The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
43%
Yeah, kind of
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
15%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
19%

Total votes: 47

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:58 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:I just spent the day looking at SLS's websites. I am going too far down this rabbit hole.

Same. I'm definitely getting those targeted letters. What a beautiful friggin' school.

this town ain't big enough. lmao jk my gpa is shit but lsp says strong consider with a 177+.

Time will tell.

What cycle is going to be yours?

This 'un

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:00 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:I just spent the day looking at SLS's websites. I am going too far down this rabbit hole.

Same. I'm definitely getting those targeted letters. What a beautiful friggin' school.

this town ain't big enough. lmao jk my gpa is shit but lsp says strong consider with a 177+.

Time will tell.

This 'un

OooOOoOO, I'm excited for you. I feel like the application process is tough but also a lot of fun.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:02 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Time will tell.

This 'un

OooOOoOO, I'm excited for you. I feel like the application process is tough but also a lot of fun.

The hardest part is the lsat, after that wooing Stanny.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:03 pm

DJ's leaving us behind </3

eta: and I fully expect all of y'all matriculating in the fall to still shitpost retake with us ok.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Have any of you seen any threads regarding note-taking strategies?

I'm wondering about handwritten notes/shorthand/transferring those notes into a cpu program/which cpu program they recommend/is it best to handwrite notes and then only transfer them in an outline type fashion (although I'm curious if this would be a severe waste of time because you might not know immediately which things are important enough to be included in an outline). Basically, I'm just trying to figure out what methods ppl recommend (and also, minor details like do people recommend writing notes in pen or pencil) as I try to decide what things I need to pack lol.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Alexandros wrote:DJ's leaving us behind </3

eta: and I fully expect all of y'all matriculating in the fall to still shitpost retake with us ok.

</3 I'm going to be left behind. It'll be at the very least another 2 cycles until it's my turn, but more like 4 or 5. :(

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:14 pm

oopsu812 wrote:

</3 I'm going to be left behind. It'll be at the very least another 2 cycles until it's my turn, but more like 4 or 5. :(

Take all the time you need. It was hell convincing myself not to apply this fall but I feel like future me would thank me for it. (Also considering my indecisiveness wrt law it might well be 4 or 5 for me too! :) )

Also we'll have another cycle to lurk! #pumped

calmike

Bronze

Postby calmike » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 pm

I took PT 57 yesterday. I did really well and I hope I am able to replicate it for my actual LSAT.

I am retaking LSAT which I scored 160.

I scored a 175. It was a 4 section PT. I timed myself.

LG -0
LR1 -3
LR2 -2
RC -1

I was surprised with how well I did with RC because I swear I was sort of making educated guesses with the last two passages. After Blind Reviewing LR's, I was able to correct 3 questions. I made a bubbling mistake in LR1.

My next PT will be on Tuesday. I will take PT 58. Tomorrow I will drill some games and RC's.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

You done (or begun) your PS yet?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm

calmike wrote:I took PT 57 yesterday. I did really well and I hope I am able to replicate it for my actual LSAT.

LG -0
LR1 -3
LR2 -2
RC -1

I was surprised with how well I did with RC because I swear I was sort of making educated guesses with the last two passages. After Blind Reviewing LR's, I was able to correct 3 questions. I made a bubbling mistake in LR1.

My next PT will be on Tuesday. I will take PT 58. Tomorrow I will drill some games and RC's.

BRUH
Congrats!!!

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm

I haven't gone tort status yet lol (nor will I cuz, dillard). I think I'll keep retaking for the lulz

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I had a rough draft when I was green from October (and still thought I'd apply this cycle lele). going to mod it extremely.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Take all the time you need. It was hell convincing myself not to apply this fall but I feel like future me would thank me for it. (Also considering my indecisiveness wrt law it might well be 4 or 5 for me too! :) )

Also we'll have another cycle to lurk! #pumped

Yup it's absolutely for the best, but it really is tough to not want to get in on the excitement. I guess this is what adulting feels like </3. It's great that this forum exists though, where over-excited young people can get their heads screwed on straight and read the advice of those who've been through this process. Very happy to have found this forum.

Also, this forum lets us creep on cycles. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Stanny I love you.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 pm

calmike wrote:I took PT 57 yesterday. I did really well and I hope I am able to replicate it for my actual LSAT.

LG -0
LR1 -3
LR2 -2
RC -1

Nice job dude! are you a retaker or was this coldish?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I had a rough draft when I was green from October (and still thought I'd apply this cycle lele). going to mod it extremely.

Nice.
I was thinking I might start on personal statements & why Xs this summer so I have them completely solid by app time, which is starting to creep up very fast.

Should also probably start planning visits if I do them.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Nice.
I was thinking I might start on personal statements & why Xs this summer so I have them completely solid by app time, which is starting to creep up very fast.

Why X are pretty consistent so you can bang those out but life experiences change so hold off on the PS
Visits idk... if it helps my chances at all at HS I'd go but I doubt it (might go to H to see old friends anyways)

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:34 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Nice.

Why X are pretty consistent so you can bang those out but life experiences change so hold off on the PS
Visits idk... if it helps my chances at all at HS I'd go but I doubt it (might go to H to see old friends anyways)

Yeah, that's kinda what I was kinda thinking.

Visits are more for YP avoidance. I figure I have a full year and a half so I should be able to arrange a couple.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Nice.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was kinda thinking.

Visits are more for YP avoidance. I figure I have a full year and a half so I should be able to arrange a couple.

What about super denial avoidance? also just save your pennies and maybe do what 34 is doing and see like 3 schools in a week

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Alexandros wrote:That's what I'm thinking. NYC and CLS is pretty easy. UVA YPs like a motherfucker so I'll try to do that as well. Might just leave it with Why Xs for the rest unless it ends up being really convenient or I'm in the area.

I thought Why Xs were par for the course tbh. it is expensive AF to travel so if you think you'll be super YP'D at UVA or somewhere I would check it out barring funds.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:That's what I'm thinking. NYC and CLS is pretty easy. UVA YPs like a motherfucker so I'll try to do that as well. Might just leave it with Why Xs for the rest unless it ends up being really convenient or I'm in the area.

I thought Why Xs were par for the course tbh. it is expensive AF to travel so if you think you'll be super YP'D at UVA or somewhere I would check it out barring funds.

Yeah I'll do Why Xs for everywhere that gives that as an option, just wanna be extra safe for a few schools. I feel like the fam would help me out a bit with travelling fortunately.

Do what I plan on doing and try to convince the fam that they want to go to these places on vacation. :lol:

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Yeah I'll do Why Xs for everywhere that gives that as an option, just wanna be extra safe for a few schools. I feel like the fam would help me out a bit with travelling fortunately.

Do what I plan on doing and try to convince the fam that they want to go to these places on vacation. :lol:

When I told my parents about me liking S they got gItty because they want a retirement spot.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:10 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

When I told my parents about me liking S they got gItty because they want a retirement spot.

Ooo very nice. My parents have only ever talked about Arizona in regards to retiring in the US. Yuck.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:18 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Ooo very nice. My parents have only ever talked about Arizona in regards to retiring in the US. Yuck.

Arizona is dry and supposedly good for old folks.

also my old folks shouldn't hold their breath

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?