The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
43%
Yeah, kind of
8
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
7
15%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
17%
 
Total votes: 46

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


Found a picture of Alexandros.

[+] Spoiler
Image

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 pm

abujabal wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


I wish I understood this joke.


Think of names that have been in political news recently (and their spouses, specifically)


Ah, right right.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


Found a picture of Alexandros.

[+] Spoiler
Image

[+] Spoiler
Image

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


Found a picture of Alexandros.

[+] Spoiler
Image

[+] Spoiler
Image


[+] Spoiler
Image
Image

The above gifs are not necessarily an appropriate reply, but I love them.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:00 am

I want someone to look at me one day the way Hillary looked at those balloons.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:21 am

Desperately want burger and fries, but the delivery place's fries are less good than the place that requires walking + waiting. This is a struggle.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:30 am

Alexandros wrote:Desperately want burger and fries, but the delivery place's fries are less good than the place that requires walking + waiting. This is a struggle.


Make your own! Every dollar not spent on takeout = another dollar you don't have to take out as a loan!

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:33 am

abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Desperately want burger and fries, but the delivery place's fries are less good than the place that requires walking + waiting. This is a struggle.


Make your own! Every dollar not spent on takeout = another dollar you don't have to take out as a loan!

I have no burgers fam.

Also fuck that nerd shit I got way too much to do. Ordered delivery.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:37 am

Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Desperately want burger and fries, but the delivery place's fries are less good than the place that requires walking + waiting. This is a struggle.


Make your own! Every dollar not spent on takeout = another dollar you don't have to take out as a loan!

I have no burgers fam.

Also fuck that nerd shit I got way too much to do. Ordered delivery.


Real talk no memes cooking is a valuable de-stresser if you're looking for one but I feel you on the time thing. Personally I've found that it helps recenter me, especially if I'm going to be studying for a test afterwards. Plus, knowing how to cook=you invite people over to your place for study groups in 1L=all the outlines, right?

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:41 am

abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Desperately want burger and fries, but the delivery place's fries are less good than the place that requires walking + waiting. This is a struggle.


Make your own! Every dollar not spent on takeout = another dollar you don't have to take out as a loan!

I have no burgers fam.

Also fuck that nerd shit I got way too much to do. Ordered delivery.


Real talk no memes cooking is a valuable de-stresser if you're looking for one but I feel you on the time thing. Personally I've found that it helps recenter me, especially if I'm going to be studying for a test afterwards. Plus, knowing how to cook=you invite people over to your place for study groups in 1L=all the outlines, right?

Yeah, cooking is fun but I'm in the middle of finals and completely up to my ears rn, really on the edge for time. haven't even been able to go to the gym. only time for shit-posting.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:47 am

Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Desperately want burger and fries, but the delivery place's fries are less good than the place that requires walking + waiting. This is a struggle.


Make your own! Every dollar not spent on takeout = another dollar you don't have to take out as a loan!

I have no burgers fam.

Also fuck that nerd shit I got way too much to do. Ordered delivery.


Real talk no memes cooking is a valuable de-stresser if you're looking for one but I feel you on the time thing. Personally I've found that it helps recenter me, especially if I'm going to be studying for a test afterwards. Plus, knowing how to cook=you invite people over to your place for study groups in 1L=all the outlines, right?

Yeah, cooking is fun but I'm in the middle of finals and completely up to my ears rn, really on the edge for time. haven't even been able to go to the gym. only time for shit-posting.


I legit had to take a straight up culinary class as part of my core requirements in undergrad :|

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:49 am

34iplaw wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:





I legit had to take a straight up culinary class as part of my core requirements in undergrad :|


Whaaaat? That's dope. Real talk I'm considering quitting my job early before entering school to spend 4-6 months working in a kitchen so much so that I can either get the cooking bug out of me, or decide I want to become a chef. Because that's what one does after spending (presumably) 5 months studying for the LSAT

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:50 am

34iplaw wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Desperately want burger and fries, but the delivery place's fries are less good than the place that requires walking + waiting. This is a struggle.


Make your own! Every dollar not spent on takeout = another dollar you don't have to take out as a loan!

I have no burgers fam.

Also fuck that nerd shit I got way too much to do. Ordered delivery.


Real talk no memes cooking is a valuable de-stresser if you're looking for one but I feel you on the time thing. Personally I've found that it helps recenter me, especially if I'm going to be studying for a test afterwards. Plus, knowing how to cook=you invite people over to your place for study groups in 1L=all the outlines, right?

Yeah, cooking is fun but I'm in the middle of finals and completely up to my ears rn, really on the edge for time. haven't even been able to go to the gym. only time for shit-posting.


.

wot
Last edited by Alexandros on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:53 am

abujabal wrote:.

Alexandros wrote:.


I guess don't quote this stuff since it'd actually be super revealing. You can probably guess here I went to school / my major based on the Culinary bit and below.

Yeah... Restaurant Management was a core requirement too...

Working in a restaurant is like working in corporate law, but the work is also physically taxing and it pays a fraction of big law. You can make a ton of money in restaurants, but you need to be a chef and have your own money or friends with money.

Cooking in a restaurant kitchen is pretty taxing and miserable at times. Banquet/event cooking isn't as stressful but has its on challenges. Both are super different than cooking because you like to cook.

