The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
20
44%
Yeah, kind of
8
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
6
13%
Not prepared but screw it
3
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
8
18%
 
Total votes: 45

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

Russia is still super poor (more poor than the US) and has an inferior military in comparison to us. I'm more worried about another pointless trillion dollar ground war happening again, or a world where the draft is reinstated.

Yeah, worried about the latter.

Mikey, Russia doesn't stand a chance against the US and Putin knows that. Russia and China allied maybe but that's not going to happen.

I mean, Russia alone can handle themselves for a while but I don't think long-term. they have some brolic nuclear weapons

Npret

Silver
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Npret » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

Russia is still super poor (more poor than the US) and has an inferior military in comparison to us. I'm more worried about another pointless trillion dollar ground war happening again, or a world where the draft is reinstated.

Yeah, worried about the latter.

Mikey, Russia doesn't stand a chance against the US and Putin knows that. Russia and China allied maybe but that's not going to happen.

You guys don't think this is just to distract from the Congressional investigation into the close ties between Trump and Russia?

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Mikey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

Russia is still super poor (more poor than the US) and has an inferior military in comparison to us. I'm more worried about another pointless trillion dollar ground war happening again, or a world where the draft is reinstated.

Yeah, worried about the latter.

Mikey, Russia doesn't stand a chance against the US and Putin knows that. Russia and China allied maybe but that's not going to happen.

I mean, Russia alone can handle themselves for a while but I don't think long-term. they have some brolic nuclear weapons

We do too though. Putin would be an idiot to start chucking nukes around. It's a very scary thought though.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Npret wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

Russia is still super poor (more poor than the US) and has an inferior military in comparison to us. I'm more worried about another pointless trillion dollar ground war happening again, or a world where the draft is reinstated.

Yeah, worried about the latter.

Mikey, Russia doesn't stand a chance against the US and Putin knows that. Russia and China allied maybe but that's not going to happen.

You guys don't think this is just to distract from the Congressional investigation into the close ties between Trump and Russia?

possibly. I always wondered if those rumors of Putin giving the U.S trump by hacking and shit was real. who knows

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Mikey » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Alexandros wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

Russia is still super poor (more poor than the US) and has an inferior military in comparison to us. I'm more worried about another pointless trillion dollar ground war happening again, or a world where the draft is reinstated.

Yeah, worried about the latter.

Mikey, Russia doesn't stand a chance against the US and Putin knows that. Russia and China allied maybe but that's not going to happen.

I mean, Russia alone can handle themselves for a while but I don't think long-term. they have some brolic nuclear weapons

We do too though. Putin would be an idiot to start chucking nukes around. It's a very scary thought though.

yeah, we can handle long-term war but either way, the thought definitely is scary

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:11 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Man, I am so torn on this Syria thing.
Anyhoo time to go back to cycle lurking.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s ... n_20170406
I readed this

Half of me is like, about fucking time. other half remembers it's Donald Trump and he has no fucking clue what he's doing. Mattis seems to mostly have his head screwed on right tho, as far as I can tell.

thank god it's not the US targeting rebel forces with our good friends Putin and Assad, which seemed like a legit possibility for a while there.

not that there's a world outside of law skewl apps and final exams here at UC Berkeley.


No investigation, no clear plan or strategy, bad idea. Plus how does this really help the Syrian people? It's also funny how the American way is to get really angry about chemical attacks on civilians(the US killed 200 civilians in Mosul a couple weeks ago, guess that's no big deal), but instead of letting those people come here, their way of helping is to bomb their country instead. Intervention and regime change in the Middle East hasn't worked in the past, and jumping into it like this wont work either.

Anyway, I welcome armageddon and not having to pay back student loans.

Yeah, agree on all your points. I just fucking hate Assad though. He's been slaughtering his people for six years with Russia, Iran, etc backing him and the global community has done nothing. In terms of atrocities, the Syrian regime trumps the US by far. In Syria at least, the regime's been responsible for more civilian casualties than fucking ISIS.

That said, the time to constructively intervene has long passed. Like you said, no clear plan, etc. and Trump has no fucking clue what he's doing.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:16 pm

we won't ever see a nuclear war, but a ground war with Russia still is a possibility. As corny as it sounds, Dr. Strangelove is a perfect example how a nuclear war would go.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:28 pm

dj9i27 wrote:we won't ever see a nuclear war, but a ground war with Russia still is a possibility. As corny as it sounds, Dr. Strangelove is a perfect example how a nuclear war would go.

In a proxy war, yeah. But WAR Russia v. USA would be dumb. Russia would only stand a chance against US hegemony if they had China's $$$ and China's not gonna go to war against us because it would be terrible for their economy.

Then again, that's assuming rational actors as heads of state, and that may be a flawed assumption especially where we're concerned.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Any big homies want to skim my pre-emptive LOCI / letter to make sure I remember everything from my time in yesterday?

