The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 pm

littlelibertine wrote:I'm only a week and a half into my studying but I already feel behind. :/ I think it's because ask the power users on TLS seem to be doing 170+ PTs and I've covered basic linear LGs, MBT LRs and conditional logic.

You know, having typed that out, I've accomplished more than I thought. I'm just feeling insecure today because my undergrad GPA was a little lower than I hoped (3.55, got really sick my last year of school and struggled).

Most people study only 2.5-3 months and half ass it where they might do 15 hours a week. If you are doing ~20 hours for then next 4 months you'll be in the 17Xs for sure.

Also my TTT gpa is lower than yours as are a few others in this thread; use your LSAT score to compensate for it.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 pm

# Team Casio watch for $12.99.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed May 10, 2017 11:46 pm

littlelibertine wrote:I'm only a week and a half into my studying but I already feel behind. :/ I think it's because ask the power users on TLS seem to be doing 170+ PTs and I've covered basic linear LGs, MBT LRs and conditional logic.

You know, having typed that out, I've accomplished more than I thought. I'm just feeling insecure today because my undergrad GPA was a little lower than I hoped (3.55, got really sick my last year of school and struggled).

It's because most of the people ITT are retaking - Why there are so many high scores.
You're not behind. You have more than enough time until September. I started this time last year and it was fine.

littlelibertine

Bronze

Postby littlelibertine » Wed May 10, 2017 11:54 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

Most people study only 2.5-3 months and half ass it where they might do 15 hours a week. If you are doing ~20 hours for then next 4 months you'll be in the 17Xs for sure.

Also my TTT gpa is lower than yours as are a few others in this thread; use your LSAT score to compensate for it.

Thanks. I think I've just been focusing too narrowly and need to take a Klonopin and lie down. :p

I've been averaging between 2-4 hours each day during the week (I work full-time and am married, so it's hard to do any more than that) and I'm estimating I'll need to study at least 4-5 hours both weekend days. It's really less about studying for a set amount of time, though, and more abou having the time to cover the material I've assigned myself for the week. For example: this week, I want to finish the first half of the Cambridge Humanities DC2 drill packet (halfway done), solidify my basic linear logic games and timing, cover conditional reasoning (done), review conditional reasoning, complete the Cambridge MBT and Weaken drill packets (about 2/3 through MBT), and complete & review PT 40.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:59 pm

littlelibertine wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Thanks. I think I've just been focusing too narrowly and need to take a Klonopin and lie down. :p

I've been averaging between 2-4 hours each day during the week (I work full-time and am married, so it's hard to do any more than that) and I'm estimating I'll need to study at least 4-5 hours both weekend days. It's really less about studying for a set amount of time, though, and more abou having the time to cover the material I've assigned myself for the week. For example: this week, I want to finish the first half of the Cambridge Humanities DC2 drill packet (halfway done), solidify my basic linear logic games and timing, cover conditional reasoning (done), review conditional reasoning, complete the Cambridge MBT and Weaken drill packets (about 2/3 through MBT), and complete & review PT 40.

I too work full time so weekdays are hard for me but I shoot for at least 12 hours on the weekends. Just make time for it (I started doing LR drilling during lull time). Make copies of the games 3x to get really good at them and couple it with 7Sage if you are at a loss. Trust the process and keep plugging at it, in 2 months time make sure you are on a strict PT schedule tho.

I love Berkeley
Last edited by dj9i27 on Thu May 11, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

littlelibertine

Bronze

Postby littlelibertine » Thu May 11, 2017 12:08 am

dj9i27 wrote:
littlelibertine wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I too work full time so weekdays are hard for me but I shoot for at least 12 hours on the weekends. Just make time for it (I started doing LR drilling during lull time). Make copies of the games 3x to get really good at them and couple it with 7Sage if you are at a loss. Trust the process and keep plugging at it, in 2 months time make sure you are on a strict PT schedule tho.

Also, I don't mean to sound snide but you may want to limit your TLS box a bit in an effort not to out yourself; adcomms tend to lurk sometimes (I'll delete this part later). For the record, me and Alex totally went to Berkeley.

Thank you. I've taken out most of the information that could be too identifying.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu May 11, 2017 1:52 am

DJ/Alex, did I see you in one of those numerous riot videos?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu May 11, 2017 1:58 am

34iplaw wrote:DJ/Alex, did I see you in one of those numerous riot videos?

PW of me & DJ having a fun night out at UC Berkeley in Berkeley, California:
[+] Spoiler

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu May 11, 2017 2:12 am

Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

Woah - which of you two has the cannon that threw that bottle!

#puttingoffpackingggg

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu May 11, 2017 2:31 am

34iplaw wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

Woah - which of you two has the cannon that threw that bottle!

#puttingoffpackingggg

DJ has wild pyrotechnic skills.

