The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:17 pm

I will concede that backpacks are acceptable if you intend on taking out all of your classmates / everyone on the subway, or if transporting chargers (the TLSer).

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Alexandros wrote:I will concede that backpacks are acceptable if you intend on taking out all of your classmates / everyone on the subway, or if transporting chargers (the TLSer).

Like an adult sized version of those things for carrying babies?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:20 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I will concede that backpacks are acceptable if you intend on taking out all of your classmates / everyone on the subway, or if transporting chargers (the TLSer).

Like an adult sized version of those things for carrying babies?

Exactly!

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Cmon my backpack is sweet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Child-of-Min ... 3=&veh=sem

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 pm

34iplaw wrote:

Cmon my backpack is sweet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Child-of-Min ... 3=&veh=sem

I will also concede that that is a very suave backpack.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:25 pm

I call it a bookbag, it's way more grown and sophisticated than "backpack." Plus it implies that I put books in it bc smart. I vote in favor of bookbags/backpacks unless you have to wear a suit. Then you look dumb.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm not advocating spending $700, but the Coach Bleecker is an attractive backpack for a law student provided it isn't too gargantuan. It may be a bit masculine though.

Maybe look for one with a similar aesthetic. I think it's the flaps and belts that makes a backpack older and more sophisticated looking.

Also thanks for acknowledging the suaveness of my backpack. That said, shouldn't you be studying?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:37 pm

34iplaw wrote:I'm not advocating spending $700, but the Coach Bleecker is an attractive backpack for a law student provided it isn't too gargantuan. It may be a bit masculine though.

Maybe look for one with a similar aesthetic. I think it's the flaps and belts that makes a backpack older and more sophisticated looking.

Also thanks for acknowledging the suaveness of my backpack. That said, shouldn't you be studying?

I mean it is very decent-looking for a backpack but you might as well just invest in an nice leather shoulder bag at that point.

Also yes. Fuck. Bye.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:41 pm

34iplaw wrote:I'm not advocating spending $700, but the Coach Bleecker is an attractive backpack for a law student provided it isn't too gargantuan. It may be a bit masculine though.

Ooo just looked up the Coach Bleecker. Thats a super nice bag.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:

@Alex, that's fair. That said, I do also think that backpacks are super convenient when you travel. It's much easier to have a backpack and a large roller than a two rollers IMO.

@Jager, I thought so too! To find classic and traditional menswear and accessories, look through the Brunello Cucinelli catalogue (cry at how much people spend on clothing and accessories briefly) and find something for less than a 10th the price with similar style. Just about everything they make is absolutely impeccable taste wise unlike a lot of designers, especially if you want something that won't go out of style or draw negative attention. Again, not advocating spending anywhere near that (although you can find their suits through discount retailer for the price of SuitSupply) but it's a good way to inform your style IMO.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:58 pm

It looks like I'm going to end up withdrawing from June and taking in September /:

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:It looks like I'm going to end up withdrawing from June and taking in September /:

thousands of LSAT takers are going to wish they were as wise as you when they get their June scores

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:It looks like I'm going to end up withdrawing from June and taking in September /:

Hey (woah)man,

You made the right choice if you aren't feeling ready for June. Don't sweat it!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:08 pm

34iplaw wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

@Alex, that's fair. That said, I do also think that backpacks are super convenient when you travel. It's much easier to have a backpack and a large roller than a two rollers IMO.

@Jager, I thought so too! To find classic and traditional menswear and accessories, look through the Brunello Cucinelli catalogue (cry at how much people spend on clothing and accessories briefly) and find something for less than a 10th the price with similar style. Just about everything they make is absolutely impeccable taste wise unlike a lot of designers, especially if you want something that won't go out of style or draw negative attention. Again, not advocating spending anywhere near that (although you can find their suits through discount retailer for the price of SuitSupply) but it's a good way to inform your style IMO.