Let me hit you in the DM.

Not really looking for technical edits but just trying to make sure that my points make sense and aren't too much of a reach.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4640
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby proteinshake » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:18 pm

.
Last edited by proteinshake on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:19 pm

proteinshake wrote:.

Congrats!!! Hope so too!

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Accidentally slept through all of my classes and woke up at at just about 3pm, & have been fucking up since.
Just so all of you feel better about yourselves this fine Friday. xoxo

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4640
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby proteinshake » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Alexandros wrote:Accidentally slept through all of my classes and woke up at at just about 3pm, & have been fucking up since.
Just so all of you feel better about yourselves this fine Friday. xoxo

had a terrible workout at the gym so i'm feeling like crap as well. :?

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Alexandros wrote:Accidentally slept through all of my classes and woke up at at just about 3pm, & have been fucking up since.
Just so all of you feel better about yourselves this fine Friday. xoxo


CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4640
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby proteinshake » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:28 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Accidentally slept through all of my classes and woke up at at just about 3pm, & have been fucking up since.
Just so all of you feel better about yourselves this fine Friday. xoxo


CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:35 pm

proteinshake wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Accidentally slept through all of my classes and woke up at at just about 3pm, & have been fucking up since.
Just so all of you feel better about yourselves this fine Friday. xoxo


CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

STFU OOPSU.
:oops:
:oops:

User avatar
oopsu812

Silver
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Accidentally slept through all of my classes and woke up at at just about 3pm, & have been fucking up since.
Just so all of you feel better about yourselves this fine Friday. xoxo


CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

STFU OOPSU.
:oops:
:oops:


<3

Glad I'm not the only one stalking the Yale thread.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:54 pm

34iplaw wrote:Any big homies want to skim my pre-emptive LOCI / letter to make sure I remember everything from my time in yesterday?

Let me hit you in the DM.

Not really looking for technical edits but just trying to make sure that my points make sense and aren't too much of a reach.

Prob won't be too helpful but feel free to hit me in the DM.

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Mikey wrote:
Npret wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

Russia is still super poor (more poor than the US) and has an inferior military in comparison to us. I'm more worried about another pointless trillion dollar ground war happening again, or a world where the draft is reinstated.

Yeah, worried about the latter.

Mikey, Russia doesn't stand a chance against the US and Putin knows that. Russia and China allied maybe but that's not going to happen.

You guys don't think this is just to distract from the Congressional investigation into the close ties between Trump and Russia?

possibly. I always wondered if those rumors of Putin giving the U.S trump by hacking and shit was real. who knows

I don't think there's much of a question whether Russia interfered with the election in terms of spreading fake news, etc. I haven't seen it claimed that they literally hacked the voting machines or whatever. I highly doubt the entire Trump administration is Russian spies - But, however in league they were/are with Russia, Trump as president was in Putin's interest. That said, there is undoubtedly a lot we don't know.

Npret, I think that's a possibility, but I doubt it was the only motivation.
People said the immigration ban was just a distraction from putting Bannon in the National Security Council, too. Among other things, I think that might be over-estimating how strong Trump's smoke and mirrors game is.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Any big homies want to skim my pre-emptive LOCI / letter to make sure I remember everything from my time in yesterday?

Let me hit you in the DM.

Not really looking for technical edits but just trying to make sure that my points make sense and aren't too much of a reach.

Prob won't be too helpful but feel free to hit me in the DM.


Thanks dude. Just slid into the DM. (And thanks:))

Alexandros

Platinum
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:05 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Any big homies want to skim my pre-emptive LOCI / letter to make sure I remember everything from my time in yesterday?

Let me hit you in the DM.

Not really looking for technical edits but just trying to make sure that my points make sense and aren't too much of a reach.

Prob won't be too helpful but feel free to hit me in the DM.


Thanks dude. Just slid into the DM. (And thanks:))

Got it! Will reply later this evening when I get the chance to read it thoroughly if that's ok, sorry about taking a century.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Any big homies want to skim my pre-emptive LOCI / letter to make sure I remember everything from my time in yesterday?

Let me hit you in the DM.

Not really looking for technical edits but just trying to make sure that my points make sense and aren't too much of a reach.

Prob won't be too helpful but feel free to hit me in the DM.


Thanks dude. Just slid into the DM. (And thanks:))

Got it! Will reply later this evening when I get the chance to read it thoroughly if that's ok, sorry about taking a century.


Totally fine. No rush at all homefry.

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:00 pm

(edited: something, something, something).. knocked out 3 solid LoR's. So much for worrying about getting them. They were all super ecstatic to help me out. Yay.
Last edited by twiix on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold
Posts: 4367
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:01 pm

I h8 u^

User avatar
twiix

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 pm

dj9i27 wrote:I h8 u^



.
Last edited by twiix on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests