The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:24 pm

there are 7 people who have my numbers who've applied to Stanford since the great law crash of 2007... and 1 got in.

I don't think this is representative.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:25 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:well I can't say the lay prestige isn't cool :lol:

and I'm pretty hype but I'm not in the "time to grind" mentality yet. probably not until July. balancing school and the gym is always tough!

my old gym buddy was there all the time except for 3 weeks before finals, I think you'll be good.

dope! I think I'm a lot less lazier than I was in UG so you're prob right. I had terrible time management in UG.

I was never lazy in ug, I overloaded myself and killed my gpa :/
you'll find out, just sulk on calf raises if you have a bad day

RT I definitely overloaded myself and had bad time management.

wanna get 180s and woo S together?

It would be my PLEASURE!!

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I do wonder if there's something Stanny really likes. I'd totally write a completely separate PS with a special angle if it would move the needle for S.

Also I wish I would just get sick and get better like a normal person instead of being extremely low energy and foggy-headed for weeks during the most vital part the semester.

I don't think they like KJD.

Well, I won't be KJD. But that in itself won't be enough.

Of course, but apart from targeted LORs, it seems like the only thing that's apparent.

I was wondering if they like STEM-y people or anything like that at all. I think I'm thinking of SV and not Stanford tho. :|

Idk, but using the graph function for the past 3 cycles, only 4 people with 177+ and 3.8+ have been outright rejected, and they were all still in undergrad. I would feel very happy with my chances at that point.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:29 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I do wonder if there's something Stanny really likes. I'd totally write a completely separate PS with a special angle if it would move the needle for S.

Also I wish I would just get sick and get better like a normal person instead of being extremely low energy and foggy-headed for weeks during the most vital part the semester.

Of course, but apart from targeted LORs, it seems like the only thing that's apparent.

I was wondering if they like STEM-y people or anything like that at all. I think I'm thinking of SV and not Stanford tho. :|

Idk, but using the graph function for the past 3 cycles, only 4 people with 177+ and 3.8+ have been outright rejected, and they were all still in undergrad. I would feel very happy with my chances at that point.

sadly, WL or rejection are both "not a getting in." My odds of getting a YS WL are pretty good I think.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Speaking of Y, this is getting ridiculous.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

sadly, WL or rejection are both "not a getting in." My odds of getting a YS WL are pretty good I think.

Only 2 waitlists in those 3 years. One got accepted to Yale and withdrew, the other I'm not sure what happened. So, still.

Edit: I think I'm wrong. I don't think the graph plots more than 2 cycles at a time. I TAKE IT ALL BACK, although the general idea still stands.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Alexandros wrote:Speaking of Y, this is getting ridiculous.

I can't imagine applying right when apps open and still not knowing. Would drive me nuts.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Attempted to use four different printers in the library, none had an "out of order" sign, and not a single worked.

Also this dude is either incapable of reading silently or is making a recording of his notes or something, and is just sitting here mumbling to himself loudly in the silent area.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 pm

oopsu812 wrote:

I can't imagine applying right when apps open and still not knowing. Would drive me nuts.

At least H and S are quick. I know S doesn't interview but they won't leave you hanging.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:47 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

At least H and S are quick. I know S doesn't interview but they won't leave you hanging.

Harvard, sure, but try telling that to the Stanny thread. :P

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:58 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

maybe let splitters know their denied quicker? URM, splitters, nontraditional are all strange birds in the aspect that there isn't heaps of information available on them. that's why I think I have a chance (minimal) at Stanny due to there being 7 people with my numbers also predictor says I have a good chance

October from H or S should hear back in 3 to 4 months.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:01 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

maybe let splitters know their denied quicker? URM, splitters, nontraditional are all strange birds in the aspect that there isn't heaps of information available on them. that's why I think I have a chance (minimal) at Stanny due to there being 7 people with my numbers also predictor says I have a good chance

Any chance is a chance all the same, my friend! :lol:

I'm going to apply first week of apps so I hopefully don't have to wait forever.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Any chance is a chance all the same, my friend! :lol:

I'm going to apply first week of apps so I hopefully don't have to wait forever.

I'm waiting until Sept score to ship them out, but they'll be done and ready for grey day. Personalized PS for Stanny is definitely a priority, I don't just want to flake due to my meh gpa.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 pm

AAAAND it's begun.
At last.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Alexandros wrote:AAAAND it's begun.
At last.

Damn, beat me to it!

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:11 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
At last.

Damn, beat me to it!

