The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

chargers21

Gold

BERKELEY LSAT RETAKERS

Postby chargers21 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:51 am

Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Wonder if the post in the 2016 employment thread on Chi's numbers is correct. If H and Chi are both at 19% fed clerks then shiiiiieeeeet.

Wasn't duke at like 15%? business is apparently booming right now. Which means that when I graduate law school I'll be just in time for the bubble to burst :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

On your LOR concerns, you're in neuro at Berk so a small class size lab should be available like it was for me at Berk right?

Yeah, Duke's is ... holy fuck. :shock: Really great to see these numbers.

Yes there are small labs here at UC Berkeley in Berkeley, California but taught by grad students and barely any neuro ones. A few small seminars though.

Oh, my labs at THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT BERKELEY IN BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA #GOGOLDENBEARS #CALIFORNIAREPUBLIC were taught by the most uber preftigious professors with Harvard creds and I shredded those labs and the profs seemed to love me so I had easy high weight LORs just from those. Plus I TA'd for Ivy credential professors whose classes I previously shredded. If you are really worried, find a course that you killed in a major department with TAs and just start requesting to TA with the prof or do research with them

chargers21

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby chargers21 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:54 am

Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:BTW, UChicago is amazing and when a few of you manage Rubies it's a no brainer. I might commit there in a few weeks which would be a complete change of course for me all within a month. I am seriously pissed that I like it as much as I do. The preftige is outa this world in a "I can just feel it in my bones as soon as I step on campus" kind of way.

Sounds like you can't go wrong either way.

Yeah I srsly don't get posts that are like "I have a Ruby at Chi but I kinda like H better so much preftige and such wow employment barrack obama, but would have to 100% debt-finance, I dunno what to do. :( "

I think I'm about to debt finance UChi and I don't like the cold one bit if that says anything. It carries all the Harvard swag without the pretentiousness. (but if you want to act like "yeah, I went to Chicago so I'm better than you" it's still warranted and statistically allowed #ChicagoIsTheHarvardOfTheMidwest)

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: BERKELEY LSAT RETAKERS

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:01 am

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:05 am

.... Did Mikey do that to the title.
So glad you're retaking with me, Galeatus and Bri (where is she?? come the fuck back), Chargers. :) :) :) :) #200orbust

chargers21

Gold

Re: BERKELEY LSAT RETAKERS

Postby chargers21 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 am

Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Wonder if the post in the 2016 employment thread on Chi's numbers is correct. If H and Chi are both at 19% fed clerks then shiiiiieeeeet.

Wasn't duke at like 15%? business is apparently booming right now. Which means that when I graduate law school I'll be just in time for the bubble to burst :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

On your LOR concerns, you're in neuro at Berk so a small class size lab should be available like it was for me at Berk right?

Yeah, Duke's is ... holy fuck. :shock: Really great to see these numbers.

Yes there are small labs here at UC Berkeley in Berkeley, California but taught by grad students and barely any neuro ones. A few small seminars though.

Oh, my labs at THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT BERKELEY IN BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA #GOGOLDENBEARS #CALIFORNIAREPUBLIC were taught by the most uber preftigious professors with Harvard creds and I shredded those labs and the profs seemed to love me so I had easy high weight LORs just from those. Plus I TA'd for Ivy credential professors whose classes I previously shredded. If you are really worried, find a course that you killed in a major department with TAs and just start requesting to TA with the prof or do research with them

Ah that's nice. I'm jealous. Looked and I don't think any lab courses even count for my degree - You get labs in chem and stuff but not neuro. My skool sux.

Undergrads don't usually TA here, and I'm already pretty involved in RA work, and also doing honours research, so don't really have much time for more on my plate. I'm sure I'll get it worked out though - not that dire of a situation yet, lol. Fortunately you only need 2, not 5 or something. :lol:

Berk offers like 7 different neuro labs as basic sign up classes, and 2 were required for the major (not that I would know because I majored in non-newtonian experimental nuclear space physics)

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:11 am

Alexandros wrote:.... Did Mikey do that to the title.
So glad you're retaking with me, Galeatus and Bri (where is she?? come the fuck back), Chargers. :) :) :) :) #200orbust

Gonna go get that 200 for full ride at Princeton Law fam

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:13 am

galeatus wrote:

That's the sprit! :)

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:14 am

That mighTTT have been me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wish I would have jumped on this forum while I was an actual waiter instead of a preftige whore so I could have witnessed your personality pre-197 #200tilIdie

Bri committed and is now ghosting the retaker (lulz :lol: ) thread
I'm about to start the "Official June 2018 Study Group" thread for when I don't get my money and decide that painting houses or whatever "soft" sciences majors do after graduating is worth the wait to try for a named scholly or Harvard, which I know I'm capable of but I just "pissed the bed" on LSAT day multiple times

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:15 am

galeatus wrote:

When I told my friend I was looking at law school he told me to go to Princeton so I could be like Hilary Duff in A Cinderella Story.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:20 am

oopsu812 wrote:
galeatus wrote:

When I told my friend I was looking at law school he told me to go to Princeton so I could be like Hilary Duff in A Cinderella Story.

shouldn't you be watching hockey?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:24 am

oopsu812 wrote:
galeatus wrote:

Yeah, friend of mine told me to gun for Princeton too, but no Hilary Duff references, sadly.
Same dear fellow that gave me a bunch of 'what an LSAT is' advice after I told him I was taking in 2 weeks. (Great guy, just one of those.)

