The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:46 am

TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Jesus, if LSN/current numbers are anything to go by, a hell of a lot of applicants with very high numbers are about to get WL/ding.

Of all 3.8+ and 175+, 7/37 accepted. Of 3.9+ and 175+, 5/25. *low whistle*

ETA: Context: Yehl

I genuinely think there's a difference in outcome at Yehl between 175+ and 177+. Of the 177+s and 3.8+s left, most of them are in undergrad still, or haven't updated their profiles for any LS since they applied.

as a future Yale reject, I have very strong opinions as well.

Just drop your GPA a few tenths of a point and don't worry about Yehls nonsense like the rest of us ITT. E-Z.

oh youngling, I am riding my softs to try and see if I can pull H. Yale is so far out of the question even with a 180. I'd have to make 6 lsat questions and get a 185 to get considered at Y.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 am

dj9i27 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Jesus, if LSN/current numbers are anything to go by, a hell of a lot of applicants with very high numbers are about to get WL/ding.

I genuinely think there's a difference in outcome at Yehl between 175+ and 177+. Of the 177+s and 3.8+s left, most of them are in undergrad still, or haven't updated their profiles for any LS since they applied.

Just drop your GPA a few tenths of a point and don't worry about Yehls nonsense like the rest of us ITT. E-Z.

oh youngling, I am riding my softs to try and see if I can pull H. Yale is so far out of the question even with a 180. I'd have to make 6 lsat questions and get a 185 to get considered at Y.

I quoted you since you were the last comment, but my statement was directed at Alex. My bad for being confusing. I'm on the fast track to the weekend and not using any brainpower atm.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 am

TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

I quoted you since you were the last comment, but my statement was directed at Alex. My bad for being confusing. I'm on the fast track to the weekend and not using any brainpower atm.

To be honest, I still think it's worth throwing an app at YS if you have 177+ and 3.7+. I wouldn't bother under that (bar amazing softs), but it seems like it's worth a shot if you have good WE and all that jazz. Obviously it's unlikely, but who knows?

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:22 am

TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

oh. okay...
[+] Spoiler

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 am

(Don't quote). Have to write a whole 15ish page paper today, and man am I getting good at using graphs and footnotes to my advantage.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:00 am

dj9i27 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

oh. okay...
[+] Spoiler

YOU DO YOU DJ. NOBODY CAN STOP YOU FROM YALE BESIDES YOURSELF. WE BELIEVE IN YOU.

[+] Spoiler

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:04 am

it's RC drilling day GUYS! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:06 am

Throw an app to Yale just in case admissions is having a good day when they review you, so they're just like "ahh fuck it why not!"

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:23 am

oopsu812 wrote:(Don't quote).

I'll damn well quote if I want to.

I honestly miss writing papers. I'll probably hate it once I get back into school, but being 2 years out.. I miss just reading random info up on the internet and slapping a paper together. I found it oddly rewarding. I wrote a research paper in UG that was 237 pages on wireless energy transfer and how it can be used for practical purposes. I had it up to almost 300 until the professor told me to scale it back because he wasn't going to read it hahaha

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:27 am

TWiiX wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:(Don't quote).

I'll damn well quote if I want to.

I honestly miss writing papers. I'll probably hate it once I get back into school, but being 2 years out.. I miss just reading random info up on the internet and slapping a paper together. I found it oddly rewarding. I wrote a research paper in UG that was 237 pages on wireless energy transfer and how it can be used for practical purposes. I had it up to almost 300 until the professor told me to scale it back because he wasn't going to read it hahaha

I don't mind writing papers if they matter and are interesting, although I think you're a psychopath for writing something that long. Unfortunately this paper I'm writing is neither interesting or marked, lol. Basically just needs to be written and I'm dandy.

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:32 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:Throw an app to Yale just in case admissions is having a good day when they review you, so they're just like "ahh fuck it why not!"

Yes, please please please do this and don't think of the extra application fee as being thrown down the drain. Yehl/Stanny being a bit of a black box in admissions not only means that people with 75%+ numbers might not get in, it also means that people who think that they have numbers near/below medians might get a pleasantly and surprising admission. Just look at the number of hail mary applicants who got into Y/S in this year's applicant threads.

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:40 am

Mikey wrote:it's RC drilling day GUYS! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ugh I feel you Mikey, RC fucking sucks

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 am

galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:it's RC drilling day GUYS! :roll:

Just once, just ONCE I'd like a standardized test to have an actually interesting reading section. Instead it's always screeds about prehistoric pottery or brain cognition...

On the plus side, the June 2007 test has taught me all I need to know about flax levels in olde Ireland...

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:45 am

TWiiX wrote:YOU DO YOU DJ. NOBODY CAN STOP YOU FROM YALE BESIDES YOURSELF. WE BELIEVE IN YOU.

[+] Spoiler

Yale will stop me from going to Yale.

also, does penn ever give out money? going through lsn 4.0/180s aren't.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 am

abujabal wrote:
galeatus wrote:
Mikey wrote:it's RC drilling day GUYS! :roll:

Just once, just ONCE I'd like a standardized test to have an actually interesting reading section. Instead it's always screeds about prehistoric pottery or brain cognition...

