The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Alexandros wrote:Whenever I talk to anyone planning on going to law school, I suddenly "don't what I'm doing after I graduate." and abruptly close my laptop. :?

YOU WILL NOT CATCH ME THIS TIME.

be a straight through young one. shield yourself from the horror of working

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:20 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Whenever I talk to anyone planning on going to law school, I suddenly "don't what I'm doing after I graduate." and abruptly close my laptop. :?

I'm convinced working a job you know is only temporary makes the job suck even more, unless it's something you're passionate about lol

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:28 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I'm convinced working a job you know is only temporary makes the job suck even more, unless it's something you're passionate about lol

I needz GPA and LoRs.

I'm probably gonna hopefully get some internships. I'm not sure I'm gonna have the easiest time getting full-time employment in a legal area and I wanna spend some time travelling and stuff, I dunno.
Last edited by Alexandros on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:31 pm

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:I read about him having cancer but I thought it was treatable.

Leukemia a bitch smh.

Truth.

Brinicolec, your avatar changed. I see you joined some of the Sept 2017 people by blinging out your gif.

how did you guys do this?

BLINGEE.COM
get on board, loser.
http://blingee.com/

not doing it now nerd

I drew it on using Gimp. Blingee seems easier/quicker/more efficient. You should make the bag of ice a bag of money.

Love that idea. I also used gimp

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:31 pm

(Don't quote) I don't even know how people acquire internships outside of programmes the university has. I've looked around and haven't found much. :oops: :oops:

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:34 pm

oopsu812 wrote:(Don't quote) :oops: :oops:

Paid ones are tricky but there are a lot of unpaid ones if you look around.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:39 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

since we are on farmer hours for some reason (8-5 because of PAID LUNCH LEAVE SO YOU OWE US ANOTHER HOUR) and the work I do while substantive, I could get done in 4 hours... max. All work is probably lame to an extent, that is why BL me is saving most pennies so I can retire early.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:45 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

since we are on farmer hours for some reason (8-5 because of PAID LUNCH LEAVE SO YOU OWE US ANOTHER HOUR) and the work I do while substantive, I could get done in 4 hours... max. All work is probably lame to an extent, that is why BL me is saving most pennies so I can retire early.

My complaint about my work now / last summer / this coming summer is that it's just deathly boring. Mindlessly entering info into spreadsheets (like name email etc) for fucking hours on end, and sending form emails. No interaction, no creative thinking, no actual analysis or using your brain for anything. Good thing it doesn't take much energy which was nice for LSAT studying but man do you feel like you're wasting your life. also realize the value of music, audiobooks, etc.

also why I will not be going into transactional.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Alexandros wrote:

Huh, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. All I see are a couple that are full-time and during the university semester anyways. It's a shame that paralegals have to be licensed here, so that's not an option either. I mean, ultimately I'm hoping that I can do a co-op and have that bridge into employment after I graduate, but I have no real plan if that doesn't pan out. :?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:53 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Huh, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. All I see are a couple that are full-time and during the university semester anyways. It's a shame that paralegals have to be licensed here, so that's not an option either. I mean, ultimately I'm hoping that I can do a co-op and have that bridge into employment after I graduate, but I have no real plan if that doesn't pan out. :?

what are you looking for?
I'm not sure about ~ Northern California ~ - I've found nothing law related that I'd be able to do where I live so will have to go somewhere else. some recommend cold calling , etc. tho.

also did a bunch of digging last night and ran into some secretary-ish administrative assistant type positions at courts or law firms that didn't require a ton of experience. if you have something on your resume resembling administrative work or something like that and apply broadly you'd prob be good.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I'm not sure about ~ Northern Californa ~. I've found nothing law related that I'd be able to do where I live so will have to go somewhere else. some recommend cold calling , etc. tho.

(Don't quote) I want to explore government jobs in a certain field before committing to LS. I'm 95% sure I'm going to do a Masters that feeds pretty much directly to that specific field in the government. Until then, I'm keeping my eyes out and trying to use connections to find internship type things, but government tends to do things strictly through the universities.

Going somewhere else sounds expensive, lol. I'll take a closer look at more law firms and see what's up, but my hopes aren't high.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I'm not sure about ~ Northern Californa ~. I've found nothing law related that I'd be able to do where I live so will have to go somewhere else. some recommend cold calling , etc. tho.

(Don't quote)

Ah, that makes sense. Be persistent and I'm sure you'll be able to get what you want.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

(Don't quote)

Ah, that makes sense. Be persistent and I'm sure you'll be able to get what you want.

I really really hope so. Graduating is spooky.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:18 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

(Don't quote)

I really really hope so. Graduating is spooky.

Oh I definitely know what you mean.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 pm

FUCK OK IM NOT ON TLS.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Welp, this cycle has been great for keeping my YS expectations realistic.

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Y'all need to mess with startups ASAP if you're looking for internships or post-graduation jobs that have actual meaning

somebodyelse

New

Postby somebodyelse » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:10 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:It looks like I'm going to end up withdrawing from June and taking in September /:

I think I will be doing the same thing. Gonna see how these next few weeks go though.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 am

I can't wait to put in this two weeks notice tomorrow.

I'll be sad to see the money go, but I'm so over the job lol.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 am

signed my Duke acceptance form and put 2016 for the date. too lazy to reprint the form at 1:45AM, it can wait until tomorrow :lol: :oops:

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:24 am

Jesus, if LSN/current numbers are anything to go by, a hell of a lot of applicants with very high numbers are about to get WL/ding.

Of all 3.8+ and 175+, 7/37 accepted. Of 3.9+ and 175+, 5/25. *low whistle*

ETA: Context: Yehl

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 am

Just found out from another thread that Northwestern is moving to curve grading in 100% of their classes. What a turn off. They were my top choice until this nonsense.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:18 am

Alexandros wrote:Jesus, if LSN/current numbers are anything to go by, a hell of a lot of applicants with very high numbers are about to get WL/ding.

I genuinely think there's a difference in outcome at Yehl between 175+ and 177+. Of the 177+s and 3.8+s left, most of them are in undergrad still, or haven't updated their profiles for any LS since they applied.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:29 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Jesus, if LSN/current numbers are anything to go by, a hell of a lot of applicants with very high numbers are about to get WL/ding.

I genuinely think there's a difference in outcome at Yehl between 175+ and 177+. Of the 177+s and 3.8+s left, most of them are in undergrad still, or haven't updated their profiles for any LS since they applied.

as a future Yale reject, I have very strong opinions as well.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:43 am

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

as a future Yale reject, I have very strong opinions as well.

Just drop your GPA a few tenths of a point and don't worry about Yehls nonsense like the rest of us ITT. E-Z.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?