The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:I got mocha flavored when and it's pretty bad. got a small size since I was waiting for my 8 Lb bag of MyProtein to get here. never buying anything except chocolate and unflavored again!

I've always gotten optimum because change scares me.

Finally got used to this total BB gym. little intimidating when guys who look like Kai Greene and Big Ramy are walking around but they are really cool and have tips when you lift with them. still I feel small

I've been using optimum for years, but it's just overpriced. I got 8 lbs of this Whey Isolate (and thats 100% Isolate, unlike ON) and it was $60. ON is 5 lbs for $60 and it's a mix of isolate and concentrate.

hmmm, since I really only use protein powder to not go insane from drinking water I'll look into them

doooo itttt. just make sure you use one of the discount codes. they're number one on LabDoor so I was pretty confident with my purchase.

Isn't Myprotein a European company? I just see a lot of europe athletes sponsored by them... but maybe not. Thats a good deal. might have to check them out next protein re-up. Right now im taking ON Platinum Hydro Whey.

Hydro Whey is overpriced imo, the only thing I'd pay a premium for is preworkout because I can feel a difference from brand to brand. Still no clue about my protein, I'll give them a shot when I have to reup

I wanted to give hydrolyzed a shot... I took GNCs version over the summer and I seemed to notice a difference, but wanted to see again just to check but prob 100% whey provides pretty much the same benefit. I htink only diff is absorption % and then there are some extra aminos in Platinum

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:03 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
I wanted to give hydrolyzed a shot... I took GNCs version over the summer and I seemed to notice a difference, but wanted to see again just to check but prob 100% whey provides pretty much the same benefit. I htink only diff is absorption % and then there are some extra aminos in Platinum

Maybe I'll look into it, the longer I lift tho the more I've began to prioritize food and preworkout. Protein is a nice change of pace from water so I need tasty chocolate milk in the form of powder.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Oh durr. I'm gonna have to start freaking out about courses again soon ITT.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:18 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:

Maybe I'll look into it, the longer I lift tho the more I've began to prioritize food and preworkout. Protein is a nice change of pace from water so I need tasty chocolate milk in the form of powder.

I will. Yeah i try to all my protein from food sources, but its good immediately post-workout or even pre if you havent eaten to get some protein quickly absorbed. As far as 100% whey vs. Hydrolyzed, hydrolyzed is supposed to have a better absorption percentage, but I don't know if its a justifiable difference. I just buy it when I have the extra cash because its supposed to be better, but well see...

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Alexandros wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I have the shittiest attention span on the planet. Like this is really bad I can't do things for extended periods of time and it's fucking with my productivity. I don't have ADD or anything, so I dunno, I just suck.

We all go through this. Sometimes im ultra-productive and sometimes I just cant focus to write my name on the paper... Ive contemplated "ADD" before too but def not it haha. Its annoying. I started taking an everyday nootropic supplement called MindLab Pro which is supposed to naturally increase brain function over time ... hoping it works even a bit. Body and brain getting extra LEAN this yr !!!

Yeah it's frustrating as fuck eh haha.
Lemme know how it works! I've had very limited success with study drugs but something natural might work better.

I've been taking it since the end of January and I noticed subtle affects, but its not like an adderall or other nootropics where you take right before you sit down to work and are instantly focused. You take this in the morning and its supposed to be more of a long-term and sustainable approach. I have noticed that I am able to focus a little longer and harder, but I still have natural situations where I can't focus worth shit. Look at the studies on their website.. pretty impressive. Hopefully, after about 6 months of taking it there is some brain memory, retention, and agility bonuses for me.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:43 pm

New Mike Posner song is lit.

I drunkenly ordered firewood to a house party for a bonfire. Apparently, you can get firewood delivered in NYC late at night in as little as two hours. Thanks Amazon Prime Now!

Side note: for a LOCI attached to an e-mail, thoughts on...

1) how much of the original letter format should be preserved?
i.e. return address and school admissions office address

2) signing the letter by hand and sending a scan of that?
i.e.
sincerely,
fancy signature because I have dope cursive
my name in print

vs.
sincerely,
boring name in print

3) single line vs double line vs 1.15 vs 1.5?

4) whether one includes the header text that you used on other application materials

(also, super curious as to whether I should do a little prep before the digital may or just do it lukewarm)

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Alexandros wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:I have the shittiest attention span on the planet. Like this is really bad I can't do things for extended periods of time and it's fucking with my productivity. I don't have ADD or anything, so I dunno, I just suck.

We all go through this. Sometimes im ultra-productive and sometimes I just cant focus to write my name on the paper... Ive contemplated "ADD" before too but def not it haha. Its annoying. I started taking an everyday nootropic supplement called MindLab Pro which is supposed to naturally increase brain function over time ... hoping it works even a bit. Body and brain getting extra LEAN this yr !!!

Yeah it's frustrating as fuck eh haha.
Lemme know how it works! I've had very limited success with study drugs but something natural might work better.

