The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
44%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
13%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:Another thread that shall not be named thread is catching steam.

Kinda almost glad it's back to life, if we're talking about the same thread.

I'm not, it's the same conversation over and over. One camp distains BL and the other says it isn't that bad and you know what you signed up for. Just a going in circles thread unlike this thread.

We've got the best threads, don't we folks?

Very true. But I think there are some (very few but some) good convos therein about how to avoid that fate. I wouldn't know to be gunning for lit over corporate if it weren't for that thread.

My complaint about certain people's attitudes is that they're often over the top to the point that 0Ls get incredulous without providing much solid info about what makes it so bad.

We indeed have the best thread here tho.

this is true, i would probably take BL transactional and be miserable all the time but transactional corporation does not look bad WL balance wise (I know I've said this before).

There is also a "Nothing is good about law" vibe brewing in those threads that I find insufferable.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri May 12, 2017 2:35 pm

abujabal wrote:Y'all should I be signing up for CRS now? Or later?

And if yes, what's the TLS Recommended™ Disclosure Answers?

"Release my information to LSAC-member law schools, other programs, and/or other eligible organizations."

Y/N?

"Release my information to non-LSAC member law schools."

Y/N?

I'm leaning NN because plznospam - thoughts?


Bumping this so that I can get it off my open tabs - any advice appreciated!

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 12, 2017 2:37 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:I've seen people argue on this forum that a 180 is almost like a soft in itself. I'm not sure if there is any merit to that though.

It is imo. 100,000 people or so take this test and ~30 get 180s. It is an impressive feat and maintains to be my goal.

btw the NYC Associate thread

It's not. I mean, we actually have data for this so we don't need to rely on baseless speculation for once. That is false.

If true, fuck traffic signs.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 12, 2017 2:37 pm

abujabal wrote:
abujabal wrote:Y'all should I be signing up for CRS now? Or later?

And if yes, what's the TLS Recommended™ Disclosure Answers?

"Release my information to LSAC-member law schools, other programs, and/or other eligible organizations."

Y/N?

"Release my information to non-LSAC member law schools."

Y/N?

I'm leaning NN because plznospam - thoughts?


Bumping this so that I can get it off my open tabs - any advice appreciated!

Say yes unless you really don't want emails. Idk what happens if you say no. Probably just a lot less fee waivers but potentially more serious consequences.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri May 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
abujabal wrote:Y'all should I be signing up for CRS now? Or later?

And if yes, what's the TLS Recommended™ Disclosure Answers?

"Release my information to LSAC-member law schools, other programs, and/or other eligible organizations."

Y/N?

"Release my information to non-LSAC member law schools."

Y/N?

I'm leaning NN because plznospam - thoughts?


Bumping this so that I can get it off my open tabs - any advice appreciated!

Say yes unless you really don't want emails. Idk what happens if you say no. Probably just a lot less fee waivers but potentially more serious consequences.


Are these useful emails or are they all just "hey you should apply to my school it's a school and it's in this state and here are some pictures of it"?

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 12, 2017 2:42 pm

abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
abujabal wrote:Y'all should I be signing up for CRS now? Or later?

And if yes, what's the TLS Recommended™ Disclosure Answers?

"Release my information to LSAC-member law schools, other programs, and/or other eligible organizations."

Y/N?

"Release my information to non-LSAC member law schools."

Y/N?

I'm leaning NN because plznospam - thoughts?


Bumping this so that I can get it off my open tabs - any advice appreciated!

Say yes unless you really don't want emails. Idk what happens if you say no. Probably just a lot less fee waivers but potentially more serious consequences.


Are these useful emails or are they all just "hey you should apply to my school it's a school and it's in this state and here are some pictures of it"?

Useless but you can unsubscribe individually. But honestly fee waivers will save you hundreds of $.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri May 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
abujabal wrote:Y'all should I be signing up for CRS now? Or later?

And if yes, what's the TLS Recommended™ Disclosure Answers?

"Release my information to LSAC-member law schools, other programs, and/or other eligible organizations."

Y/N?

"Release my information to non-LSAC member law schools."

Y/N?

I'm leaning NN because plznospam - thoughts?


Bumping this so that I can get it off my open tabs - any advice appreciated!

Say yes unless you really don't want emails. Idk what happens if you say no. Probably just a lot less fee waivers but potentially more serious consequences.


Are these useful emails or are they all just "hey you should apply to my school it's a school and it's in this state and here are some pictures of it"?

Useless but you can unsubscribe individually. But honestly fee waivers will save you hundreds of $.


oshit was not aware that this was where fee waivers came from. I guess I'll do that then. I'd imagine it's fairly low-volume until after taking the test, yes?

ngogirl12

Silver
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:05 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby ngogirl12 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Reviewing RC today before the relatives get in..which means I'll get around 2-4 hours in max. :shock: :shock:

Seeing that registration email is such a rush! Haha it makes me want to study ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT.

