The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Real talk, pretty sure the real reason I'm lurking the hell out of this cycle is because it's distracting me from reading the news and thus helping me pretend the real world outside of law skool admissions does not exist.

You can lurk all you want, but you don't REALLY have to freak out about next cycle like most of us. Your twins got into the best school there is, so worst case you end up at 2/3/4. With money. We are all still n00bs and haven't even taken the shitty test (and by we, I mean me.. but I know a few others).

I gave up on the news. There's no positive outcome anymore. We're past the point of no return. So why bother.

Your last sentences there are why I am choosing to freak out about next cycle.

Sorry if it's annoying though - I should stop. Our home-thread was taken from us so we are lost sheep desperate for a safe space to be neurotic.

I go to UC Berkeley and am retaking the LSAT.

[+] Spoiler

Remember these days alex?

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Real talk, pretty sure the real reason I'm lurking the hell out of this cycle is because it's distracting me from reading the news and thus helping me pretend the real world outside of law skool admissions does not exist.

You can lurk all you want, but you don't REALLY have to freak out about next cycle like most of us. Your twins got into the best school there is, so worst case you end up at 2/3/4. With money. We are all still n00bs and haven't even taken the shitty test (and by we, I mean me.. but I know a few others).

I gave up on the news. There's no positive outcome anymore. We're past the point of no return. So why bother.

Sorry if it's annoying though - I should stop. Our home-thread was taken from us so we are lost sheep desperate for a safe space to be neurotic.

ah you're good man, I don't mind. was just messin'. it's been a long day for me so sorry if that came across negatively. It wasn't meant to be. Damn internet sucking the tone out of my voice.

If it makes you feel better, at the rate we're going, world war 3 might happen by this time next cycle, and none of us could be here? So there's always that to look forward to; you wouldn't have to decide after all!

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

[+] Spoiler

Remember these days alex?

[+] Spoiler

Those were the days!

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 pm

TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

ah you're good man, I don't mind. was just messin'. it's been a long day for me so sorry if that came across negatively. It wasn't meant to be. Damn internet sucking the tone out of my voice.

If it makes you feel better, at the rate we're going, world war 3 might happen by this time next cycle, and none of us could be here? So there's always that to look forward to; you wouldn't have to decide after all!

No, didn't come across negatively at all! just wanted to apologize for continuously posting off-topic shit on y'all's thread. :lol:

No debt if WW3! :)

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

No, didn't come across negatively at all! just wanted to apologize for continuously posting off-topic shit on y'all's thread. :lol:

I do think we will see another land war in Europe within our lifetimes. Whether or not my draft card is still valid I couldn't say.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:08 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

I do think we will see another land war in Europe within our lifetimes. Whether or not my draft card is still valid I couldn't say.

yeah, not Western Europe. Eastern Europe could happen.
eta I cant read.
Last edited by Alexandros on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:11 pm

[+] Spoiler
It's going to be war when we kill the LSAT, right BOYYYSSSS?!

Sorry

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:12 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
[+] Spoiler
It's going to be war when we kill the LSAT, right BOYYYSSSS?!

Sorry

8) 8) 8) 8)

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Oh man, I'm watching some trash tv, and this girl's dialect is so bizarre and hard to understand, that they had to subtitle it. :P

Also, I think on Monday I'm going to photocopy every game from PT 1-40 a couple of times, and sort them by question type. Want to get going on LG before my summer semester starts.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Man, I am so torn on this Syria thing.
Anyhoo time to go back to cycle lurking.

