The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Def need to figure out what I actually wanna do with my life before law school....
NOT NOW THOUGH NOW MUST STUDY.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Alexandros wrote:Def need to figure out what I actually wanna do with my life before law school....

any ideas? paralegal or legal assistant if in the legal field. possibly take up a position in a place that you have an interest in if not legal?

idk what I'm gonna do. maybe paralegal, maybe Starbucks, maybe death. who knows

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Mikey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Def need to figure out what I actually wanna do with my life before law school....

any ideas? paralegal or legal assistant if in the legal field. possibly take up a position in a place that you have an interest in if not legal?

I mean, like, as a career / with my life / with my law degree (if I decide law). Like I need to figure that out before law school.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Alexandros wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I mean, like, as a career / with my life / with my law degree (if I decide law). Like I need to figure that out before law school.

ahhh, I see. I thought you meant like as a gap year, lol. well, youll figure it out if you want to be a lawyer or not. tbh, if I had a score like yours, I would probably become an LSAT teacher/tutor at a company like testmasters or Manhattan for a bit.

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:50 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Finally got around to listening to Hamilton for the first time and now I feel very Murican.

Super, super unpopular opnion over here... didn't care for it. Nas is one of my favorite artists of all times and even then all I can think is, "eh."

Listen to DAMN.

4 times today already - you buy into this second album hype?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:54 pm

abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Finally got around to listening to Hamilton for the first time and now I feel very Murican.

Super, super unpopular opnion over here... didn't care for it. Nas is one of my favorite artists of all times and even then all I can think is, "eh."

Listen to DAMN.

That DNA beat switch tho... Helped on legs.

I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised. The gap between GKMC and PTAB was so long, it is hard to think he'd have 2 major releases within a week or two.

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:01 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Listen to DAMN.

I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised. The gap between GKMC and PTAB was so long, it is hard to think he'd have 2 major releases within a week or two.

My month would be made though and that's something I'd be happy about. For me, the story's all about LUST. - that KAYTRANADA+badbadnotgood combo...

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:03 pm

abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Listen to DAMN.

My month would be made though and that's something I'd be happy about. For me, the story's all about LUST. - that KAYTRANADA+badbadnotgood combo...

I was really happy with this album, miles ahead of PTAB but Good Kid is still one of the best albums of the 201Xs. I am curious to see if his next album (whether it be now or 2 years) is in similar style to Good Kid where each song ties into each other.

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:07 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Listen to DAMN.

I was really happy with this album, miles ahead of PTAB but Good Kid is still one of the best albums of the 201Xs. I am curious to see if his next album (whether it be now or 2 years) is in similar style to Good Kid where each song ties into each other.

For sure. And Kendrick remains one of the few artists where I find myself saying "ok, I need to stop and listen to this full album properly"

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:19 pm

I wonder if the Y WLs will finally come out tomorrow.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Alexandros wrote:I wonder if the Y WLs will finally come out tomorrow.

lol no

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:30 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

lol no

Like, I'm not even waiting for a decision and this is painful as fuck. Oh my God.

This cycle has been quite the learning experience re: ur not going 2 Yehl, Alex.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:34 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

lol no

Like, I'm not even waiting for a decision and this is painful as fuck. Oh my God.

This cycle has been quite the learning experience re: ur not going 2 Yehl, Alex.

I'm not a fan of decisions coming out so late. Seems unfair.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:39 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

lol no

Yeah, Ruby deadline is tomorrow too.

Given fb group numbers and stuff doesn't look like there will many (if any) admits left but so many people with high numbers still pending. Welp.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

lol no

Given fb group numbers and stuff doesn't look like there will many (if any) admits left but so many people with high numbers still pending. Welp.

it is almost may so it makes since things are wrapping up

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:46 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

lol no

it is almost may so it makes since things are wrapping up

"Things," exception being Yale.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:47 pm

looks like Duke is gonna have a new full-tuition scholly in addition to the Mordecai https://www.facebook.com/dukelaw/posts/ ... 5461096847

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:49 pm

proteinshake wrote:looks like Duke is gonna have a new full-tuition scholly in addition to the Mordecai https://www.facebook.com/dukelaw/posts/ ... 5461096847

Googling online masters degrees from Duke now.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

lol no

It just doesn't seem right that people need to make decisions without having all the information, without having visited, properly weighed their options, etc.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:51 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

lol no

It just doesn't seem right that people need to make decisions without having all the information, without having visited, properly weighed their options, etc.

Agree. Really not fair.

I think I'd deposit for the Ruby in that situation. You can still keep open apps in the running and all you'd lose is the cost of the seat deposit.

But there's gotta be some kind of huge WL wave coming soon.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Highly suspect Yale Law School may not actually exist, but that's a conversation for another time.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

lol no

Agree. Really not fair.

I think I'd deposit for the Ruby in that situation. You can still keep open apps in the running and all you'd lose is the cost of the seat deposit.

But there's gotta be some kind of huge WL denial wave coming soon.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Alexandros wrote:Highly suspect Yale Law School may not actually exist, but that's a conversation for another time.

Relevant
https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToColl ... plain_why/

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:57 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:lol no

Agree. Really not fair.

But there's gotta be some kind of huge WL denial wave coming soon.

YLS keeps their WL small but the people still waiting have crazy numbers and there hasn't been a single WL yet, hence my prediction. Another giant ding wave is possible too tho.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Alexandros wrote:YLS keeps their WL small but the people still waiting have crazy numbers and there hasn't been a single WL yet, hence my prediction. Another giant ding wave is possible too tho.

maybe they'll think they are now God/S+ tier law school and just go crazy and deny 177+/3.8+s for teh lulz. There is no god, only yehlol

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?