Where you headed?

also swallowing wine the wrong way is the worst. a sign I should not be up drinking on a work day.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu May 11, 2017 7:08 am

Last edited by twiix on Thu May 11, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlelibertine

Bronze

Postby littlelibertine » Thu May 11, 2017 7:12 am

TWiiX wrote:Definitely outing myself here. But I'm too excited to not.

Here's the newest addition

OMG what a sweet, sweet pup. What's their name?

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu May 11, 2017 7:26 am

Last edited by twiix on Thu May 11, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it's allgood

Bronze

Postby it's allgood » Thu May 11, 2017 7:56 am

I spent a lot of time being discouraged by low scores and wished I did not worry about it, because all of the low scores have lead me to improving my skills and getting a higher score. I have found that studying consistently and taking practice tests and then taking breaks (like a solid week off) yields the most gains for me with the LSAT. So if you aren't getting 170s, I really would not worry about it. Just keep practicing and you will get there!

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Thu May 11, 2017 8:15 am

littlelibertine wrote:Maybe I'm weird, but I've never had any interest in HYS. My first choice school is NYU.

Ditto

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu May 11, 2017 8:23 am

it's allgood wrote:

I spent a lot of time being discouraged by low scores and wished I did not worry about it, because all of the low scores have lead me to improving my skills and getting a higher score. I have found that studying consistently and taking practice tests and then taking breaks (like a solid week off) yields the most gains for me with the LSAT. So if you aren't getting 170s, I really would not worry about it. Just keep practicing and you will get there!

Don't compare yourself to anyone in this thread unless you know their details. We have some guys who've already taken the test and got 175+ (you know who you are *glare*), people who have sat multiple times and are in the 165-175 range, and people completely new as well. So just stay diligent with your schedule and only compare to people in the same boat as you are! I haven't sat for the test yet and often found myself comparing my studies and progress to the other in here. It just doesn't do you any good besides drag you down! We have plenty of time to study before the test!

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:29 am

the things I would do for a comfortable office chair. Was going to buy one of those Purple chair pads but apparently their products have some weird plastic that can get in your skin and do unknown things.

chewinggum

Bronze

Postby chewinggum » Thu May 11, 2017 8:30 am

So the watch is sold out already? Lol of course.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:44 am

chewinggum wrote:So the watch is sold out already? Lol of course.

I'm sure they'll be back, idk why he held off on selling them for so long.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu May 11, 2017 9:49 am

worked on misc games yesterday, doing some today and may finish up the misc set tomorrow. some are pretty weird, but not that difficult. I think the difficulty in most I've done so far has been just understanding like 1 rule or something. other than that, they're not that bad and now I feel like a tard for screwing up in September on viruses

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu May 11, 2017 9:51 am

Mikey wrote:worked on misc games yesterday, doing some today and may finish up the misc set tomorrow. some are pretty weird, but not that difficult. I think the difficulty in most I've done so far has been just understanding like 1 rule or something. other than that, they're not that bad and now I feel like a tard for screwing up in September on viruses

I've always wanted to try the virus game after all the raving reviews from september takers about how hard it was.. i dont want to burn it though. what a dilemma

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu May 11, 2017 9:52 am

TWiiX wrote:
Mikey wrote:worked on misc games yesterday, doing some today and may finish up the misc set tomorrow. some are pretty weird, but not that difficult. I think the difficulty in most I've done so far has been just understanding like 1 rule or something. other than that, they're not that bad and now I feel like a tard for screwing up in September on viruses

I've always wanted to try the virus game after all the raving reviews from september takers about how hard it was.. i dont want to burn it though. what a dilemma

haha, just save it for when you PT it. do the ones from PT1-30, those are all of the ones I'm doing

also, tbh the viruses game was hard, and although I didnt get to finish it, I know for sure that with the rules alone you can eliminate a lot of ACs in most questions to just boil it down to a few choices

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu May 11, 2017 10:20 am

Mikey wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

haha, just save it for when you PT it. do the ones from PT1-30, those are all of the ones I'm doing

also, tbh the viruses game was hard, and although I didnt get to finish it, I know for sure that with the rules alone you can eliminate a lot of ACs in most questions to just boil it down to a few choices

i love the misc games though - their open-endedness is so much more fun to me than the diagramming games where you just brute force the conditions and then breeze through the answers

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu May 11, 2017 10:44 am

@Alex: Austin

@Twiix: Nala is fitting. Nala is regal as f**k.

cant wait for Delta flight. Also. Thanks DD for no working outlets.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:47 am

34iplaw wrote:@Alex: Austin

@Twiix: Nala is fitting. Nala is regal as f**k.

cant wait for Delta flight. Also. Thanks DD for no working outlets.

whatchu doing in the land of spurs and strange politicians?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?