The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
43%
Yeah, kind of
8
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
7
15%
Not prepared but screw it
3
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
9
19%
 
Total votes: 47

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:19 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:22 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:That's what I'm thinking. NYC and CLS is pretty easy. UVA YPs like a motherfucker so I'll try to do that as well. Might just leave it with Why Xs for the rest unless it ends up being really convenient or I'm in the area.

I thought Why Xs were par for the course tbh. it is expensive AF to travel so if you think you'll be super YP'D at UVA or somewhere I would check it out barring funds.

Yeah I'll do Why Xs for everywhere that gives that as an option, just wanna be extra safe for a few schools. I feel like the fam would help me out a bit with travelling fortunately.


Do what I plan on doing and try to convince the fam that they want to go to these places on vacation. :lol:

When I told my parents about me liking S they got gItty because they want a retirement spot.

Ooo very nice. My parents have only ever talked about Arizona in regards to retiring in the US. Yuck.

Arizona is dry and supposedly good for old folks.

also my old folks shouldn't hold their breath

Yup that's what they always say. "It's a nice dry heat! Perfect for golf!"

Haha, do you want to end up in CA after LS?

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 pm

i love DJ's sudden Stanford obsession.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:34 pm

I'm just pleased I'm not the only one with a Stanny obsession, to be honest.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:36 pm

oopsu812 wrote:I'm just pleased I'm not the only one with a Stanny obsession, to be honest.

Me too.


User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 pm

the greatest thread on TLS viewtopic.php?f=10&t=273848&start=350

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I'm just pleased I'm not the only one with a Stanny obsession, to be honest.

Me too.



Don't quote, but I still remember that dance choreography.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I'm just pleased I'm not the only one with a Stanny obsession, to be honest.

Me too.


Was my rampant googling the catalyst of this?

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:42 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I'm just pleased I'm not the only one with a Stanny obsession, to be honest.

Me too.


Was my rampant googling the catalyst of this?

DJ last week: Stanford's west coast so not interested
DJ now: STANNY PLZ

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:43 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I'm just pleased I'm not the only one with a Stanny obsession, to be honest.

Me too.



.

I haven't even seen it. :oops:

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I'm just pleased I'm not the only one with a Stanny obsession, to be honest.

Me too.


Was my rampant googling the catalyst of this?

DJ last week: Stanford's west coast so not interested
DJ now: STANNY PLZ

This is shockingly true.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I'm just pleased I'm not the only one with a Stanny obsession, to be honest.

Me too.



.

I haven't even seen it. :oops:

That is absolutely unacceptable. Very disappointed.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:55 pm

why did lawschooli stop selling the mastermind?

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Seems Yehlol really turned up for a certain Northern Californian UG this cycle. :shock: shall not say which or if it is mine (Berkeley).
Last edited by Alexandros on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:56 pm

proteinshake wrote:the greatest thread on TLS http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=350


what in the actual fuck

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:56 pm

dj9i27 wrote:why did lawschooli stop selling the mastermind?

you're prob just as well with a normal stopwatch anyways.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:57 pm

dj9i27 wrote:why did lawschooli stop selling the mastermind?

prob not enough buyers. I used it and it was great. sold mine to someone already tho :(

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Alexandros wrote:Seems Yehlol really turned up for a certain Northern Californian UG this cycle. :shock: shall not say which or if it is mine (Berkeley).

What do you mean?

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:00 pm

.
Last edited by Alexandros on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:03 pm

proteinshake wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:why did lawschooli stop selling the mastermind?

prob not enough buyers. I used it and it was great. sold mine to someone already tho :(

I've got one but I'm worried that it will shit out on me.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Seems Yehlol really turned up for a certain Northern Californian UG this cycle. :shock: shall not say which or if it is mine (Berkeley).

What do you mean?

Seeing a fair few people from a certain N Cal UG with Y acceptances.you know I mean by Northern California


Ah okay. Yehlol really does seem to care a lot about UG prestige unfortunately.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:04 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:why did lawschooli stop selling the mastermind?

prob not enough buyers. I used it and it was great. sold mine to someone already tho :(

I've got one but I'm worried that it will shit out on me.

I didn't start using it until like 2 months before the test just so it didn't burn out on me.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Seems Yehlol really turned up for a certain Northern Californian UG this cycle. :shock: shall not say which or if it is mine (Berkeley).

What do you mean?

Seeing a fair few people from a certain N Cal UG with Y acceptances.you know I mean by Northern California


Ah okay. Yehlol really does seem to care a lot about UG prestige unfortunately.

Yeah :? I'm not sure about where international UGs stand on Y's radar (esp. those in N Cal) but that gave me some hope. (don't quote, I'm paranoid)

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Seems Yehlol really turned up for a certain Northern Californian UG this cycle. :shock: shall not say which or if it is mine (Berkeley).

What do you mean?

Seeing a fair few people from a certain N Cal UG with Y acceptances.you know I mean by Northern California


Ah okay. Yehlol really does seem to care a lot about UG prestige unfortunately.

Yeah :? I'm not sure about where international UGs stand on Y's radar (esp. those in N Cal) but that gave me some hope.


I have no idea, honestly. I guess at that point LSAT is the best indicator. It would be pretty silly to take UG prestige into consideration when there's no such thing here.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:33 pm

brinicolec wrote:Have any of you seen any threads regarding note-taking strategies?

I'm wondering about handwritten notes/shorthand/transferring those notes into a cpu program/which cpu program they recommend/is it best to handwrite notes and then only transfer them in an outline type fashion (although I'm curious if this would be a severe waste of time because you might not know immediately which things are important enough to be included in an outline). Basically, I'm just trying to figure out what methods ppl recommend (and also, minor details like do people recommend writing notes in pen or pencil) as I try to decide what things I need to pack lol.


OneNote is pretty cool in that you can search the notes. You can also handwrite on typed pages which is kind of cool IMO. It's how I did the LG explanations on a certain site (well, screencaptures of pages).

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Who was the lady who went to SLS, then SG post grad and finally taught at Oregon?

No SG, but I think you're thinking of https://law.uoregon.edu/explore/mary-wood https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Christina_Wood

Yep... life goal.

+1000

So for a personalized PS, it is best to say why X school will cater to your legal study strengths and then cite professors and programs unique to the school


IMO, make sure it's more integrated than a simple tack on. It'll be fairly transparent, IMO.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MethodMan and 9 guests