The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Wed May 10, 2017 9:17 pm

oopsu812 wrote:The thread that shall not be named is the WORST. Jeeeeesus.

?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed May 10, 2017 9:23 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:Thanks to all the responses.. Good to hear. Ya i have watched the 7sage LG videos and that helps a ton so I figured the course might help with LR too.
Mikey - did you just do the course alone or also study with some books?

I just did the course alone. The only LSAT books I have are one of the Cambridge LR packets (PT21-40) and superprep 2, no others. I thought 7sage was incredibly helpful for LR, and for RC it took more time to improve on but I kind of adjusted to my own RC style from things that I did learn from various 7sage mentors. They have some good resources on 7sage though and do live online sessions for the different sections which is also a plus if you're into that.

Okay, great. Thanks for your input. Thats what i was thinking. just based off how good the LG videos are I thought LR could be extremely helpful.Which package did you get or do you think is worthit?

I had gotten ultimate but then upgraded to ultimate+ for the extra explanations. All of them have the normal curriculum though, so if that is all you want, then the most basic starter package should be fine. But if you want more explanations and stuff, then Ultimate+ is good. If you don't have certain PTs as well, you can print them out on 7sage. The recent PTs I think may just be for ultimate+ people though.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:Thanks to all the responses.. Good to hear. Ya i have watched the 7sage LG videos and that helps a ton so I figured the course might help with LR too.

I just did the course alone. The only LSAT books I have are one of the Cambridge LR packets (PT21-40) and superprep 2, no others. I thought 7sage was incredibly helpful for LR, and for RC it took more time to improve on but I kind of adjusted to my own RC style from things that I did learn from various 7sage mentors. They have some good resources on 7sage though and do live online sessions for the different sections which is also a plus if you're into that.

Okay, great. Thanks for your input. Thats what i was thinking. just based off how good the LG videos are I thought LR could be extremely helpful.Which package did you get or do you think is worthit?

I have Ultimate+ which I highly recommend. I usually drill the Cambridge pdfs after the respective lesson. It includes PT explanations from 36+, LR explanations from 17+, and RC explanations from 1+. I only revert to the explanations after writing my own, but the curriculum is SO helpful. I also recommend repeating the quizzes and drills until you get a perfect score on all of them.

Ooo okay, thanks for your input. How many hours does it take to finish the core-course?

No problem! Well my first time around it took me a few months (6), but it was my first interaction with LSAT material and I was going about it REALLY slowly. This time I plan on doing the same in around 1 month. It takes most people 1-2 months. I'm also doing RC on my own and not following the 7sage lessons, I plan on using Trainer for RC and Manhattan RC. My goal is to get all this done this month.

Okay, 1 month sounds great. I want to get all the material out of the way. Is the Ultimate+ def worthit over the other packages? the one thing I especially like about it is that it has all the PT explanation videos when the others only go up to PTs in the 60s and so forth.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I had gotten ultimate but then upgraded to ultimate+ for the extra explanations. All of them have the normal curriculum though, so if that is all you want, then the most basic starter package should be fine. But if you want more explanations and stuff, then Ultimate+ is good. If you don't have certain PTs as well, you can print them out on 7sage. The recent PTs I think may just be for ultimate+ people though.

Alright, yeah the ultimate + sounds worht it just for the extra explanations...

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:

?

The Ruby one I've been bitching about for days. Don't want to beat a dead horse but it gets worse and worse every single day.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

?

The Ruby one I've been bitching about for days. Don't want to beat a dead horse but it gets worse and worse every single day.

I assumed you were referring to every single thread in the lounge.
Honestly, people should just admit that they want H because it's their dream school and it makes them feel cool and prestigious.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

?

Honestly, people should just admit that they want H because it's their dream school and it makes them feel cool and prestigious.
Well that too.
Yes, I agree. After reading all of these threads and evaluating my own relationship with preftige, I have a lot of respect for people like Sweet who got an incredible outcome, took it and ran.

ngogirl12

Silver

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:00 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I have Ultimate+ which I highly recommend. I usually drill the Cambridge pdfs after the respective lesson. It includes PT explanations from 36+, LR explanations from 17+, and RC explanations from 1+. I only revert to the explanations after writing my own, but the curriculum is SO helpful. I also recommend repeating the quizzes and drills until you get a perfect score on all of them.

Ooo okay, thanks for your input. How many hours does it take to finish the core-course?

No problem! Well my first time around it took me a few months (6), but it was my first interaction with LSAT material and I was going about it REALLY slowly. This time I plan on doing the same in around 1 month. It takes most people 1-2 months. I'm also doing RC on my own and not following the 7sage lessons, I plan on using Trainer for RC and Manhattan RC. My goal is to get all this done this month.

Okay, 1 month sounds great. I want to get all the material out of the way. Is the Ultimate+ def worthit over the other packages? the one thing I especially like about it is that it has all the PT explanation videos when the others only go up to PTs in the 60s and so forth.

I really think Ultimate+ is worth it. I started off with Ultimate and upgraded to Ultimate+ for the extra LR explanations. The nice thing with Ultimate+ is it also gives you extra questions in the respective lessons.

Some people were happy with the lower packages, but personally I found a lot of progress with this package. I mean my progress also included me trying to come up with my own explanations first, but the breakdown of the questions and curriculum is terrific.