Haha awesome! I will have to check that out. Im all about the style for less aslong as its high quality... But, maybe one day I can justify the coach version

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:09 pm

proteinshake wrote:

thousands of LSAT takers are going to wish they were as wise as you when they get their June scores

preach

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:49 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

Haha awesome! I will have to check that out. Im all about the style for less aslong as its high quality... But, maybe one day I can justify the coach version

That's gonna be my coping mechanism with biglaw life.. I have a huge problem with high end fashion (shoes in particular). I LOVE me some cap toes and wingtips. Dress boots as well. I'm a straight male, but I'll be damned if I don't have a shopping problem when I have money to spare. I'm gonna go overboard with those first few paychecks. Whew.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:54 pm

high chance I'm going to Atlantic City this weekend 8)

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:56 pm

TWiiX wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

That's gonna be my coping mechanism with biglaw life.. I have a huge problem with high end fashion (shoes in particular). I LOVE me some cap toes and wingtips. Dress boots as well. I'm a straight male, but I'll be damned if I don't have a shopping problem when I have money to spare. I'm gonna go overboard with those first few paychecks. Whew.

I'm so worried about how much money I'm going to have to spend on business clothes.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:59 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

I'm so worried about how much money I'm going to have to spend on business clothes.

suit supply

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

suit supply

Don't wear suits, my friend. If I did, it'd sure make life easier!

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

suit supply

I had a friend stationed in S Korea as an officer in the army. She said the tailoring shops over there that would custom make suits for about ~70 USD. You pick the color, the type of fabric, they would measure you.. and then hand make the entire thing off of your measurements in about 2/3 business days. Your jackets and pants both would have your name stitched into them as well.

I would literally fly across the country to find a place like that in the states. They were easily 700 dollar suits.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:14 pm

TWiiX wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

Me too bro. I love suits, ties and dress shoes. the quality in the area totally makes a difference though. You can tell whats a nice suit and shoes vs not and it makes a statement and people notice.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:14 pm

TWiiX wrote:That's gonna be my coping mechanism with biglaw life.. I have a huge problem with high end fashion (shoes in particular). I LOVE me some cap toes and wingtips. Dress boots as well. I'm a straight male, but I'll be damned if I don't have a shopping problem when I have money to spare. I'm gonna go overboard with those first few paychecks. Whew.

Yeah ... same probably. I have a tendency to get a lot of really nice clothing, but I sell most of what I buy (only buy what I like) and tend to just keep what won't sell at a reasonable markup or for more than I'd pay for it.

I'll probably drop too much money on a few blazers, outerwear, and shoes. Personally, I'm more of a wholecut shoe guy.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:17 pm

When you buy a suit, just make sure it's canvassed and not fused. A fused suit will not look good after a few dry cleans.

EIDOS is a brand that you can get pretty good deals at if you are located near the right Saks or Bloomingdales. I think the end of year sales puts their suits at like $300-$500 roughly. Granted, they got rid of the three-roll-two I think. Shade.

Alternatively, learn your size in brands, and buy online. You can buy Brunello Cucinelli suits for about the same price as SuitSupply if you are patient, know your size, and where to look. [IIRC SuitSupply suits run roughly $700-900?]

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:28 pm

34iplaw wrote:When you buy a suit, just make sure it's canvassed and not fused. A fused suit will not look good after a few dry cleans.

EIDOS is a brand that you can get pretty good deals at if you are located near the right Saks or Bloomingdales. I think the end of year sales puts their suits at like $300-$500 roughly. Granted, they got rid of the three-roll-two I think. Shade.

Alternatively, learn your size in brands, and buy online. You can buy Brunello Cucinelli suits for about the same price as SuitSupply if you are patient, know your size, and where to look. [IIRC SuitSupply suits run roughly $700-900?]

teach me your ways. I'm due for upgrading my business wardrobe. My suits are old (they lasted me through college and 2 jobs so far.. they were cheap when I bought them but haven't been able to justify upgrading yet due to not wearing them often). What's the best deal?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?