The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

abujabal

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Lol yeah, no way I'd be able to get 3 years WE in international affairs before LS. Tbh all actual law + foreign policy type jobs are ridiculously unicorn anyways, and would involve a TS clearance which I wouldn't be able to get (at least not for some time).

Fortunately, both HLS and CLS at least seem to have a lot of law classes in int'l law, international security type stuff, and you can take electives outside of the law school, so should be sufficient for satisfying academic interests. :lol:

Sketchy Alex is sketchy. 8)

Yeah, that's the way to go I think. Idk, I wouldn't want to break up the flow of LS anyways. I'm just going to get the MIA before LS, lol.

If in ref to clearance - Nah, just too many foreign connections. :(

That makes sense. I think you have a good plan.

I don't even know what type of foreign connections are ok and which are no bueno, because I have plenty, so maybe I should be worrying too, lol.

At least for the US - Having lived in another country, having significant $$$ invested / (inheritable) property in another country, close friends or family who are foreign nationals or living abroad, having travelled on a foreign passport, voted in foreign elections, accepted benefits from foreign countries, otherwise exercised citizenship rights in another country, etc. present major issues. If dual citizenship, you have to be prepared to renounce the secondary citizenship.

I'm going to try to mitigate those factors that apply to me as much as possible but I figure getting clearance wouldn't be realistic for at least a decade or so, if I wanted or was even remotely otherwise eligible for a job that required it.

Fun fact you can have relatives from countries that are considered state sponsors of terrorism, have immediate family who are not citizens of the US, have a family member who may have committed some not so great acts that I will not be disclosing on a damn law school forum and still get a TS clearance.

Source: Have a TS clearance.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Honesty is key. Be upfront, outline everything, and when your interviewer is asking you about all that stuff, you will tell them everything they need to know with nothing omitted. That outweighs so much more.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 pm

abujabal wrote:
Honesty is key. Be upfront, outline everything, and when your interviewer is asking you about all that stuff, you will tell them everything they need to know with nothing omitted. That outweighs so much more.

Good to know! Thanks.

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:

Good to know! Thanks.

For sure! It's a weird weird process haha

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 pm

TedBuckland wrote:Hey y'all. Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm retaking, and trying to get a study schedule developed. Looking to gain about 4 or 5 points and get in the 165 range.

So far, my plan is to do some sort of pithypike/7sage/lsat trainer hybrid, hitting LG really hard early and then move to LR, mixing in trying to find a workable RC method. Any advice or tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

welcome to our humble abode. the rest of the group can't help themselves for talking on topic, so pardon them. I'm also using a combo of everything you've mentioned. 7Sage, Lsat trainer, manhattan rc/lr.

I think perfecting games first is a simple and rewarding strategy. Maybe mix in LR content while you work on this. You'll need to keep all 3 sections relevant to prevent losing skills or efficiency. So don't go 100% into any section once you get LG locked down. Hit me up if you want to run anything detailed by each other!

TedBuckland

Bronze

Postby TedBuckland » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 pm

TWiiX wrote:

I'm retaking, and trying to get a study schedule developed. Looking to gain about 4 or 5 points and get in the 165 range.

So far, my plan is to do some sort of pithypike/7sage/lsat trainer hybrid, hitting LG really hard early and then move to LR, mixing in trying to find a workable RC method. Any advice or tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

welcome to our humble abode. the rest of the group can't help themselves for talking on topic, so pardon them. I'm also using a combo of everything you've mentioned. 7Sage, Lsat trainer, manhattan rc/lr.

I think perfecting games first is a simple and rewarding strategy. Maybe mix in LR content while you work on this. You'll need to keep all 3 sections relevant to prevent losing skills or efficiency. So don't go 100% into any section once you get LG locked down. Hit me up if you want to run anything detailed by each other!

Appreciate it. I plan to be a regular poster this cycle so I'll try to work myself into the conversation wherever I can get a word in.

Also, do you just make copies of the PTs and use those for your practice?

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:12 pm

TedBuckland wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

Appreciate it. I plan to be a regular poster this cycle so I'll try to work myself into the conversation wherever I can get a word in.

