The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

chargers21

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:29 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:There's nothing attractive about transactional to me, honestly. If/when I go into law, it'll be 100% as a litigator. :mrgreen:

Do you like the idea of being in court, etc. or just not the idea of doing contracts and stuff?

Both, haha. I don't understand what's appealing about transactional. What attracts you to it?

Idk, I guess it's just the genre of law that attracted me from the start combined with my preference for doing meticulous, possibly boring work. I'm pretty shy and don't enjoy talking that much in spite of having had a decent time leading classrooms as a TA. Doc review sounds like my cup of tea actually, just not real deal litigation

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Postby Anon-e-miss » Fri May 12, 2017 6:33 pm

chargers21 wrote:A few catch up notes.
1. Sign up for CRS for the fee waivers. Get your LORs and transcript in ASAP. The GPA will attract fee waivers as well as the LSAT.
2. I bombed my first LSAT because it was pre-TLS for me and I didn't know about anything back then. It kinda killed me because I feel like a 3rd real take would have helped, but don't sweat it. Just make your next take count, I had an 11 point jump and no one batted an eye at my app as far as I know.
3. I want to do transactional and have heard mixed reviews. It's really want I wanted to do when I first decided to go into law. Anything you guys have on why some find it worse than Lit other than it's boring in comparison? I don't want to do courtroom stuff at all, would prefer to never see the inside of one.
4. Link to the NYC BL thread?

How important is this first point if I plan to apply in the 2018-19 cycle? I am not done with UG yet so don't have my final transcript, and I won't have LoR until the fall. I certainly do want fee waivers when I apply next year.
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Thank god for the LSAC GPA scale. I just got my final grades and it raised mine .13

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Anon-e-miss wrote:
chargers21 wrote:A few catch up notes.
1. Sign up for CRS for the fee waivers. Get your LORs and transcript in ASAP. The GPA will attract fee waivers as well as the LSAT.
2. I bombed my first LSAT because it was pre-TLS for me and I didn't know about anything back then. It kinda killed me because I feel like a 3rd real take would have helped, but don't sweat it. Just make your next take count, I had an 11 point jump and no one batted an eye at my app as far as I know.
3. I want to do transactional and have heard mixed reviews. It's really want I wanted to do when I first decided to go into law. Anything you guys have on why some find it worse than Lit other than it's boring in comparison? I don't want to do courtroom stuff at all, would prefer to never see the inside of one.
4. Link to the NYC BL thread?

How important is this first point if I plan to apply in the 2018-19 cycle? I am not done with UG yet so don't have my final transcript, and I won't have LoR until the fall. I certainly do want fee waivers when I apply next year.

Wait then. Mostly just applies to like right before your cycle starts. Many schools will not give waivers unless automatically awarded through CRS

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Fri May 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Love hate relationship with LSAT prep

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri May 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Hey guys-

This time around I want to make sure my prep is more structured. I have completed the LSAT Trainer in Feb but Have since studied since grad school got extremely busy. My plan is to do the Trainer ( Done but ill review some LR and RC chapters and my notes), MH Series, drill w/ cambridge and PT/review.

I was looking at Mike Kim's study guides and if i will be study full time is my best bet to do the 4 week schedule? Or should I still choose one of the slower schedules and go through the material slower, but just practice more in a day?

CC: DJ - what is your study plan mate? (Since i know your planning on using the same mats as I)

To the fellow Sept 2016 squad in here- I know a lot of you used the Trainer study schedule as well. How did that go and what timeline did you use/and or recommend?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:54 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:Hey guys-

This time around I want to make sure my prep is more structured. I have completed the LSAT Trainer in Feb but Have since studied since grad school got extremely busy. My plan is to do the Trainer ( Done but ill review some LR and RC chapters and my notes), MH Series, drill w/ cambridge and PT/review.

I was looking at Mike Kim's study guides and if i will be study full time is my best bet to do the 4 week schedule? Or should I still choose one of the slower schedules and go through the material slower, but just practice more in a day?

CC: DJ - what is your study plan mate? (Since i know your planning on using the same mats as I)

To the fellow Sept 2016 squad in here- I know a lot of you used the Trainer study schedule as well. How did that go and what timeline did you use/and or recommend?

Right now I am glossing over the Trainer again to prep for the digital LSAT next week with a little drilling in my old prepbooks (I have probably 100 unanswered questions) and then I crack open the new books and Cambridge post digital.

After that I will be using more or less PPs plan but modified; putting pt 1-30 for drilling, 30-40 for timed sections, and 40-81 (Plus ABC I&II) for full PTs.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri May 12, 2017 11:55 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

Right now I am glossing over the Trainer again to prep for the digital LSAT next week with a little drilling in my old prepbooks (I have probably 100 unanswered questions) and then I crack open the new books and Cambridge post digital.

After that I will be using more or less PPs plan but modified; putting pt 1-30 for drilling, 30-40 for timed sections, and 40-81 (Plus ABC I&II) for full PTs.

Are you just trying to get through the MH series post-digital as fast as you can?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:59 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Are you just trying to get through the MH series post-digital as fast as you can?

I'll give myself a month from today. I skipped the first intro chapters where they are DAE HERE IS LG,LR, RC. since I already know it but my intentions are 1.5 hours of reading and 2 hours of drilling for month 1 on the weekdays and 4-6 on the weekends. Once timed drilling moves in I want to be 3/4 of the way done.

