The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:45 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Yehl rejected 177, 3.99. At least Stanny accepted them.

I know. Holy fuck.

T14 with $$$$ is just as good of an outcome as Y anyways, fuck that.

second hand anxiety is through roof rn.

They got HS, Hammy, and Vandy, so I think they'll be okay. :P

Anyone still waiting or just getting a decision now has dope alternative options anyway <3

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 pm

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I have serious Stanford sour grapes already. Oh man. Fuck that school.

reverse psychology? YEAH ME TOO DUDE! H ALL THE WAY.

Also 34, village people reference bold move.

Thanks, bro. That's a scary peek (literally just had a minor palpitation I misspelled peek in my S/LOCI) into how my mind works. When I read that post, I read it as "YOUNG MAN" rather than 'young man.'

lmao misspellings are a major fear of mine. Send your documents to 4 or 5 people to each check for grammar or misspellings, this is what I'm doing for my S, H, etc. PSS.

who did you LOCI?

I did. Grammarly is pretty tight too. UPenn. Going to visit CLS this week, and maybe NYU (SEND ME SOMETHING) again (professor was absent). My LOCI was pretty tight, IMO.

Downloading Grammarly for my 8939939 drafts of SLS personal statements. lmk how you like CLS, it's still high on my list but I'm going to dream for a little. When do you think upenn will get back to you?

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I know. Holy fuck.

Anyone still waiting or just getting a decision now has dope alternative options anyway <3

Very true. The disappointment caused by the long wait and rejection is definitely lessened by sweet other options. I'm sure by this time most people are excited about going to other schools on crazy scholarships, so it's more of just a relief to finally be out of Yehl's clutches.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:53 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I know. Holy fuck.

Very true. The disappointment caused by the long wait and rejection is definitely lessened by sweet other options. I'm sure by this time most people are excited about going to other schools on crazy scholarships, so it's more of just a relief to finally be out of Yehl's clutches.

Exactly. <3

gulp swallow swallow gulp

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:54 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I have serious Stanford sour grapes already. Oh man. Fuck that school.

reverse psychology? YEAH ME TOO DUDE! H ALL THE WAY.

Also 34, village people reference bold move.

Thanks, bro. That's a scary peek (literally just had a minor palpitation I misspelled peek in my S/LOCI) into how my mind works. When I read that post, I read it as "YOUNG MAN" rather than 'young man.'

lmao misspellings are a major fear of mine. Send your documents to 4 or 5 people to each check for grammar or misspellings, this is what I'm doing for my S, H, etc. PSS.

who did you LOCI?

I did. Grammarly is pretty tight too. UPenn. Going to visit CLS this week, and maybe NYU (SEND ME SOMETHING) again (professor was absent). My LOCI was pretty tight, IMO.

Downloading Grammarly for my 8939939 drafts of SLS personal statements. lmk how you like CLS, it's still high on my list but I'm going to dream for a little. When do you think upenn will get back to you?

Yo no se. I think I'd rank my preferred schools like UPenn>CLS>NYU. Grammarly is totally worth it. There's a free and paid version. I just did the paid version for a year or something because it was pretty cheap. That said, quoting you jabronis on the forums is really hurting my Grammarly stats... well, that and my 'unnecessary' use of ellipses.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I know. Holy fuck.

Exactly. <3

I can't wait to live vicariously through you during your cycle. Oh boy oh boy.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:02 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I know. Holy fuck.

Exactly. <3

I can't wait to live vicariously through you during your cycle. Oh boy oh boy.

living vicariously through people's cycles is fun. gulp gulp

I'll be receiving hypnosis / electroconvulsive shock therapy / deep brain stimulation immediately after I send in my Y app so I forget Yehl exists.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:22 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Yo no se. I think I'd rank my preferred schools like UPenn>CLS>NYU. Grammarly is totally worth it. There's a free and paid version. I just did the paid version for a year or something because it was pretty cheap. That said, quoting you jabronis on the forums is really hurting my Grammarly stats... well, that and my 'unnecessary' use of ellipses.

Stanny please.

UPenn seems really dope, plus you wanted that MBA and they are king there. also quit being Mac.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:36 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Stanny please.

UPenn seems really dope, plus you wanted that MBA and they are king there. also quit being Mac.

Yeah - I kind of want a different city for three years. I also know tons of CLS/NYU/Cornell people already, so I think it'd be a better network to expand into. It'd be expensive AF, but I'd probably never have to buy food with all those free lunches between the MBA and JD.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:01 pm

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Stanny please.

Yeah - I kind of want a different city for three years. I also know tons of CLS/NYU/Cornell people already, so I think it'd be a better network to expand into. It'd be expensive AF, but I'd probably never have to buy food with all those free lunches between the MBA and JD.

expanding networks, eh? have you heard of our new god, Stanny?

Don't they give you hella money for a JD/MBA

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Well, this has been fun. I will now spend all night writing a paper.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:13 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Stanny please.

I don't think so. It's generally treated like you attend separately AFAIK, and MBAs are fairly rare to get real scholarships for IIRC. Basically, I think you can get money for the JD component and the MBA would be out of pocket. This may be different if not looking at M7/T10s

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 pm

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Stanny please.

I don't think so. It's generally treated like you attend separately AFAIK, and MBAs are fairly rare to get real scholarships for IIRC. Basically, I think you can get money for the JD component and the MBA would be out of pocket. This may be different if not looking at M7/T10s

MBA programs at least a my undergraduate location, Berkeley were pretty cheap in comparison to the ls. Is m7 the MBA ranking?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Alexandros wrote:Well, this has been fun. I will now spend all night writing a paper.

Praise Stanny

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:37 pm

dj9i27 wrote:I don't think so. It's generally treated like you attend separately AFAIK, and MBAs are fairly rare to get real scholarships for IIRC. Basically, I think you can get money for the JD component and the MBA would be out of pocket. This may be different if not looking at M7/T10s

MBA programs at least a my undergraduate location, Berkeley were pretty cheap in comparison to the ls. Is m7 the MBA ranking?[/quote]

Yeah - M7 is a bit diff tho. IIRC, it had something to do with the deans of well-regarded business schools saying, 'Let's teach this and that,' rather than some official ranking. I don't think business school is much cheaper; it's shorter.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:41 pm

Alexandros wrote:Well, this has been fun. I will now spend all night writing a paper.

I should be doing the same. I finished one paper, but I still have a 4000 word'er to go. :( :cry:

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Yeah - M7 is a bit diff tho. IIRC, it had something to do with the deans of well-regarded business schools saying, 'Let's teach this and that,' rather than some official ranking. I don't think business school is much cheaper; it's shorter.

2 years? maybe that's it then. Would you be using a MBA as a failsafe?

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Postby Barry grandpapy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:52 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:54 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:How the hell do you nerds already have more posts than the June thread?

that is why

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:54 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:How the hell do you nerds already have more posts than the June thread?

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:55 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

In part. My circumstances are a bit unique.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:02 am

oopsu812 wrote:

I should be doing the same. I finished one paper, but I still have a 4000 word'er to go. :( :cry:

6 pages of 12 here. I'm determined to get it to 12 tonight but .... lol.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:06 am

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

In part. My circumstances are a bit unique.

understood. Your goals are probably more realistic than my HS pipe dream :/

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:08 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

6 pages of 12 here. I'm determined to get it to 12 tonight but .... lol.

Yeah, mine will be about that length too, excluding works cited and what not. Needs to be done by the 18th and I haven't researched a thing. You're way ahead of me. Stanny I love you

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:32 am

I like the Stanny hive mind. I propose a package deal for all of us.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?