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:25 am

chargers21 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
galeatus wrote:

Hilary Duff comes before hockey.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:28 am

oopsu812 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
galeatus wrote:

TCR.

Also they keep playing curling on the screens the gym, may lodge a complaint.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:32 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
galeatus wrote:

TCR.

That'd be an unacceptable complaint. Brad Gushue is a national treasure my friend.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:41 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
galeatus wrote:

TCR.

That'd be an unacceptable complaint. Brad Gushue is a national treasure my friend.

Oh dear.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:44 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

TCR.

Oh dear.

You can't just sweep him to the side or skip over him. He's had to hustle and hurry hard the whole way to Worlds. I definitely have a Newfound respect for him.

Wow, I'm becoming a dad.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:46 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

TCR.

Oh dear.

You can't just sweep him to the side or skip over him. He's had to hustle and hurry hard the whole way to Worlds. I definitely have a Newfound respect for him.

Wow, I'm becoming a dad.

I've never heard of this guy in my life.

I nominate Oopsu for Official Dad of the September 2017 study group.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:48 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

TCR.

Oh dear.

Wow, I'm becoming a dad.

I've never heard of this guy in my life.

I nominate Oopsu for Official Dad of the September 2017 study group.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:50 am

What an honour. :cry: :cry:

I promise I will continue to punish you all with my horrible sense of humour.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:53 am

oopsu812 wrote:What an honour. :cry: :cry:

I promise I will continue to punish you all with my horrible sense of humour.

man, I really need to develop an internet forum schtick so I can receive preftigious honorary titles

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:54 am

Alexandros wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Man, I am so torn on this Syria thing.
Anyhoo time to go back to cycle lurking.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s ... n_20170406
I readed this

Half of me is like, about fucking time. other half remembers it's Donald Trump and he has no fucking clue what he's doing. Mattis seems to mostly have his head screwed on right tho, as far as I can tell.

thank god it's not the US targeting rebel forces with our good friends Putin and Assad, which seemed like a legit possibility for a while there.

not that there's a world outside of law skewl apps and final exams here at UC Berkeley.

Yea- id be a little more worried if Mattis wasn't there..

And, Dude end of semester Drowning me rn...I feel you. Just 5 weeks left to push through and then i can enjoy livign day in and day out LSAT all summer with some vacays here and there ;P

Yeah was pleasantly surprised by that pick all and all.

hang in there dude. You got this. 8) hope you get some serious chill time over the summer - you've had a hell of a lot going on for a while. about 3 wks more over here then I'm out, god bless.

Thanks man! I will. Yeah its literally been non-stop for a year now. I have two cool trips planned this summer and right after grad in May Ill have some time to relax back home. Definitely looking forward to it.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:56 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Man, I am so torn on this Syria thing.
Anyhoo time to go back to cycle lurking.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s ... n_20170406
I readed this

Half of me is like, about fucking time. other half remembers it's Donald Trump and he has no fucking clue what he's doing. Mattis seems to mostly have his head screwed on right tho, as far as I can tell.

thank god it's not the US targeting rebel forces with our good friends Putin and Assad, which seemed like a legit possibility for a while there.

not that there's a world outside of law skewl apps and final exams here at UC Berkeley.

Yea- id be a little more worried if Mattis wasn't there..

And, Dude end of semester Drowning me rn...I feel you. Just 5 weeks left to push through and then i can enjoy livign day in and day out LSAT all summer with some vacays here and there ;P

Yeah was pleasantly surprised by that pick all and all.

hang in there dude. You got this. 8) hope you get some serious chill time over the summer - you've had a hell of a lot going on for a while. about 3 wks more over here then I'm out, god bless.

Thanks man! I will. Yeah its literally been non-stop for a year now. I have two cool trips planned this summer and right after grad in May Ill have some time to relax back home. Definitely looking forward to it.

Dope! Glad to hear it.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Another Yale bloodbath starting.

Some of the rejects are scary.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:10 pm

oopsu812 wrote:Another Yale bloodbath starting.

Some of the rejects are scary.

Lol just came on here to post that.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:19 pm

THIS IS NERVEEEWRACKINNGGG.
See, this is why I'm not even gonna bother dreaming about Y. Just gonna end up disappointed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?