Am I crazy?

LittUpGDown

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby LittUpGDown » Fri May 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Alexandros wrote:
LittUpGDown wrote:Weird question, I'm digging into prep and I went to view my "Answer Sheet" or at least a breakdown of my scores on the LSAC website, but I can't view anything. The "Answer Sheet" icon is greyed out, and the Item Response Report doesn't show any of my responses.
What gives?
Edit: Checked the original email, realised I took the nondisclosed test essentially as a "cold" test.
Worst decision I've made in a while.

Wait, did you take the real February test as a diagnostic or something?

I did, terrible decision.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

LittUpGDown wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
LittUpGDown wrote:Weird question, I'm digging into prep and I went to view my "Answer Sheet" or at least a breakdown of my scores on the LSAC website, but I can't view anything. The "Answer Sheet" icon is greyed out, and the Item Response Report doesn't show any of my responses.
What gives?
Edit: Checked the original email, realised I took the nondisclosed test essentially as a "cold" test.
Worst decision I've made in a while.

Wait, did you take the real February test as a diagnostic or something?

I did, terrible decision.


.... Why did you take the real test as a diagnostic? :shock:

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Alexandros wrote:
LittUpGDown wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
LittUpGDown wrote:Weird question, I'm digging into prep and I went to view my "Answer Sheet" or at least a breakdown of my scores on the LSAC website, but I can't view anything. The "Answer Sheet" icon is greyed out, and the Item Response Report doesn't show any of my responses.
What gives?
Edit: Checked the original email, realised I took the nondisclosed test essentially as a "cold" test.
Worst decision I've made in a while.

Wait, did you take the real February test as a diagnostic or something?

I did, terrible decision.


.... Why did you take the real test as a diagnostic? :shock:

[+] Spoiler
Image

LittUpGDown

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby LittUpGDown » Fri May 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Alexandros wrote:
LittUpGDown wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
LittUpGDown wrote:Weird question, I'm digging into prep and I went to view my "Answer Sheet" or at least a breakdown of my scores on the LSAC website, but I can't view anything. The "Answer Sheet" icon is greyed out, and the Item Response Report doesn't show any of my responses.
What gives?
Edit: Checked the original email, realised I took the nondisclosed test essentially as a "cold" test.
Worst decision I've made in a while.

Wait, did you take the real February test as a diagnostic or something?

I did, terrible decision.


.... Why did you take the real test as a diagnostic? :shock:

Poor assumption that real test conditions + the ability to see how I scored in each section would give me a good starting point.
Instead I have a 158 and no clue where I missed questions (though I assume the majority came from LG, followed by LR).
I'm going to take a cold practice test, and I've already gone through a few chapters of the Bible.
I'll try not to make *too* many more expensive mistakes.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 12, 2017 3:29 pm

LittUpGDown wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
LittUpGDown wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
LittUpGDown wrote:Weird question, I'm digging into prep and I went to view my "Answer Sheet" or at least a breakdown of my scores on the LSAC website, but I can't view anything. The "Answer Sheet" icon is greyed out, and the Item Response Report doesn't show any of my responses.
What gives?
Edit: Checked the original email, realised I took the nondisclosed test essentially as a "cold" test.
Worst decision I've made in a while.

Wait, did you take the real February test as a diagnostic or something?

I did, terrible decision.


.... Why did you take the real test as a diagnostic? :shock:

Poor assumption that real test conditions + the ability to see how I scored in each section would give me a good starting point.
Instead I have a 158 and no clue where I missed questions (though I assume the majority came from LG, followed by LR).
I'm going to take a cold practice test, and I've already gone through a few chapters of the Bible.
I'll try not to make *too* many more expensive mistakes.

Yeah, the thing is it'll be reported to schools as an official LSAT score and it will count as one of your three takes.
When people recommend taking a diagnostic, they're talking about taking a practice test under test-like conditions, not the real thing.

Fortunately, you've still got two takes left and schools don't average, so you'll be fine.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:48 pm

A few catch up notes.
1. Sign up for CRS for the fee waivers. Get your LORs and transcript in ASAP. The GPA will attract fee waivers as well as the LSAT.
2. I bombed my first LSAT because it was pre-TLS for me and I didn't know about anything back then. It kinda killed me because I feel like a 3rd real take would have helped, but don't sweat it. Just make your next take count, I had an 11 point jump and no one batted an eye at my app as far as I know.
3. I want to do transactional and have heard mixed reviews. It's really want I wanted to do when I first decided to go into law. Anything you guys have on why some find it worse than Lit other than it's boring in comparison? I don't want to do courtroom stuff at all, would prefer to never see the inside of one.
4. Link to the NYC BL thread?