Always feel free to jump in! Shit post to your hearts content. :mrgreen:

That said, I completely agree with the above. It's the general consensus that games is the easiest section to learn. If you can dominate that section, it gives you a little more wiggle room in the other sections.

There are plenty of guides on this forum, written by people with 170+ scores. They outline the materials they used, the stages of their preparation, etc. Use the search function to find "SweetTort's Guide to the LSAT." He deleted the original post, but it was quoted on the 3rd page and you can see it there. It's a great way to get an idea of how to go about learning the LSAT!

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:43 am

TedBuckland wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

Practice, meaning drilling? For LG's?

So generally, the recommended way of LG's is to basically do every LG from PT 1-35 until you do them all perfectly (-0), and under recommended time by 7sage. 7Sage's LG videos are free on youtube which offer solutions for all of the games.

In order to save paper (I don't have free printing anymore since I'm not at school), I just printed each PT one time. I then use scrap paper to do all of my work on which prevents me from having to print the same LG 3, 4, 5... times. This probably isn't ideal, but it works for me. It also adds artificial time into my total duration because I have to copy over things from multiple places and keep going back and forth. This way when I get a game under time, it really would be even less than what I finished it in on a real PT. Do whatever works for you, it isn't a huge deal either way.

But you should do a game, compare how you did, listen to the explanation for anything you got wrong, thoroughly understand it, and solve the game again immediately after watching the explanation. Do this repeatedly for every game until you are comfortably going -0. Once you master a game, go back in a few days and touch on it again to make sure the theory truly stuck with you.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 am

Work makes me love LR.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:41 pm

dj9i27 wrote:Work makes me love LR.

Screw you

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:59 pm

I'm so sorry.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Mikey wrote:

Screw you

No u with ure gpa

Also how much do multiple lsats matter?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Screw you

No u with ure gpa

Unless it's for Yale, it doesn't matter

If it did, I'd have 0 chance at a top school

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Screw you

No u with ure gpa

I'm anticipating a pretty big jump (not to sound big headed) so it makes me nervous. Does Yehlol even care that much and what about God Tier Stanny?

R u taking the digital mikey

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:18 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Screw you

No u with ure gpa

I'm anticipating a pretty big jump (not to sound big headed) so it makes me nervous. Does Yehlol even care that much and what about God Tier Stanny?

no one cares, you're good.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Screw you

No u with ure gpa

no one cares, you're good.

Sweet... Also being in an Ingsoc style area while you look out the window and see a rainstorm coming is sorta neat. too bad I want to be outside rn.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:41 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Screw you

No u with ure gpa

Not taking digital

And yeah I'm expecting a huge jump as well that I thought would cause eye brows to raise but honestly, we won't be some of the first that it a happens to so we should be alright. and if it comes up in an interview or something just be honest and say u got ur shit together I guess. That's what I would say lol

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Just found out a university in another city has student accommodation for ~$7500 per academic year, including food. That's insanely good for that city. Found my new #1 Master's programme, lulz. Sweeeeeet.

ETA: These fancy cakes are fun to watch being made, but they'd taste quite shit.
Last edited by oopsu812 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lurksoh4rd

New

Postby lurksoh4rd » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Is there anywhere on TLS where one could ask for advice regarding UG without receiving backlash for it?

Lalalsat96

New

Postby Lalalsat96 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Is the Manhattan Lsat RC really superior to the Powerscore Rc Book? I already own the PS Rc I was saving it for later in prep but everyone on tls on seems to love Manhattan so i am regretting my buy. Why is it better and should i make the switch?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:06 pm

lurksoh4rd wrote:Is there anywhere on TLS where one could ask for advice regarding UG without receiving backlash for it?

here

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:07 pm

lurksoh4rd wrote:Is there anywhere on TLS where one could ask for advice regarding UG without receiving backlash for it?

Probably here. Everyone posts random crap in here. :mrgreen:

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:24 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

here

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:32 pm

oopsu812 wrote:

Probably here. Everyone posts random crap in here. :mrgreen:

We're the only nice thread on TLS.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?