I've been taking it since the end of January and I noticed subtle affects, but its not like an adderall or other nootropics where you take right before you sit down to work and are instantly focused. You take this in the morning and its supposed to be more of a long-term and sustainable approach. I have noticed that I am able to focus a little longer and harder, but I still have natural situations where I can't focus worth shit. Look at the studies on their website.. pretty impressive. Hopefully, after about 6 months of taking it there is some brain memory, retention, and agility bonuses for me.

Yeah, for me stronger things aren't worth the side effects I get from them (nausea, sleep problems, mood issues, etc) but something more subtle might work well. I'll look into it.

I feel the same way. I did a ton of research over winter break regarding this. because performance enhancing supplements are always great, but I was mostly worried about the side effects including if I got ADD tested and got a prescription from the doctor. I was really scared about dependency, those type of side effects you described and also just losing creativity that results from dependency. There are certain people who truly need it, but through my experiences I have some friends who got diagnosed ADD and prescribed Adderall and so they actually have it and perform better with the drug, but did fine (just struggled a bit or mostly, just now they perform better) before hand, but now they cant do anything without. I know some people who will take it in the morning now to just be "productive" and clean the house/make food or to just read a leisure book. And, I was scared of dependency harming me in those areas.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:49 pm

chargers21 wrote:.

no. Blueprint, for example, requires a 170. only a few companies require a 172 or something like that.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 pm

proteinshake wrote:

no. Blueprint, for example, requires a 170. only a few companies require a 172 or something like that.

Oh, okay. Never really looked into it, just going off of what I've seen anecdotally. Is it not weird for a 3L to be a tutor, likely up to and immediately after graduation?

LittleCrab

New

Postby LittleCrab » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Do anyone have any recommendation on free studying materials online? I ordered $300+ worth of books online, but they won't get here until late next week. I already went through LSAC website's materials....now I'm just anxious...

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:41 pm

chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

Oh, okay. Never really looked into it, just going off of what I've seen anecdotally. Is it not weird for a 3L to be a tutor, likely up to and immediately after graduation?

I think 3L is the chilliest year so he might just be trying to make some side money or something

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:42 pm

LittleCrab wrote:Do anyone have any recommendation on free studying materials online? I ordered $300+ worth of books online, but they won't get here until late next week. I already went through LSAC website's materials....now I'm just anxious...

sample chapters -- http://www.thelsattrainer.com/sample-chapters.html

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:47 pm

LittleCrab wrote:Do anyone have any recommendation on free studying materials online? I ordered $300+ worth of books online, but they won't get here until late next week. I already went through LSAC website's materials....now I'm just anxious...

Manhattan Prep, PowerScore, 7Sage, LsatHacks and Velocity for explanations. Or you can go to 180pedia.com/every-lsat-practice-test which is easy to navigate and the bottom every page will have links to explanations from those 5 sources and some of its own.

I made that site (don't quote this part of post) but just want to be upfront that it's a semi self plug. I think you'll find it helpful though!

LittleCrab

New

Postby LittleCrab » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm

proteinshake wrote:

sample chapters -- http://www.thelsattrainer.com/sample-chapters.html

Thank you!!!

LittleCrab

New

Postby LittleCrab » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:57 pm

34iplaw wrote:

Manhattan Prep, PowerScore, 7Sage, LsatHacks and Velocity for explanations. Or you can go to 180pedia.com/every-lsat-practice-test which is easy to navigate and the bottom every page will have links to explanations from those 5 sources and some of its own.

Thank you! This definitely helps : )
Last edited by LittleCrab on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:08 pm

LittleCrab wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

I...though!

Thank you! This definitely helps : )

Glad to hear! If possible, just delete the line "I ... thought!" part of the quote. Not a big deal either way, but it reduces what little anonymity I have left :D
Last edited by 34iplaw on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Alexandros wrote:Meanwhile on TLS: someone has the opportunity to take Stanny at 30k (an outcome I would straight-up murder for) and is considering going into big debt at H because of lay prestige.

Wot the wot m8.

Take S and make sure you let everyone know that Legally Blonde was actually about S if you care so much about lay prestige. Case solved! :D

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Meanwhile on TLS: someone has the opportunity to take Stanny at 30k (an outcome I would straight-up murder for) and is considering going into big debt at H because of lay prestige.

Wot the wot m8.

Take S and make sure you let everyone know that Legally Blonde was actually about S if you care so much about lay prestige. Case solved! :D

And like lmao bruh we're talking about Stanford. Since fucking when does Stanford not have lay prestige.

Like if you're talking about Mich vs HLS fair (not that lay prestige should come into a LS decision). But this is fucking Stanford vs Harvard.

Yeah - absolutely agree. In terms of lay prestige, H=Y=S and those maybe have a bit more lay prestige than UPenn, Chicago, and Columbia. All six of these schools are notably amazing in every program they offer, and they all offer just about every type of study. Maybe that isn't the best sense of lay prestige, but I think it's a fairly good proxy for it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?