And so the Yehlol denial wave has begun. The Sept17 takers and Alex watch in horror realizing that their companion DJ, will not be a good enough sacrifice. Alas, the waiting continues as does the search for their former leader.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:14 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
At last.

Damn, beat me to it!

And so the Yehlol denial wave has begun. The Sept17 takers and Alex watch in horror realizing that their companion DJ, will not be a good enough sacrifice. Alas, the waiting continues as does the search for their former leader.

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
who knew the shining would be so relevant to the law school application process :)

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Yehl rejected 177, 3.99. At least Stanny accepted them.

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:28 pm

chargers21 wrote:And to complete my triple post. The guy or gal not looking for BL. You should still apply if you have the numbers. Those schools allow for great negotiations and open tons of doors that are closed otherwise in every single field. Long term payoff crushes from the t13 and that's why I'm going even though I naively wanted in state law school initially, i am going elsewhere

yo I think that's me you're referencing. IDK my main thing is I'm looking to settle/live/work in Seattle exclusively. So given how insular Seattle's market is, I figure there's no use wasting the money and time to apply to Northwestern or something if there's no chance that it'd get me a job at home.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:30 pm

oopsu812 wrote:Yehl rejected 177, 3.99. At least Stanny accepted them.

I know. Holy fuck.

T14 with $$$$ is just as good of an outcome as Y anyways, fuck that.

second hand anxiety is through roof rn.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I have serious Stanford sour grapes already. Oh man. Fuck that school.

reverse psychology? YEAH ME TOO DUDE! H ALL THE WAY.

Also 34, village people reference bold move.

Thanks, bro. That's a scary peek (literally just had a minor palpitation I misspelled peek in my S/LOCI) into how my mind works. When I read that post, I read it as "YOUNG MAN" rather than 'young man.'

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Any of y'all who haven't applied yet planning on doing visits before applications / decisions?

I'll probably check out Columbia, NYU, and Chicago because they're in cities I want to visit anyways.

Yeah I'm thinking NYU and CLS shouldn't be hard. Also want to visit UVA if I can. Debating trying to do Penn at the same time as NYC schools / Duke at the same time as UVA. Also debating whether or not I should try to visit Chi. I don't think they're really known for YP but if it makes them like me more it might be worth it.

You can if you have the time. Penn Law is a 10-20 minute walk from the Amtrak station in Philadelphia, and the train ride from NYC to Philadelphia is 1.5-2.5 hours depending on how many stops. I'm not sure how easy it is to get between UVA and Duke, but my gut is that it isn't terribly easy.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Yehl rejected 177, 3.99. At least Stanny accepted them.

I know. Holy fuck.

T14 with $$$$ is just as good of an outcome as Y anyways, fuck that.

second hand anxiety is through roof rn.

They got HS, Hammy, and Vandy, so I think they'll be okay. :P

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:36 pm

abujabal wrote:
chargers21 wrote:And to complete my triple post. The guy or gal not looking for BL. You should still apply if you have the numbers. Those schools allow for great negotiations and open tons of doors that are closed otherwise in every single field. Long term payoff crushes from the t13 and that's why I'm going even though I naively wanted in state law school initially, i am going elsewhere

yo I think that's me you're referencing. IDK my main thing is I'm looking to settle/live/work in Seattle exclusively. So given how insular Seattle's market is, I figure there's no use wasting the money and time to apply to Northwestern or something if there's no chance that it'd get me a job at home.

I'm just saying, take the LSAT, look at your gpa, and evaluate where you are. Not familiar with that market but you might be able to kill it with ties and an upper t13 big money scholarship

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:37 pm

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I have serious Stanford sour grapes already. Oh man. Fuck that school.

Thanks, bro. That's a scary peek (literally just had a minor palpitation I misspelled peek in my S/LOCI) into how my mind works. When I read that post, I read it as "YOUNG MAN" rather than 'young man.'

lmao misspellings are a major fear of mine. Send your documents to 4 or 5 people to each check for grammar or misspellings, this is what I'm doing for my S, H, etc. PSS.

who did you LOCI?

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:41 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

lmao misspellings are a major fear of mine. Send your documents to 4 or 5 people to each check for grammar or misspellings, this is what I'm doing for my S, H, etc. PSS.

who did you LOCI?

I did. Grammarly is pretty tight too. UPenn. Going to visit CLS this week, and maybe NYU (SEND ME SOMETHING) again (professor was absent). My LOCI was pretty tight, IMO.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?