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:56 pm

Alexandros wrote:Man, I am so torn on this Syria thing.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s ... n_20170406
I readed this

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:20 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

I readed this

Half of me is like, about fucking time. other half remembers it's Donald Trump and he has no fucking clue what he's doing. Mattis seems to mostly have his head screwed on right tho, as far as I can tell.

thank god it's not the US targeting rebel forces with our good friends Putin and Assad, which seemed like a legit possibility for a while there.

not that there's a world outside of law skewl apps and final exams here at UC Berkeley.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:28 am

so far this thread is the September16 retakers + oopsu

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:38 am

proteinshake wrote:so far this thread is the September16 retakers + oopsu

us retakers gotta stick together.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:07 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I readed this

Half of me is like, about fucking time. other half remembers it's Donald Trump and he has no fucking clue what he's doing. Mattis seems to mostly have his head screwed on right tho, as far as I can tell.

thank god it's not the US targeting rebel forces with our good friends Putin and Assad, which seemed like a legit possibility for a while there.

not that there's a world outside of law skewl apps and final exams here at UC Berkeley.

Yea- id be a little more worried if Mattis wasn't there..

And, Dude end of semester Drowning me rn...I feel you. Just 5 weeks left to push through and then i can enjoy livign day in and day out LSAT all summer with some vacays here and there ;P

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:21 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I readed this

Yea- id be a little more worried if Mattis wasn't there..

And, Dude end of semester Drowning me rn...I feel you. Just 5 weeks left to push through and then i can enjoy livign day in and day out LSAT all summer with some vacays here and there ;P

Yeah was pleasantly surprised by that pick all and all.

hang in there dude. You got this. 8) hope you get some serious chill time over the summer - you've had a hell of a lot going on for a while. about 3 wks more over here then I'm out, god bless.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:23 am

don't forget the kid that can't read LSN. I haven't sat yet.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:10 am

Alexandros wrote:

us retakers gotta stick together.

I'm retaking for the rest of my life

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Postby MediocreAtBest » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:02 am

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I readed this

No investigation, no clear plan or strategy, bad idea. Plus how does this really help the Syrian people? It's also funny how the American way is to get really angry about chemical attacks on civilians(the US killed 200 civilians in Mosul a couple weeks ago, guess that's no big deal), but instead of letting those people come here, their way of helping is to bomb their country instead. Intervention and regime change in the Middle East hasn't worked in the past, and jumping into it like this wont work either.

Anyway, I welcome armageddon and not having to pay back student loans.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:18 am

is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

dj9i27

Gold

Postby dj9i27 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Mikey wrote:is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

Russia is still super poor (more poor than the US) and has an inferior military in comparison to us. I'm more worried about another pointless trillion dollar ground war happening again, or a world where the draft is reinstated.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Alex is "living" vicariously through his numbers twins.

I'm almost debating getting a hotel. Exhausted. No want to drive home, but I can't leave now anyways bc I'll just be in traffic for 1,000 years.

I need something to live for.

Just get a hotel if you want to.

Drove home. Slept like 10 hours. Super wiped. Glad I drove though. If anyone visits UPenn Law without info sessions, do it on a day when other grad schools you may be interested in are doing stuff or reach out to them before. I basically ended up spending the day with the Wharton crew... it would have been a fairly dismal visit without it TBH. Also, the difference in the law school admissions office and MBA admissions office is kind of hilarious. One is a typical admissions office of a UGA. The other is a highly branded and stylized corporate lobby. Nothing wrong with either, but it was interesting at how apparent the difference was.

dj9i27 wrote:
Mikey wrote:is anyone else bugging out at the fact that Russia might actually fuck the U.S up rn

Russia is still super poor (more poor than the US) and has an inferior military in comparison to us. I'm more worried about another pointless trillion dollar ground war happening again, or a world where the draft is reinstated.

I'm not sure that a draft is a realistic (even if we disregard the politics of it) option for a country like the US in this day and age. Not many combat roles even seem low skill anymore. A war with Russia or even China isn't really of tremendous combat concern for the US. The concerns lie in other geopolitical outcomes and risks associated with nuclear weapons. I'm unaware if it has changed, but, IIRC, China could not feed its own population for any long period of time which would make war even riskier for them.

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:48 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

This is honestly one of my biggest fears.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:29 pm

dj9i27 wrote:

Yeah, worried about the latter.

Mikey, Russia doesn't stand a chance against the US and Putin knows that. Russia and China allied maybe but that's not going to happen.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:42 pm

There's nothing worse than 40 minutes of static-y elevator music while you're on hold.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?