
also why can't ppl leave poor Alex alone.

User avatar
littlelibertine

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby littlelibertine » Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 pm

chargers21 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I am upset about this change not coming a year sooner now that I am already deposited and signing a lease. Retaking in June would have been killer for me

Where are you headed?

Duke, my favorite school out of where I applied this cycle


Welcome to North Carolina. I'm about forty minutes from you.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:43 pm

littlelibertine wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I am upset about this change not coming a year sooner now that I am already deposited and signing a lease. Retaking in June would have been killer for me

Where are you headed?

Duke, my favorite school out of where I applied this cycle


Welcome to North Carolina. I'm about forty minutes from you.

Thanks! I think I'm going to enjoy it, and actually plan on staying in the state after graduating!

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed May 17, 2017 2:20 am

Alexandros wrote:Seriously thinking about getting a new gym for the summer.
also why can't ppl leave poor Alex alone.


Why are people messing with my boy?

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Wed May 17, 2017 3:50 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Seriously thinking about getting a new gym for the summer.
also why can't ppl leave poor Alex alone.


Why are people messing with my boy?

<3

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:34 am

The mastermind should be back up for sale the 26th. not pedaling them but I want another and figured it's the better lsat watch out there

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Wed May 17, 2017 9:06 am

dj9i27 wrote:The mastermind should be back up for sale the 26th. not pedaling them but I want another and figured it's the better lsat watch out there


I pre-ordered just in case.

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 am

I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:12 am

chewinggum wrote:I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.

Splitters do well at CLS.. SLS is a different story :/

User avatar
littlelibertine

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby littlelibertine » Wed May 17, 2017 9:23 am

x
Last edited by littlelibertine on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

saf18hornet

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby saf18hornet » Wed May 17, 2017 9:26 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:May these next four page numbers be all of your LSAT scores.

need 1 more to delay a retake.

Not you, son. Your score will be precisely four pages after this.

Real talk tho, you'd retake a 176?

is it bad if I say I would heavily think about it?


No, there is zero downside to retaking. I'd never tell someone not to use as many takes as they can afford

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 am

littlelibertine wrote:
chewinggum wrote:I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.


same. although, how low does your UG GPA have to be to be considered a split? I had a 3.55 -- could've had a 3.8ish but got sick and fucked off my last semester. :/

below 25th percentile above 75 percentile. This thread has a lot of splitters and no one should apply to Stanford but me, k? k.

My GPA is actually really good for my major, too bad it's TTT in Lawl world

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:31 am

saf18hornet wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:May these next four page numbers be all of your LSAT scores.

need 1 more to delay a retake.

Not you, son. Your score will be precisely four pages after this.

Real talk tho, you'd retake a 176?

is it bad if I say I would heavily think about it?


No, there is zero downside to retaking. I'd never tell someone not to use as many takes as they can afford

So... Alex should retake?

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 am

dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.

Splitters do well at CLS.. SLS is a different story :/

Any idea how splitters do at NYU? Is there any data on these stats on tls?

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:36 am

chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.

Splitters do well at CLS.. SLS is a different story :/

Any idea how splitters do at NYU? Is there any data on these stats on tls?

Splitters are hard to predict but LSN and LSP are decent predictors.

LSP is where operation false hope starts because it says Stanford and Harvard are my "Goal Schools" with a 177+ Lmao no

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Wed May 17, 2017 9:40 am

dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.

Splitters do well at CLS.. SLS is a different story :/

Any idea how splitters do at NYU? Is there any data on these stats on tls?

Splitters are hard to predict but LSN and LSP are decent predictors.

LSP is where operation false hope starts because it says Stanford and Harvard are my "Goal Schools" with a 177+ Lmao no


There are a few super splitters on here (2.9/177, 3.1/161) who've gotten into NYU and Columbia with money. So I'm praying for a miracle.

I need to elevate my test prep.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 am

chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.

Splitters do well at CLS.. SLS is a different story :/

Any idea how splitters do at NYU? Is there any data on these stats on tls?

Splitters are hard to predict but LSN and LSP are decent predictors.

LSP is where operation false hope starts because it says Stanford and Harvard are my "Goal Schools" with a 177+ Lmao no


There are a few super splitters on here (2.9/177, 3.1/161) who've gotten into NYU and Columbia with money. So I'm praying for a miracle.

I need to elevate my test prep.

URM?
I picked up the Blueprint LG the other day because it was payday and why not. It is pretty easy to read akin to the Trainer, might be able to finish it this weekend.

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 am

dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.

Splitters do well at CLS.. SLS is a different story :/

Any idea how splitters do at NYU? Is there any data on these stats on tls?

Splitters are hard to predict but LSN and LSP are decent predictors.

LSP is where operation false hope starts because it says Stanford and Harvard are my "Goal Schools" with a 177+ Lmao no


There are a few super splitters on here (2.9/177, 3.1/161) who've gotten into NYU and Columbia with money. So I'm praying for a miracle.

I need to elevate my test prep.

URM?
I picked up the Blueprint LG the other day because it was payday and why not. It is pretty easy to read akin to the Trainer, might be able to finish it this weekend.


3.1/161 was URM, 2.9/177 was not.

Is LG your biggest hurdle?

I might want to get a 180 just to be safe :mrgreen:

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:10 am

chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:I have these fantasies about my reaction to getting accepted to NYU/Columbia but I don't want to jinx myself when my score is not where it needs to be.

considering i'm a splitter.

Splitters do well at CLS.. SLS is a different story :/

Any idea how splitters do at NYU? Is there any data on these stats on tls?

Splitters are hard to predict but LSN and LSP are decent predictors.

LSP is where operation false hope starts because it says Stanford and Harvard are my "Goal Schools" with a 177+ Lmao no


There are a few super splitters on here (2.9/177, 3.1/161) who've gotten into NYU and Columbia with money. So I'm praying for a miracle.

I need to elevate my test prep.

URM?
I picked up the Blueprint LG the other day because it was payday and why not. It is pretty easy to read akin to the Trainer, might be able to finish it this weekend.


3.1/161 was URM, 2.9/177 was not.

Is LG your biggest hurdle?

I might want to get a 180 just to be safe :mrgreen:

damn, sub 3 is rare with money. STANNY HOPE PLEASE.

not really, but the weird games trip me up something fierce. Figured I can alleviate it with lots of books. RC is my most inconsistent section by far.

I want a 180 so bad, I read NoodleOne, PP. and other 180 guides on a consistent basis.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:11 am

seriously tho only 100 people apply to SLS so I have a chance .

User avatar
chewinggum

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chewinggum » Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 am

dj9i27 wrote:damn, sub 3 is rare with money. STANNY HOPE PLEASE.

not really, but the weird games trip me up something fierce. Figured I can alleviate it with lots of books. RC is my most inconsistent section by far.

I want a 180 so bad, I read NoodleOne, PP. and other 180 guides on a consistent basis.


Same. RC is annoying for me mostly because of time. If it was 2 singles and 2 comparative life would be so much easier and my skin would be clear.

How long have you been studying?



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests