The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

chargers21

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:43 am

That one dude had to have had seriously awful apps. I mean, I produced an okay app and cleaned up, regardless of the lack of consistency, pretty good. With okay LSAT numbers. Maybe my PS sold me above bottom t13 a bit, perhaps the story that sold me to Chicago is also what made 15-11 think twice on whether they could get me. Why did I get into Chicago?!? I may never know. But it'll always be a feather in my cap even though I won't be attending

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:44 am

Disclaimer: I'm drinking pretty heavily tonight

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun May 14, 2017 1:52 am

chargers21 wrote:That one dude had to have had seriously awful apps. I mean, I produced an okay app and cleaned up, regardless of the lack of consistency, pretty good. With okay LSAT numbers. Maybe my PS sold me above bottom t13 a bit, perhaps the story that sold me to Chicago is also what made 15-11 think twice on whether they could get me. Why did I get into Chicago?!? I may never know. But it'll always be a feather in my cap even though I won't be attending

Thats why i don't stress over stats or other people's cycles...anything can happen! and you should be proud; Chicago is a great school

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:59 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:That one dude had to have had seriously awful apps. I mean, I produced an okay app and cleaned up, regardless of the lack of consistency, pretty good. With okay LSAT numbers. Maybe my PS sold me above bottom t13 a bit, perhaps the story that sold me to Chicago is also what made 15-11 think twice on whether they could get me. Why did I get into Chicago?!? I may never know. But it'll always be a feather in my cap even though I won't be attending

Thats why i don't stress over stats or other people's cycles...anything can happen! and you should be proud; Chicago is a great school

Thanks! I played a narrative throughout my app and I definitely think it helped. Rugged American, blue collar, rising up from an agricultural/manufacturing lifestyle. Definitely true if you've followed my posts at all

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun May 14, 2017 2:05 am

chargers21 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

Thanks! I played a narrative throughout my app and I definitely think it helped. Rugged American, blue collar, rising up from an agricultural/manufacturing lifestyle. Definitely true if you've followed my posts at all

Definitely. Yeah ive noticed somewhat. Looks like you told your story well haha

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Sun May 14, 2017 11:43 am

Graduation is lame

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:54 pm

PrezRand wrote:Graduation is lame

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun May 14, 2017 1:57 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

I have mine next week and I'll probably be studying on my phone the whole time since my school is stupid af and decided to do graduation during finals week..thus, making me have an exam 3 hrs before the ceremony and another final the day after. thanks school :roll:

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Sun May 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I have mine next week and I'll probably be studying on my phone the whole time since my school is stupid af and decided to do graduation during finals week..thus, making me have an exam 3 hrs before the ceremony and another final the day after. thanks school :roll:

Is there no way for your teacher to let you take it earlier or later? No way a professor would be that cruel to you!

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun May 14, 2017 2:20 pm

clueless801 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Is there no way for your teacher to let you take it earlier or later? No way a professor would be that cruel to you!

doesn't really matter, I'd still have to take the final that same day, but the longer I'm there the more annoyed I'll be since I would have to wait for my family to come to the school for my ceremony. I would just prefer to take it later since I'm sure ill finish it quick and then just wait maybe 2 hrs for my fam to show up. So dumb that they did all of this during finals week though, I seriously don't get it

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun May 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

That's absolutely ridiculous!!! Last year I had to take an exam the morning of graduation and that was bad. I can't imagine one being completely after the ceremony. I've never heard of that. That shouldnt be allowed. My roomate didn't get a grade in one class for 2 bloody months after we had graduated. It was insane.... Schools you think would get that shit together you know

Sorry Mikey, but my last exam is in 24 hrs. so pumped and excited.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun May 14, 2017 2:26 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

That's absolutely ridiculous!!! Last year I had to an exam the morning of graduation and that was bad. I can't imagine one being completely after the ceremony. I've never heard of that. That shouldnt be allowed. My roomate didn't get a grade in one class for 2 bloody months after we had graduated. It was insane.... Schools you think would get that shit together you know

2 months?? holy crap...

best of luck buddy! I know you got this!

yeah my school ALWAYS does graduation the week after finals... why they decided to do it during finals week this year? I have 0 fucking clue... lol

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun May 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

That's absolutely ridiculous!!! Last year I had to an exam the morning of graduation and that was bad. I can't imagine one being completely after the ceremony. I've never heard of that. That shouldnt be allowed. My roomate didn't get a grade in one class for 2 bloody months after we had graduated. It was insane.... Schools you think would get that shit together you know

2 months?? holy crap...

best of luck buddy! I know you got this!

yeah my school ALWAYS does graduation the week after finals... why they decided to do it during finals week this year? I have 0 fucking clue... lol

Thanks man! Yeah it makes no sense and what professor isnt kind enough to realize that and move the final exam to an earlier date as an option...

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun May 14, 2017 2:46 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Thanks man! Yeah it makes no sense and what professor isnt kind enough to realize that and move the final exam to an earlier date as an option...

yeah it sucks but tbh, I have like 3 finals that Monday of graduation week.. so I'd rather have those 2 exams on graduation day/next day than have 5 exams stuffed into that preceding Monday... lol. it sucks but it is what it is I guess

KILL THAT FINAL BOY! also, you're never active in the fb group chat :cry:

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun May 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

yeah it sucks but tbh, I have like 3 finals that Monday of graduation week.. so I'd rather have those 2 exams on graduation day/next day than have 5 exams stuffed into that preceding Monday... lol. it sucks but it is what it is I guess

When you say it like that, I agree haha. Thanks! I will bro. Probably going to be the hardest exam I have ever taken but c'est la vie.

I promise you I will be more active here and the FB group come next week when I am studying LSAT full time, just relaxing at home. I have been drowning in work the last few months and really just focused on crushing it. I tend to get severely distracted by social media so i tend to eliminate as much of it as i can during times when i need to be super focused.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Mikey wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

doesn't really matter, I'd still have to take the final that same day, but the longer I'm there the more annoyed I'll be since I would have to wait for my family to come to the school for my ceremony. I would just prefer to take it later since I'm sure ill finish it quick and then just wait maybe 2 hrs for my fam to show up. So dumb that they did all of this during finals week though, I seriously don't get it

Shit, Mikey, that sucks. Graduation here is about a month after finals end.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun May 14, 2017 2:58 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

When you say it like that, I agree haha. Thanks! I will bro. Probably going to be the hardest exam I have ever taken but c'est la vie.

I promise you I will be more active here and the FB group come next week when I am studying LSAT full time, just relaxing at home. I have been drowning in work the last few months and really just focused on crushing it. I tend to get severely distracted by social media so i tend to eliminate as much of it as i can during times when i need to be super focused.

word, good luck man!

it's all good, work/school is more important so deal w that first! see you in the fb chat ;)

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun May 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Alexandros wrote:Shit, Mikey, that sucks. Graduation here is about a month after finals end.

yeah it's stupid.. like, could they really not have done it AT LEAST the week after finals week...? lol, they're so inconsiderate..

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun May 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Mikey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Shit, Mikey, that sucks. Graduation here is about a month after finals end.

yeah it's stupid.. like, could they really not have done it AT LEAST the week after finals week...? lol, they're so inconsiderate..

Yeah that's fucking ridiculous. wouldn't be difficult to just do it a bit later.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun May 14, 2017 3:02 pm

Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

word, good luck man!

it's all good, work/school is more important so deal w that first! see you in the fb chat ;)

I promise im not ignoring you guys!!! I think about you every star$ journey i go on hahah

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun May 14, 2017 3:02 pm

Alexandros wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Yeah that's fucking ridiculous. wouldn't be difficult to just do it a bit later.

Exactly

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Sun May 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Mikey wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Man, I feel for ya! My very last semester, I had a teacher who didn't budge on letting me take the final before commencement. I also live away from school without a car. My family came up for the ceremony, took the majority of my belongings, and then left me behind because I still had to take this stupid exam. Coincidentally, this class was the only class I did not get an A in that semester because I didn't do so well on the final. Oops!

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun May 14, 2017 3:36 pm

When you people say they work a few hours on weekends at a firm, does that typically involve being at the office or just working from home?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Alexandros wrote:When you people say they work a few hours on weekends at a firm, does that typically involve being at the office or just working from home?

I'd be cool working from home.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun May 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Alexandros wrote:When you people say they work a few hours on weekends at a firm, does that typically involve being at the office or just working from home?

I havent worked at a law firm, but in finance its pretty lax especially if the firms give you laptops and you dont work on a desktop. I went in during the summer as a preference but it didnt really matter as long as the work got done. I guess it just depends if its solo work or you need to work with other ppl or use resources at the office etc

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?