More than happy to talk to you about restaurants if it helps... a lot of people just don't have any remote conception of what a restaurant kitchen is like, but some of the cooking shows actually give a somewhat decent idea. I'd say kitchens in NYC are a hell of a lot more hectic though.

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:59 am

34iplaw wrote:
abujabal wrote:.

Alexandros wrote:.


I guess don't quote this stuff since it'd actually be super revealing. You can probably guess here I went to school / my major based on the Culinary bit and below.

Yeah... Restaurant Management was a core requirement too...

Working in a restaurant is like working in corporate law, but the work is also physically taxing and it pays a fraction of big law. You can make a ton of money in restaurants, but you need to be a chef and have your own money or friends with money.

Cooking in a restaurant kitchen is pretty taxing and miserable at times. Banquet/event cooking isn't as stressful but has its on challenges. Both are super different than cooking because you like to cook.


Oh yeah - definitely not looking to make that a thing at all - more a joke from me. I spent a little time working as a prep in a highish end kitchen and that was enough to convince me that the most I'll do is the occasional pop-ups for my extended network long-term. Still though, for a few months, could be nice to pick up some skills, even if I'm just hanging around the dishpit most nights, and peeling ginger other nights.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:04 am

abujabal wrote:
Oh yeah - definitely not looking to make that a thing at all - more a joke from me. I spent a little time working as a prep in a highish end kitchen and that was enough to convince me that the most I'll do is the occasional pop-ups for my extended network long-term. Still though, for a few months, could be nice to pick up some skills, even if I'm just hanging around the dishpit most nights, and peeling ginger other nights.


Ah! Fair enough! So I guess you know what it consists of, but it's surprising you still consider it! Yeah - I know a lot of kids who did the whole CIA type stuff. Not my cup of tea.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:11 am

I dunno, me and cooking never really got on very well. I think it's because it requires patience, which I'm bad at. Gonna try cooking more this summer tho.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:20 am

abujabal wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


I wish I understood this joke.


Think of names that have been in political news recently (and their spouses, specifically)

I think Walmart when I think Arkansas...

User avatar
abujabal

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby abujabal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 am

34iplaw wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Oh yeah - definitely not looking to make that a thing at all - more a joke from me. I spent a little time working as a prep in a highish end kitchen and that was enough to convince me that the most I'll do is the occasional pop-ups for my extended network long-term. Still though, for a few months, could be nice to pick up some skills, even if I'm just hanging around the dishpit most nights, and peeling ginger other nights.


Ah! Fair enough! So I guess you know what it consists of, but it's surprising you still consider it! Yeah - I know a lot of kids who did the whole CIA type stuff. Not my cup of tea.


Man I know a few CIA types who have like 90k debt because of their culinary degree and are stuck at commis because their job driving uber after work to pay for loans makes them too tired to function on the job/learn. Debt is fucking terrifying.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:23 am

Guessing CIA in this conversation isn't referring to the Central Intelligence Agency...

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:25 am

dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


I wish I understood this joke.


Think of names that have been in political news recently (and their spouses, specifically)

I think Walmart when I think Arkansas...

What can I say.
Mr. Walton's got $$$$$.

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:26 am

dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


I wish I understood this joke.


Think of names that have been in political news recently (and their spouses, specifically)

I think Walmart when I think Arkansas...


Nothing pops to my mind when I think Arkansas. One of those states that I have 0 opinion on and know nothing about.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:28 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


I wish I understood this joke.


Think of names that have been in political news recently (and their spouses, specifically)

I think Walmart when I think Arkansas...

What can I say.
Mr. Walton's got $$$$$.

Richest family in the world if you combine all the Walton's together I think.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:29 am

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I'll be asking the first person I meet from Arkansas to marry me. Bonus points if charismatic Georgetown alumni and former Rhodes scholar.

HMU if you fit this description.


I wish I understood this joke.


Think of names that have been in political news recently (and their spouses, specifically)

I think Walmart when I think Arkansas...


Nothing pops to my mind when I think Arkansas. One of those states that I have 0 opinion on and know nothing about.

ummm, the have UA and some deer... Walmart

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:29 am

abujabal wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
abujabal wrote:
Oh yeah - definitely not looking to make that a thing at all - more a joke from me. I spent a little time working as a prep in a highish end kitchen and that was enough to convince me that the most I'll do is the occasional pop-ups for my extended network long-term. Still though, for a few months, could be nice to pick up some skills, even if I'm just hanging around the dishpit most nights, and peeling ginger other nights.


Ah! Fair enough! So I guess you know what it consists of, but it's surprising you still consider it! Yeah - I know a lot of kids who did the whole CIA type stuff. Not my cup of tea.


Man I know a few CIA types who have like 90k debt because of their culinary degree and are stuck at commis because their job driving uber after work to pay for loans makes them too tired to function on the job/learn. Debt is fucking terrifying.


Yeah - it is. The smart (IMO anyways) restaurant kids from my program went to PE/RE/IB and figured they'd go to restaurants if they ever got a good enough nest egg or as an "early retirement" type job.

Alexandros wrote:Guessing CIA in this conversation isn't referring to the Central Intelligence Agency...


Correct - Culinary Institute of America.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: emmali6 and 12 guests