The Official September 2017 Study Group

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
44%
Yeah, kind of
18%
Ehh, hoping for the best
13%
Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
18%

Total votes: 45

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:49 am

chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:.

I feel like I'm the only person that got into Chicago but not Northwestern, even as a younger applicant it confuses me. LSN doesn't allow filtering by age though, so maybe it is that strong of a factor. Cornell was a bloodbath, but I am still an outlier on LSN for this cycle regardless. Just weird

The median age for NU is 26. I think age/years out of school is a big factor in their decisions.
Yeah, Cornell was very weird this cycle.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:56 am

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

BoyJord

Bronze

Postby BoyJord » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:59 am

chargers21 wrote:Lack of cheap t13 options and negotiation tools really sucks. Northwestern, Cornell, and Vandy were the top 3 schools I was planning on attending when I applied so I really am finding it a bit comical to be left with options either below them or above them
edit: stupid ageists at NU

Curious, what are you hoping for with your cycle/what would make you enroll rather than retake? From my (uninformed) perspective you have some really exciting offers.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 am

Alexandros wrote:Felt like complete hell today. Hopefully just still sick, or completely stoned from too much melatonin and not enough sleep....

Would you recommend melatonin? I don't find antihistamines helpful. I'm constantly in this stupid cycle where I don't sleep well/at all, am exhausted the whole day but force myself to stay awake to try to get my sleep schedule back on track, but then get a sudden burst of energy when I try to sleep. Rinse and repeat.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:13 am

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:34 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Felt like complete hell today. Hopefully just still sick, or completely stoned from too much melatonin and not enough sleep....

Would you recommend melatonin? I don't find antihistamines helpful. I'm constantly in this stupid cycle where I don't sleep well/at all, am exhausted the whole day but force myself to stay awake to try to get my sleep schedule back on track, but then get a sudden burst of energy when I try to sleep. Rinse and repeat.

Yes, it helps get sleep schedules back to normal. Sometimes weird things like grogginess or light sleep but nothing extreme.
also if you drink coffee or anything caffeinated try to force yourself not to after like 2-3pm.

Also antihistamines don't work for me at all either. Seems like when I take them I sleep for like 15 hours and it's a disaster.

That said I have the exact same problem and I'm shit at solving it so not the person to be giving advice here.

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:42 am

Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

I feel like I'm the only person that got into Chicago but not Northwestern, even as a younger applicant it confuses me. LSN doesn't allow filtering by age though, so maybe it is that strong of a factor. Cornell was a bloodbath, but I am still an outlier on LSN for this cycle regardless. Just weird

The median age for NU is 26. I think age/years out of school is a big factor in their decisions.

Cornell's LSN graph for this cycle makes no freaking sense at all

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:39 am

Guess who's registered for yet another statistics course!! :) :) :)

BoyJord

Bronze

Postby BoyJord » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:24 am

chargers21 wrote:
BoyJord wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Lack of cheap t13 options and negotiation tools really sucks. Northwestern, Cornell, and Vandy were the top 3 schools I was planning on attending when I applied so I really am finding it a bit comical to be left with options either below them or above them

Curious, what are you hoping for with your cycle/what would make you enroll rather than retake? From my (uninformed) perspective you have some really exciting offers.

Thanks, I really am happy with how it has gone for the most part. I doubt I will end up retaking because unlike some people on here who always recommend sitting out and Alex who wants to sit out and do some fun stuff, I really do want to get my real life and career started. If I fall in love with Chicago at ASW and see it being worth near sticker or if Duke ups my scholly to a number where I'm comfortable I will be enrolling. USC also has an outside chance at landing me because it's a really good school at a great price, but I'm not sure if Cali suits me well

Gotcha. Well good luck on all counts. I will say that I love Chicago and when I visited UC I fell in love (I hope you have a similar experience). I'm currently riding the WL there and hoping to miraculously get in.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:44 am

oopsu812 wrote:Hey kids, where's the best resource for sorting things by question type?

https://7sage.com/question-bank/

7Sage also has a decent sorting tool. I'm not sure how accessible it is without a paid account however, so let me know.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:52 am

chargers21 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:

Lack of cheap t13 options and negotiation tools really sucks. Northwestern, Cornell, and Vandy were the top 3 schools I was planning on attending when I applied so I really am finding it a bit comical to be left with options either below them or above them

Not sure of your stats specifically but I knew a guy who was 50% LSAT and >75% GPA, applied to NW as a K-JD and never got accepted. His roommate applied with incredibly similar stats (2 point lower LSAT but same GPA to the tenths place, coming from the same major and UG), but had a year of work experience and got accepted within a month of applying.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:03 am

Can I just take a moment to say that the LSAT is stupid.

Sup y'all

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:09 am

Mikey wrote:Can I just take a moment to say that the LSAT is stupid.

Sup y'all

So is work. Every day I drive in hoping that somehow I'll get in an accident and break a leg and have to take off a few weeks to recover. I don't want anything super serious as far as injuries go.. just something mild to get me a doctors note.

Damn. All of the Neuroticism in this thread is rubbing off on me.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:13 am

TWiiX wrote:

Sup y'all

So is work. Every day I drive in hoping that somehow I'll get in an accident and break a leg and have to take off a few weeks to recover. I don't want anything super serious as far as injuries go.. just something mild to get me a doctors note.

Damn, that's deep.

I need to do some LG soon and not neglect it. I was super slow with the few games I did the other day, and need to get back to my robotic LG ways of being on auto with it

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 am

Just a small rant:

I think it's pretty unfair that Alex got the LSAT score he did and he doesn't even want to take mine for me. Seriously, not a good interwebz buddy.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:12 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 am

I got into UT today even though I said I didn't think I would :mrgreen:

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:43 am

chargers21 wrote:I got into UT today even though I said I didn't think I would :mrgreen:

Congrats man!! :D :D

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:45 am

littlewing67 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

Sup y'all

Omg this is me. It is torturous being a legal assistant. :( If I have nothing to be working on, pretending to be working on something is more work than if I had something to do...

I never have the thought of doing anything intentionally. But I would be lying if I didn't say there would be some underlying satisfaction of having a break with the mindless cycle I've been in throughout the LSAT process. You know what you're doing now is just a means to live off of and will change within the next few months/year/2 years and there is no satisfaction in your daily routine because it is completely unrelated to your underlying goals (law school/law career).

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:50 am

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:50 am

galeatus wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I got into UT today even though I said I didn't think I would :mrgreen:

Congrats man!! :D :D

Thanks! Fingers crossed for grand slam scholly!

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Postby tofuspeedstar » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:47 pm

oopsu812 wrote:

melatonin is awesome, everyone should take it and buy a memory foam mattress.

oopsu812

Silver

Postby oopsu812 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Alexandros wrote:Guess who's registered for yet another statistics course!! :) :) :)

Looooooooooooooove stats. I can't wait to take a stats course in the fall.

twiix

Silver

Postby twiix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:51 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Guess who's registered for yet another statistics course!! :) :) :)

Looooooooooooooove stats. I can't wait to take a stats course in the fall.

The engineering statistics & probability course I took my senior year of UG was the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life. I would never go back to those dark days. I SCRAPED by for like a C+ in there. We had 15 out of 30 students drop the course before the first midterm. :?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?