I also have a fresh PS LR Bible on standby in case I break in July/ August. I am anticipating a 169-172 on the digital and then make most my gains from July-August where I want to be 177+... Also buy a new mattress so I sleep like a baby the night of.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat May 13, 2017 12:18 am

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I'll give myself a month from today. I skipped the first intro chapters where they are DAE HERE IS LG,LR, RC. since I already know it but my intentions are 1.5 hours of reading and 2 hours of drilling for month 1 on the weekdays and 4-6 on the weekends. Once timed drilling moves in I want to be 3/4 of the way done.

I also have a fresh PS LR Bible on standby in case I break in July/ August. I am anticipating a 169-172 on the digital and then make most my gains from July-August where I want to be 177+... Also buy a new mattress so I sleep like a baby the night of.

Alright, I like that idea. I think ill do the same plan as you. Damn you killin it boy! I wish I could have been consistently been crushing LSAT this semester but itll give me a sense of urgency when i start next week. My last exam is monday and im def going out Monday night so Tues/Weds im prob gonna do a few of the intro chapters to get back adjusted and Ill be busy Thurs-Sat/Sun for celebratory "obligations" lol and then I'll start FULL Speed crushing on Monday. and I can study all day long. Gonna just Eat Sleep Lift LSAT LSAT LSAT

Edit: Also, are you doing all the books at the same time alternating days.. or full LG then LR then RC etc.?

calmike

Bronze

Postby calmike » Sat May 13, 2017 12:24 am

I felt like I cheated myself today.

I took PT 67 today but I forgot to add an experimental section meaning I took a timed 4-section test today.

I scored a 176, my highest Practice score ever.

RC: -2
LR1: -1
LG: -1
LR:-1

I was really impressed by my score today since I have never scored this high before. I thought I had made more mistakes in RC and LR. I did not blind review. I am just going to review my wrong answers. I keep improving as I take more practice tests. However, I feel like my score today does not reflect my actual score potential since I did only 4- sections. :(

The last LG game was tough! I was stuck with one question.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:27 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Alright, I like that idea. I think ill do the same plan as you. Damn you killin it boy! I wish I could have been consistently been crushing LSAT this semester but itll give me a sense of urgency when i start next week. My last exam is monday and im def going out Monday night so Tues/Weds im prob gonna do a few of the intro chapters to get back adjusted and Ill be busy Thurs-Sat/Sun for celebratory "obligations" lol and then I'll start FULL Speed crushing on Monday. and I can study all day long. Gonna just Eat Sleep Lift LSAT LSAT LSAT

Edit: Also, are you doing all the books at the same time alternating days.. or full LG then LR then RC etc.?

Work put a serious hindrance on my studying but I set my weekend schedule for the next 6 months so I'm on a routine. I also started to so LR during lull time at work lol. and I'm totally not in the gym rn on a Friday night, nope I have a life.

Probably a little of everything everyday tbh but cycle what I'm doing heavy
example
warm up RC; Heavy Lr and LG

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat May 13, 2017 12:31 am

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Work put a serious hindrance on my studying but I set my weekend schedule for the next 6 months so I'm on a routine. I also started to so LR during lull time at work lol. and I'm totally not in the gym rn on a Friday night, nope I have a life.

Probably a little of everything everyday tbh but cycle what I'm doing heavy
example
warm up RC; Heavy Lr and LG

Interesting- I like that idea. Ill just start and try a few things see what I like. I can imagine... Im so thankful I have this summer and no work to just study full time. Thats what hurt me last summer. Haha i feel you bro, I havent been out in a month. Just straight lifting and studying. I got back from the gym an hour or so as well. With that said, my shred has been great. Weighed in at 203 yesterday (down from 220)

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat May 13, 2017 1:13 am

*triez 2 have fun* *haz mental brekdown insted*

[+] Spoiler

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:21 am

Alexandros wrote:*triez 2 have fun* *haz mental brekdown insted*

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Me rn

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat May 13, 2017 1:24 am

dj9i27 wrote:

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Me rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0XWSBA ... be&t=1m21s

I don't know why im finding this so fucking hilarious right now.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:25 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
Interesting- I like that idea. Ill just start and try a few things see what I like. I can imagine... Im so thankful I have this summer and no work to just study full time. Thats what hurt me last summer. Haha i feel you bro, I havent been out in a month. Just straight lifting and studying. I got back from the gym an hour or so as well. With that said, my shred has been great. Weighed in at 203 yesterday (down from 220)

Me:
Got 365x7 on skwats
Got sick
Can't do 225 now
Sprained foot
Fat.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:27 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Me rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0XWSBA ... be&t=1m21s

I don't know why im finding this so fucking hilarious right now.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat May 13, 2017 1:29 am

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

Me:
Got 365x7 on skwats
Got sick
Can't do 225 now
Sprained foot
Fat.

here is DJ
[+] Spoiler

Alex:
squats 2 lbs one time
is immboile for six months
Last edited by Alexandros on Sat May 13, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:33 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

Me:
Got 365x7 on skwats
Got sick
Can't do 225 now
Sprained foot
Fat.

here is DJ
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:37 am

My favorite part of work is def the weekends and long hours. There is nothing like staring at a screen waiting for a log to come in.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat May 13, 2017 1:39 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

Me:
Got 365x7 on skwats
Got sick
Can't do 225 now
Sprained foot
Fat.

here is DJ
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

ru ok dude

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat May 13, 2017 1:46 am

dj9i27 wrote:My favorite part of work is def the weekends and long hours. There is nothing like staring at a screen waiting for a log to come in.

* screen cuts to Berkeley skyline, with hallucinatory flames *

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat May 13, 2017 2:03 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:My favorite part of work is def the weekends and long hours. There is nothing like staring at a screen waiting for a log to come in.

underrated post.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:17 am

Alexandros wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

underrated post.

I've never seen the eyes of someone who has lost faith in everything this clear before.
Congrats Alex. Now go write at 3:00am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?