Also a lot of people comment with their own explanations or questions underneath the videos. I've found typing my own contributions/explanations and questions have really solidified my understanding and knowledge of the material.
Last edited by ngogirl12 on Wed May 10, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed May 10, 2017 10:11 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

?

Well that too.
Yes, I agree. After reading all of these threads and evaluating my own relationship with preftige, I have a lot of respect for people like Sweet who got an incredible outcome, took it and ran.

I'd have more appreciation for an argument that went like: 'I would sacrifice my first born child to go to H, I've dreamed of going to H since I was four, fantasized about telling my Facebook friends I go to H, would feel so much better about myself if I went to H, etc; these things are genuinely worth more to me that [exorbitant cost difference], so I will take H over what I realize is an objectively better outcome.' than these attempts at rational justifications.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

?

Well that too.

I'd have more appreciation for an argument that went like: 'I would sacrifice my first born child to go to H, I've dreamed of going to H since I was four, fantasized about telling my Facebook friends I go to H, would feel so much better about myself if I went to H, etc; these things are genuinely worth more to me that [exorbitant cost difference], so I will take H over what I realize is an objectively better outcome.' than these attempts at rational justifications.

Agreed. My favourite was the $50k debt figure coming out of Chicago that was thrown around. Seemed like an arbitrary number picked to help them justify H, lol. Or maybe I'm just a cheap person.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:24 pm

I would take H

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm coming to terms with the fact that HYS are the pipest of pipe dreams and I should probably set my goals lower, feelsbad.jpg.

On the LSAT side of things timed drilling is going, I'm picking out the stragglers in my 7-18 book before the new books get here (when I re purchase them because I like the books) and am going -0/1 in some LR sections and -3/4 in others. Printer is broken so I have to wait for the Cambridge packs for QT drilling. I think for the first month is going to be a lot of hammering down PT 1-30 and then month 2 will be 30-50 and 60-81 full be full timed.

If one walked into my apartment, they'd think all I did was study and lift.. they'd be correct.

littlelibertine

Bronze

Postby littlelibertine » Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 pm

Maybe I'm weird, but I've never had any interest in HYS. My first choice school is NYU.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:01 pm

littlelibertine wrote:Maybe I'm weird, but I've never had any interest in HYS. My first choice school is NYU.

Thems fightin' words

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:03 pm

https://mastermindwatch.com/

It is back folks. Grab em' while you can

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed May 10, 2017 11:06 pm

dj9i27 wrote:I'm coming to terms with the fact that HYS are the pipest of pipe dreams and I should probably set my goals lower, feelsbad.jpg.

On the LSAT side of things timed drilling is going, I'm picking out the stragglers in my 7-18 book before the new books get here (when I re purchase them because I like the books) and am going -0/1 in some LR sections and -3/4 in others. Printer is broken so I have to wait for the Cambridge packs for QT drilling. I think for the first month is going to be a lot of hammering down PT 1-30 and then month 2 will be 30-50 and 60-81 full be full timed.

If one walked into my apartment, they'd think all I did was study and lift.. they'd be correct.

I feel.

littlelibertine

Bronze

Postby littlelibertine » Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 pm

dj9i27 wrote:https://mastermindwatch.com/

Do I want black, or do I want white? I CAN'T DECIDE. Which is easier to read?

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
littlelibertine wrote:Maybe I'm weird, but I've never had any interest in HYS. My first choice school is NYU.

Thems fightin' words

For real. I've never had interest in H, but YS? You better believe I praise them, particularly Stanny. It's so pretty and warm and has sports and California and sun.
Last edited by oopsu812 on Wed May 10, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:11 pm

littlelibertine wrote:

I have the black one that I bought a year ago but (someone talk me down from this) I am thinking about a white one for a backup...

They do the same job equally well it's personal preference lol

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:11 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Thems fightin' words

For real. I've never had interest in H, but YS? You better believe I praise them, particularly Stanny.

I'm currently making a Stanny shrine

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:13 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Thems fightin' words

For real. I've never had interest in H, but YS? You better believe I praise them, particularly Stanny.

I don't want kids, but I'm thinking of adopting a baby and calling it Stan.

littlelibertine

Bronze

Postby littlelibertine » Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
littlelibertine wrote:

I have the black one that I bought a year ago but (someone talk me down from this) I am thinking about a white one for a backup...

They do the same job equally well it's personal preference lol

The black one sold out while i was mulling, so i bought the white one. I'm only a week and a half in but I'm already timing individual questions on my drills after I've grasped the concept and am drilling consistently well in a question type.

littlelibertine

Bronze

Postby littlelibertine » Wed May 10, 2017 11:21 pm

I'm only a week and a half into my studying but I already feel behind. :/ I think it's because ask the power users on TLS seem to be doing 170+ PTs and I've covered basic linear LGs, MBT LRs and conditional logic.

You know, having typed that out, I've accomplished more than I thought. I'm just feeling insecure today because my undergrad GPA was a little lower than I hoped (3.55, got really sick my last year of school and struggled).

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed May 10, 2017 11:31 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Thems fightin' words

Do the adoption prior to S application. Leave Stan on doorstep of the Stanny admissions office with a note saying "plz," signed with your full name and LSAC account number. Trust me on this.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Thems fightin' words

Do the adoption prior to S application. Leave Stan on doorstep of the Stanny admissions office with a note saying "plz," signed with your full name and LSAC account number. Trust me on this.

Great idea. That's also a way to establish ties in California. I bet it'd be a soft if Stan was a wizard, too.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?