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:02 pm

There's nothing attractive about transactional to me, honestly. If/when I go into law, it'll be 100% as a litigator. :mrgreen:

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:12 pm

I delayed CRS atm, did it as a failsafe since it was only a year.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 12, 2017 4:20 pm

To counteract the resurrection of the infamous BernieTrump thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=277636

lurksoh4rd

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby lurksoh4rd » Fri May 12, 2017 4:36 pm

LSAC says it will hold my registration in my cart for 24 hours, does that still count if Test center fills up? Tripping balls and want to take time to apply for test waiver but can't right now

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 12, 2017 4:38 pm

lurksoh4rd wrote:LSAC says it will hold my registration in my cart for 24 hours, does that still count if Test center fills up? Tripping balls and want to take time to apply for test waiver but can't right now

I don't know but you might want to research whether you qualify - LSAC very rarely gives out fee waivers (anecdotally never heard of anyone actually getting one) and if you don't qualify I'd just register.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri May 12, 2017 4:59 pm

chargers21 wrote:A few catch up notes.
1. Sign up for CRS for the fee waivers. Get your LORs and transcript in ASAP. The GPA will attract fee waivers as well as the LSAT.
2. I bombed my first LSAT because it was pre-TLS for me and I didn't know about anything back then. It kinda killed me because I feel like a 3rd real take would have helped, but don't sweat it. Just make your next take count, I had an 11 point jump and no one batted an eye at my app as far as I know.
3. I want to do transactional and have heard mixed reviews. It's really want I wanted to do when I first decided to go into law. Anything you guys have on why some find it worse than Lit other than it's boring in comparison? I don't want to do courtroom stuff at all, would prefer to never see the inside of one.
4. Link to the NYC BL thread?


> Assumes my transcript will generate me any fee waivers whatsoever haha

CottonHarvest

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:49 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby CottonHarvest » Fri May 12, 2017 5:11 pm

chargers21 wrote:A few catch up notes.
1. Sign up for CRS for the fee waivers. Get your LORs and transcript in ASAP. The GPA will attract fee waivers as well as the LSAT.
2. I bombed my first LSAT because it was pre-TLS for me and I didn't know about anything back then. It kinda killed me because I feel like a 3rd real take would have helped, but don't sweat it. Just make your next take count, I had an 11 point jump and no one batted an eye at my app as far as I know.
3. I want to do transactional and have heard mixed reviews. It's really want I wanted to do when I first decided to go into law. Anything you guys have on why some find it worse than Lit other than it's boring in comparison? I don't want to do courtroom stuff at all, would prefer to never see the inside of one.
4. Link to the NYC BL thread?

Can GPA really get fee waivers or do you have to have a good LSAT on file as well?

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:14 pm

CottonHarvest wrote:
chargers21 wrote:A few catch up notes.
1. Sign up for CRS for the fee waivers. Get your LORs and transcript in ASAP. The GPA will attract fee waivers as well as the LSAT.
2. I bombed my first LSAT because it was pre-TLS for me and I didn't know about anything back then. It kinda killed me because I feel like a 3rd real take would have helped, but don't sweat it. Just make your next take count, I had an 11 point jump and no one batted an eye at my app as far as I know.
3. I want to do transactional and have heard mixed reviews. It's really want I wanted to do when I first decided to go into law. Anything you guys have on why some find it worse than Lit other than it's boring in comparison? I don't want to do courtroom stuff at all, would prefer to never see the inside of one.
4. Link to the NYC BL thread?

Can GPA really get fee waivers or do you have to have a good LSAT on file as well?

I can't remember exactly, but at least you'll get your fee waivers within a day or 2 of the test scores coming out if I remember

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:16 pm

oopsu812 wrote:There's nothing attractive about transactional to me, honestly. If/when I go into law, it'll be 100% as a litigator. :mrgreen:

Do you like the idea of being in court, etc. or just not the idea of doing contracts and stuff?

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:40 pm

chargers21 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:There's nothing attractive about transactional to me, honestly. If/when I go into law, it'll be 100% as a litigator. :mrgreen:

Do you like the idea of being in court, etc. or just not the idea of doing contracts and stuff?

Both, haha. I don't understand what's appealing about transactional. What attracts you to it?

Anon-e-miss

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Anon-e-miss » Fri May 12, 2017 6:28 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:I've seen people argue on this forum that a 180 is almost like a soft in itself. I'm not sure if there is any merit to that though.

It is imo. 100,000 people or so take this test and ~30 get 180s. It is an impressive feat and maintains to be my goal.

btw the NYC Associate thread

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ttfn

This person's cycle is evidence of the power of the 180

Although, the 3.7 STEM degree from HYP and (presumably) solid WE probably helped too
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests