Not prepared but screw it
7%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
19%

Total votes: 42

Walliums

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Walliums » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 am

Hey guys, the June retakers group is putting together study partners, and I wanted to invite any of you all to join if you are interested. We're looking to match people based on strengths and weaknesses (ideally, for example, if you are weaker in LG but strong in RC, we would try to match you with a strong LG but weak RC study partner). Especially if September will not be your first take, I really encourage you to join. Survey is here: https://goo.gl/forms/0tFPigtJPAKgmGJ43

clueless801

Postby clueless801 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:26 pm

sukhvirlam wrote:
augustyyy wrote:
clueless801 wrote:Anyone know if there's a good LSAT specific watch app for the Apple Watch? Not that I'm about to buy one for that reason but it'd be good to know

I dont think you can use apple watch for the actual test it has to be a mechanical one. I am using the mastermind LSAT watch and do think it is better than a regular watch

I have this one. Its p great and has an adjustable top watchface/ring which allows you to set 0 at the current time to see when 35 mins is up. Its p useful.

https://www.amazon.ca/Casio-MRW200H-1BV ... words=dive

Thanks for the rec but I'm probably getting the LSAT Mastermind Watch after seeing my friends and how amazing it was.

On a side note, I was thinking of getting the Apple Watch for my own personal pleasure. Finding out whether there was an app for it would've resulted in me deciding to not get the LSAT Mastermind. Probably not getting the Apple Watch bc the world is too connected as is!

clueless801

Postby clueless801 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Walliums wrote:Hey guys, the June retakers group is putting together study partners, and I wanted to invite any of you all to join if you are interested. We're looking to match people based on strengths and weaknesses (ideally, for example, if you are weaker in LG but strong in RC, we would try to match you with a strong LG but weak RC study partner). Especially if September will not be your first take, I really encourage you to join. Survey is here: https://goo.gl/forms/0tFPigtJPAKgmGJ43

Just to be clear, this is for any retaker in September?

abujabal

Postby abujabal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Thrilled to get back into prep after a week off from it to deal with life. Pro-tip, don't arrange a cross-country move and your startup folding at the same time, wreaks havoc on the prep schedule...

Walliums

Postby Walliums » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:51 pm

clueless801 wrote:
Walliums wrote:Hey guys, the June retakers group is putting together study partners, and I wanted to invite any of you all to join if you are interested. We're looking to match people based on strengths and weaknesses (ideally, for example, if you are weaker in LG but strong in RC, we would try to match you with a strong LG but weak RC study partner). Especially if September will not be your first take, I really encourage you to join. Survey is here: https://goo.gl/forms/0tFPigtJPAKgmGJ43

Just to be clear, this is for any retaker in September?

Yes! There are some folks who are retaking from June (or other administrations) but are taking in December. If you want to be paired with someone taking September, there is a place for you to indicate it.

chargers21

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:04 pm

clueless801 wrote:
sukhvirlam wrote:
augustyyy wrote:
clueless801 wrote:Anyone know if there's a good LSAT specific watch app for the Apple Watch? Not that I'm about to buy one for that reason but it'd be good to know

I dont think you can use apple watch for the actual test it has to be a mechanical one. I am using the mastermind LSAT watch and do think it is better than a regular watch

I have this one. Its p great and has an adjustable top watchface/ring which allows you to set 0 at the current time to see when 35 mins is up. Its p useful.

Thanks for the rec but I'm probably getting the LSAT Mastermind Watch after seeing my friends and how amazing it was.

On a side note, I was thinking of getting the Apple Watch for my own personal pleasure. Finding out whether there was an app for it would've resulted in me deciding to not get the LSAT Mastermind. Probably not getting the Apple Watch bc the world is too connected as is!

Just an fyi, the apple watch would not be allowed on test day. Analog, non timing watches only

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:25 pm

chargers21 wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
sukhvirlam wrote:
augustyyy wrote:

Just an fyi, the apple watch would not be allowed on test day. Analog, non timing watches only

In addition, I would definitely recommend spending the extra $$$ on getting a LSAT specific watch like the Mastermind watch or the perfect score watch. They aren't that expensive and definitely worth it.

Impressionist

Postby Impressionist » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 pm

I can definitely vouch for the 180 watch. Makes it very easy to keep track of time and eases my timing concerns so I can focus on the test.

clueless801

Postby clueless801 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:59 pm

chargers21 wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
sukhvirlam wrote:
augustyyy wrote:

LOL I'm an idiot. I guess I was thinking "no shit, I wouldn't bring in an Apple Watch day of" but forgot to actually write it. No worries TLS folks!! Will NOT bring any contraband to the testing center!!

clueless801

Postby clueless801 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:In addition, I would definitely recommend spending the extra $$$ on getting a LSAT specific watch like the Mastermind watch or the perfect score watch. They aren't that expensive and definitely worth it.

I'm getting the Mastermind once I have a lil more spending cash! My friend got that and the Perfect Score one and Mastermind was clearly heaps and bounds better. Glad to see another rec for it though, thanks!

NeverOrNow

Postby NeverOrNow » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:51 pm

sukhvirlam wrote:
augustyyy wrote:

This is the one I have it's similar and cheap. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J ... UTF8&psc=1

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:55 pm

clueless801 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:In addition, I would definitely recommend spending the extra $$$ on getting a LSAT specific watch like the Mastermind watch or the perfect score watch. They aren't that expensive and definitely worth it.

I'm getting the Mastermind once I have a lil more spending cash! My friend got that and the Perfect Score one and Mastermind was clearly heaps and bounds better. Glad to see another rec for it though, thanks!

Nice! you wont be disappointed. I have both as well. Personally, I like that the mastermind face is bigger since I have a big wrist.

MikeSpivey

Postby MikeSpivey » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:21 pm

June LSAT test-takers were up 20%, fyi. Largest increase in I believe 8 years.

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:07 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:June LSAT test-takers were up 20%, fyi. Largest increase in I believe 8 years.

whoa

Anon-e-miss

Postby Anon-e-miss » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Does anyone feel as though their performance is pretty uniform, which leads to your score seeming to be a product of the scale?
For example, I have been getting 9 to 11 questions wrong on almost all of my recent PTs, yet my scores are fluctuating from the 169-172 range, oftentimes not in alignment with the harsher/easier scales.
I know I just need to work on improving my LR fundamentals (time has never been an issue for me aside from LG), but I can't help but feel that my score in September will be, in a large way, dependent on the 170 scale for the test (RIP if we get another -8 :shock: )

Barry grandpapy

Postby Barry grandpapy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:20 pm

PT 62 (Last time I took this was a few months ago)
RC -1
LR1 -0
LG -1
LR2 -1

I highly recommend taking quality breaks. Other than an LG drill last night and shitposting on this forum, this was the first LSAT thing I've done in over a month.

blrcdgjfk

Postby blrcdgjfk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:20 pm

any tips for those who are stuck in the high 160s (166-169)?

abujabal

Postby abujabal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:44 pm

abujabal wrote:Thrilled to get back into prep after a week off from it to deal with life. Pro-tip, don't arrange a cross-country move and your startup folding at the same time, wreaks havoc on the prep schedule...

Don't take breaks kids - -4 on an LR section swiftly followed by a -6 (-4 BR). This after being -2/-3 all of the week before my move. Dammit. Time to drill again.

Slippin' Jimmy

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Impressionist wrote:I can definitely vouch for the 180 watch. Makes it very easy to keep track of time and eases my timing concerns so I can focus on the test.

+180. Yeah it was super overpriced but I sold it to a TLSer for almost what I paid for.

Csupo

Postby Csupo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Just went 10/10 on an Assumption drill on Manhattan LR. Gah, I really hope this wasn't a fluke, and I've finally figured out this question type. Timed myself too and it took me exactly 13:19, which is just under 1:25 per question :lol:

chargers21

Postby chargers21 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:32 am

Anon-e-miss wrote:Does anyone feel as though their performance is pretty uniform, which leads to your score seeming to be a product of the scale?
For example, I have been getting 9 to 11 questions wrong on almost all of my recent PTs, yet my scores are fluctuating from the 169-172 range, oftentimes not in alignment with the harsher/easier scales.
I know I just need to work on improving my LR fundamentals (time has never been an issue for me aside from LG), but I can't help but feel that my score in September will be, in a large way, dependent on the 170 scale for the test (RIP if we get another -8 :shock: )

This actually seems kind of common. I was one of those people, at least during PTs, where I also missed between 9 to 11 regardless of test difficulty

chargers21

Postby chargers21 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:12 am

just a reminder to write a good personal statement

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bmb338

MediocreAtBest

Postby MediocreAtBest » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:09 am

chargers21 wrote:just a reminder to write a good personal statement

Wow. I would think those numbers would make up for a subpar PS. Seeing him underperform isn't comforting lol, bad PS or not.

chargers21

Postby chargers21 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:
chargers21 wrote:just a reminder to write a good personal statement

Wow. I would think those numbers would make up for a subpar PS. Seeing him underperform isn't comforting lol, bad PS or not.

Actually, the great numbers with a shitty PS scares schools off for yield reasons and job placement reasons moreso than lower numbers might. If the applicant has other great options and is disinterested in law, why would he actually go and why would he actually get a legal job sort of thing. Also, maybe if you're writing a PS geared towards east coast schools, not talking about how much you love California and would kill to be there would be a good idea.

If you have good numbers, don't just phone it in on the PS. Even a basic one like mine would do, with no real risks.

MediocreAtBest

Postby MediocreAtBest » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:18 pm

chargers21 wrote:Actually, the great numbers with a shitty PS scares schools off for yield reasons and job placement reasons moreso than lower numbers might. If the applicant has other great options and is disinterested in law, why would he actually go and why would he actually get a legal job sort of thing. Also, maybe if you're writing a PS geared towards east coast schools, not talking about how much you love California and would kill to be there would be a good idea.

If you have good numbers, don't just phone it in on the PS. Even a basic one like mine would do, with no real risks.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I hadn't really considered that perspective before. Having a shitty gpa is making me really focus on my PS, I think I have a compelling story and I've gotten some good advice on tls, plus one of my old english professors said he'd look over it also, so I'm feeling pretty good about maybe getting a slight boost from my PS.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”