The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
43%
Yeah, kind of
17%
Ehh, hoping for the best
15%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
19%

Total votes: 47

34iplaw

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:30 pm

HAPPY 1776th POST

[+] Spoiler

: cry :
Last edited by 34iplaw on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Same. Def notice a tangible difference in QoL in the non-winter months. Just being able to go for walks/runs in the park on the reg and wear short sleeves and stuff is fucking amazing.

I don't want to say I suffer from SAD, but man does it ever feel like it once winter hits. I think a better climate and location would directly affect my LS success honestly. Not feeling like I can't go outside without being miserable for half the year would be the best thing. I really really hope Berkeley turns things around and that Duke and UVA continue to flourish, lol. Please please please.

Know what you mean. Duke is soaring in my books rn and this is 90% why. Plz plz.

Duke is sweet. I think it'd also be cool to get a taste of proper university sports.

Would be a change from being in the middle of a city, but the campus is gorgeous. And oh so many trees.

Being in the middle of a city doesn't appeal to me much, to be honest. That's what my current school is like, and I wish there was more of a campus feel... more spirit, green space, etc. I definitely feel pretty meh about the locations and campuses of urban law schools.

Also, looking at the LSN Yale graph... looks pretty damn good for you my friend.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:32 pm

galeatus wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I turn into a completely different person when the weather's nice.
SUNS OUT GUNS OUTS. SURF'S UP, KIDS.

It's soooOoOOoOOOO humid. :x

Feels like the motherland Berkeley, California. This is glorious.

I'm pretty excited about patio season. I've made it my mission to find the cheapest pitcher of beer in town.

Dude yes. Oh man. Fucking finally.
That's a good goal. I approve.

Seriously, my favourite part of the year. It'd be so wicked awesome to live somewhere where there was more than 5 months of patio weather in the year.

Says the one who would seriously consider London.

Honestly summer in London is freaking awesome

as long as you don't succumb to seasonal depression before June

Oh I love London. I spent plenty of time kicking a ball around in Hyde Park during the summer. It's my favourite city in the world and I would be very very happy living there. That being said, the weather is still shite compared to NC or Virginia.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 pm

34iplaw wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Same. Def notice a tangible difference in QoL in the non-winter months. Just being able to go for walks/runs in the park on the reg and wear short sleeves and stuff is fucking amazing.

I don't want to say I suffer from SAD, but man does it ever feel like it once winter hits. I think a better climate and location would directly affect my LS success honestly. Not feeling like I can't go outside without being miserable for half the year would be the best thing. I really really hope Berkeley turns things around and that Duke and UVA continue to flourish, lol. Please please please.

Know what you mean. Duke is soaring in my books rn and this is 90% why. Plz plz.

Duke is sweet. I think it'd also be cool to get a taste of proper university sports.

Phsh. I got that out of my system. Our basketball team made the Sweet 16 when I was a UG for the first time ever... yep, I went to a student athlete powerhouse.

I'm jealous. We only have 1 sporting event a year where students party!

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 pm

34iplaw wrote:HAPPY 1776th POST

[+] Spoiler

A sad, hollow echo of your 1776th post in the September '16 study group last year. What has America become.

at least I think it was you.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

A sad, hollow echo of your 1776th post in the September '16 study group last year. What has America become.

America is a mess.

I can't decide if it's been like this for awhile but I've just gotten more aware of social issues as I've gotten older or if it's really just going to shit.

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

America is a mess.

I can't decide if it's been like this for awhile but I've just gotten more aware of social issues as I've gotten older or if it's really just going to shit.

Everything's made up and the points don't matter - #2017

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:40 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

America is a mess.

this sounds super cynical and nihilistic but, since becoming apart of the full time work force (plus dat dere overtime), my care for a lot of issues social, political, etc. has dropped dramatically. Pretty much my biggest concern is getting 6 hours of sleep and not passing out on the job.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:40 pm

Also, can't WAIT until that Asian man that was dragged off that United flight sues everybody involved lol.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:41 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

America is a mess.

this sounds super cynical and nihilistic but, since becoming apart of the full time work force (plus dat dere overtime), my care for a lot of issues social, political, etc. has dropped dramatically. Pretty much my biggest concern is getting 6 hours of sleep and not passing out on the job.

Eh, I think since a lot of the issues are tied to being a minority and/or a woman, I'll care even when I'm sleep-deprived lol

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Last edited by dj9i27 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

America is a mess.