On the plus side, the June 2007 test has taught me all I need to know about flax levels in olde Ireland...

I've gone through a few interesting passages. Just a few days ago I did a passage that had to do with like the work force and child-care. It made me actually think about the real world and that issue which was pretty interesting yet shitty to know the issue exists.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 pm

galeatus wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:Throw an app to Yale just in case admissions is having a good day when they review you, so they're just like "ahh fuck it why not!"

Yes, please please please do this and don't think of the extra application fee as being thrown down the drain. Yehl/Stanny being a bit of a black box in admissions not only means that people with 75%+ numbers might not get in, it also means that people who think that they have numbers near/below medians might get a pleasantly and surprising admission. Just look at the number of hail mary applicants who got into Y/S in this year's applicant threads.

Yale 250:

Someone's gotta fill those 25%ile slots, AMIRITE?

Let's be real Yehl; you want to be diverse. What is more diverse than admitting someone with no qualifications to attend Yehl Law? Stop saying you're progressive and be progressive.

Mic drop.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 pm

34iplaw wrote:
galeatus wrote:

Yale 250:

Let's be real Yehl; you want to be diverse. What is more diverse than admitting someone with no qualifications to attend Yehl Law? Stop saying you're progressive and be progressive.

Mic drop.

That's what I'm saying! It's like that Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson Internship movie where they get hired by Google. Same concept.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:04 pm

34iplaw wrote:
galeatus wrote:

Yale 250:

Mic drop.

can one Will Hunting their way into yale? asking for a friend.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:12 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

To be honest, I still think it's worth throwing an app at YS if you have 177+ and 3.7+. I wouldn't bother under that (bar amazing softs), but it seems like it's worth a shot if you have good WE and all that jazz. Obviously it's unlikely, but who knows?

You'd be an idiot not to (unless you just don't wanna go to Yehl).
I shall do 177+ data shortly brb.

Eta: 5/20 for 177+, 3.8+. 4/13 for 177+, 3.9+.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Your use of ETA bewilders me.

eta: I googled your use of it. I don't see the benefit of 'eta' over 'edit'

emeta: I'm enjoying this now.

ememeta:Woah boy are we cooking now.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:34 pm

34iplaw wrote:Your use of ETA bewilders me.

Edit: 4 letters, must use both hands on standard keyboard. Eta: 3 letters all one hand.
I figured it was a long enough time between original post and edit that eta was warranted.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:35 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:That's what I'm saying! It's like that Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson Internship movie where they get hired by Google. Same concept.

dj9i27 wrote:can one Will Hunting their way into yale? asking for a friend.

Yeah - I mean... someone has to remind those Yale kids how special they are, right?

Without a normie to look to, how can these kids possibly remember that they are, in fact, special?

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:To be honest, I still think it's worth throwing an app at YS if you have 177+ and 3.7+. I wouldn't bother under that (bar amazing softs), but it seems like it's worth a shot if you have good WE and all that jazz. Obviously it's unlikely, but who knows?

You'd be an idiot not to (unless you just don't wanna go to Yehl).
I shall do 177+ data shortly brb.

Eta: 5/20 for 177+, 3.8+. 4/13 for 177+, 3.9+.

I also think I saw a couple of 177+, 3.7+ get in. Definitely not as many, but still enough to throw in the app. Damnit, the goal posts have moved. Aiming for 177+ instead of 175+ now. :P

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Alexandros wrote:

Edit: 4 letters, must use both hands on standard keyboard. Eta: 3 letters all one hand.
I figured it was a long enough time between original post and edit that eta was warranted.

I had actually not seen it before, and I assumed it meant 'estimated time of arrival'

That's a fair enough point except I would propose that benefit would then be limited to messages in which you do not require "UIOPJKLNM" or those fun brackets and such.

Except I'm kind of weird and I use different fingers and hands for just about every key depending on the word I am typing. I fully intend to get an extremely loud keyboard so that I intimidate the other law school kids with the sheer speed of my typing.

DID SOMEONE LET A WOODPECKER IN THE LIBRARY? NAH DUDE THAT'S JUST 34IPLAW ON HIS MECHANICAL KEYBOARD TYPING SUPER LOUD. HE'S REALLY ANNOYING LIKE THAT.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I had actually not seen it before, and I assumed it meant 'estimated time of arrival'

That's a fair enough point except I would propose that benefit would then be limited to messages in which you do not require "UIOPJKLNM" or those fun brackets and such.

Except I'm kind of weird and I use different fingers and hands for just about every key depending on the word I am typing. I fully intend to get an extremely loud keyboard so that I intimidate the other law school kids with the sheer speed of my typing.

DID SOMEONE LET A WOODPECKER IN THE LIBRARY? NAH DUDE THAT'S JUST 34IPLAW ON HIS MECHANICAL KEYBOARD TYPING SUPER LOUD. HE'S REALLY ANNOYING LIKE THAT.

Or you can just commit fully and get a typewriter. Really get into everyone's heads. TACK TACK TACK TACK DING! "The guy with the typewriter has to know something I don't know."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?