It probably was me. It's a post number that I would generally gun for.

Eh - it's a bit hard to say. There's sort of a rising tide of the rhetoric that Trump got elected on across the globe, and it's fairly pervasive across the political aisles (strictly talking about the nationalism and protectionism.)

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Would be a change from being in the middle of a city, but the campus is gorgeous. And oh so many trees.

Being in the middle of a city doesn't appeal to me much, to be honest. That's what my current school is like, and I wish there was more of a campus feel... more spirit, green space, etc. I definitely feel pretty meh about the locations and campuses of urban law schools.

Also, looking at the LSN Yale graph... looks pretty damn good for you my friend.

Yeah, I think I'd def prefer warm and green to a freezing concrete jungle (aka here). But not being able to walk down the road to a 24 hour store whenever I want and having to drive and stuff would take some getting used to.

They still have a lot of decisions to make, and judging by numbers they're almost done acceptances. Mystic Alex says the thread will turn into firing squad soon (possibly a WL firing squad). No one ever has more than a coin flip chance at Y.

Mmm, that's true. I'll probably end up being a super lazy 1L and just get a meal plan for the first year. When I'm busy I tend to forget to go to stores and eat. :P

It looks like if you're 177+ and 3.8+, you're either accepted or wait-listed. There were no straight up rejects with those stats last cycle on LSN. That's pretty much as good a shot as you'll get. Especially when we can't really tell who rode out the wait-list and who withdrew.

But still, have no hope. Hope is the devil in snake form, tempting youuuuuuuuu.
Last edited by oopsu812 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

America is a mess.

BRI WHERE YA BEEN?? Did you deposit at Mich?

Certain things are on the rise, especially far right populism + nationalism, but I think it's been pretty fucked up for a while. Often doesn't seem like it but I think we're making slow but steady progress in the right direction in most areas. I feel like a lot of the things are being run by out of touch boomers, but I have a bit more hope when it comes to our generation. (At least, that's my attempt to be positive.)

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Alexandros wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

[+] Spoiler

America is a mess.

BRI WHERE YA BEEN?? Did you deposit at Mich?

Certain things are on the rise, especially far right populism + nationalism, but I think it's been pretty fucked up for a while. Often doesn't seem like it but I think we're making slow but steady progress in the right direction in most areas. I feel like a lot of the things are being run by out of touch boomers, but I have a bit more hope when it comes to our generation. (At least, that's my attempt to be positive.)

I deposited at Mich a few days ago! Just been trying to get a sublet situated for the summer.

And yeah, I think there's way too many old white men in politics right now lol. I think we need more diversity to better represent the country. But who knows what'll happen.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:05 pm

No one ITT obvs but, man, certain people on here reallyyy tick me off sometimes, smh.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Alexandros wrote:No one ITT obvs but, man, certain people on here reallyyy tick me off sometimes, smh.

I've just started ignoring posts of ppl I know bother me lol

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Alexandros wrote:No one ITT obvs but, man, certain people on here reallyyy tick me off sometimes, smh.

who/what/where

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:07 pm

proteinshake wrote:

who/what/where

((vague posts))

abujabal

Bronze

Postby abujabal » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Alexandros wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

who/what/where

((vague posts))

err that bracket situation in this context is unintentional I hope?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Alexandros wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

Yeah smart plan.

Lol, you know, I feel like irl it's only very rarely that I run into people who legit lack social skills / try to start random shit / are just sorta ???wtf??? but the proportion in these fora make me legit concerned sometimes. I realize it's probably a combo of the people internet forums attract and that people keep things more under wraps when interacting IRL, but, oh boy. :lol:

Yeah, I think it's mostly a matter of anonymity --> boldness that would never happen IRL lol

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:18 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

Yeah smart plan.

Lol, you know, I feel like irl it's only very rarely that I run into people who legit lack social skills / try to start random shit / are just sorta ???wtf??? but the proportion in these fora make me legit concerned sometimes. I realize it's probably a combo of the people internet forums attract and that people keep things more under wraps when interacting IRL, but, oh boy. :lol:

Yeah, I think it's mostly a matter of anonymity --> boldness that would never happen IRL lol

People showing their true selves and it's not very pretty. :lol:

adcomms / HR ppl should hire me to go around TLS scouting out people with major character defects.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm slightly more likely to make horrible puns online than in person. I've gone quite wild ITT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?