The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

chewinggum

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by chewinggum » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Mikey wrote: Well, waiving your rights to see the LOR is actually better, imo. It shows that you trust your recommender enough to not see the letter, and you're basically saying that they are credible.
That's true. Now I'm stressed lol
I'm sure he'll send me a copy, but there's always a chance he doesn't and I would want to see it

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Preemptively joining this thread. Took the June administration yesterday, fingers crossed for a 170, but we'll see. I took an in-person Testmasters class, and had a PT average around 169-170. If I don't get in that ballpark on the June test, I'll work through the Trainer, take a ton of PTs, and try again in September.

As for the poll; brown liquor is far superior to anything clear, with bourbon and Islay scotch a cut above just about every other liquid.

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:19 pm

dj9i27 wrote:someone stole my squat rack so I'm pissed.

games and LR with 1 passage of RC at the beginning and end of studying, brb gon die
How the fuck does someone steal an entire squat rack? That sucks - sorry to hear.

Question for the assembled though: how do you get yourself out of the habit of being wary of answers because of an emerging pattern in choices. I'm not going to question my logic solely because I have 4 Ds in a row, but at the same time, it does raise a red flag. Thoughts?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:02 pm

abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:someone stole my squat rack so I'm pissed.

games and LR with 1 passage of RC at the beginning and end of studying, brb gon die
How the fuck does someone steal an entire squat rack? That sucks - sorry to hear.

Question for the assembled though: how do you get yourself out of the habit of being wary of answers because of an emerging pattern in choices. I'm not going to question my logic solely because I have 4 Ds in a row, but at the same time, it does raise a red flag. Thoughts?
3 in a row, no issues. 4 in a row has only happened like 3 times in the last decade or so? I'm not sure if the statistics of this was in this thread or the June waiter's thread. If you have 4, chances are one was wrong. There's an article about it, I'm sure if you google you'll find it.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote: As for the poll; brown liquor is far superior to anything clear, with bourbon and Islay scotch a cut above just about every other liquid.
Listen, here, I'm a fan of the brown stuff, but tequila is God's gift to man.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 pm

vtdelt wrote: 3 in a row, no issues. 4 in a row has only happened like 3 times in the last decade or so? I'm not sure if it was in this thread or the waiter's thread that we discussed this. If you have 4, chances are one was wrong. There's an article about it.
edit to prevent ban: reddit disagrees. Anyone curious go check out those law breakers

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:38 am

Platopus wrote:
vtdelt wrote: 3 in a row, no issues. 4 in a row has only happened like 3 times in the last decade or so? I'm not sure if it was in this thread or the waiter's thread that we discussed this. If you have 4, chances are one was wrong. There's an article about it.
edit to prevent ban: reddit disagrees. Anyone curious go check out those law breakers
Those degenerates have really alleviated some of my LR anxiety

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:50 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Yeah, in light of the recent test, some of the above advice doesn't quite hold anymore.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:00 am

chewinggum wrote:
Mikey wrote: Well, waiving your rights to see the LOR is actually better, imo. It shows that you trust your recommender enough to not see the letter, and you're basically saying that they are credible.
I'm sure he'll send me a copy, but there's always a chance he doesn't and I would want to see it
I really don't think you're allowed to see them if you waive the right to. I never saw any of mine, but I did get some handwritten notes about them in my acceptance letters. Apparently they were quite flattering.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:01 am

gin and beer are close firsts for me, followed by whiskey, then sizzurp :mrgreen:

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:57 am

chargers21 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
I really don't think you're allowed to see them if you waive the right to. I never saw any of mine, but I did get some handwritten notes about them in my acceptance letters. Apparently they were quite flattering.
I just mean my professor might show me. I took a few classes with him and frequented office hours anticipating an LOR.
Also, I'm waiting on you to change your avi to Andy Bernard

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 am

chewinggum wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
I just mean my professor might show me. I took a few classes with him and frequented office hours anticipating an LOR.
Also, I'm waiting on you to change your avi to Andy Bernard
I haven't decided yet :mrgreen:

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:04 am

chargers21 wrote: I haven't decided yet :mrgreen:
Have you visited?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:22 am

chewinggum wrote:
chargers21 wrote: I haven't decided yet :mrgreen:
Have you visited?
Can't type. Driving :lol:

bigflaw_ruleofjaw

New

Post by bigflaw_ruleofjaw » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:23 am

In. Moving in August, retaking in September. Hoping to do well enough to go to LS for free.

Tequila > Vodka > Gin > Whiskey > Beer > > > > > Rum

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:10 pm

bigflaw_ruleofjaw wrote:In. Moving in August, retaking in September. Hoping to do well enough to go to LS for free.

Tequila > Vodka > Gin > Whiskey > Beer > > > > > Rum
See yourself out of this group, peasant.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Platopus wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Yeah, in light of the recent test, some of the above advice doesn't quite hold anymore.
I wasn't commenting on the recent test, just providing information that had already been analyzed. Even if it's broken by the last test that doesn't impact how you should react to 4 in a row on PTs because that analysis still holds true for them. As to test day, for this last one and future ones, that's a whole different story. I would still be wary even if this last one was another exception to the rule but if I encountered it I would also hope that I'm confident in my logic that it doesn't phase me on test day. If the last test is another exception that would mean there's like 4 tests in a decade it still should be a red flag as far as a warning goes not change your answers unless you were unsure about a question. Without additional tests and trending we won't really know. All we can do is look at rate of occurrence over time as a partial factor for gut check. When/If it happens on future tests, you're just going to have to go with the answers you think are best.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:20 pm

TBH, I would never bother worrying about # of questions in an order on a test unless you had one you were really unsure about.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:TBH, I would never bother worrying about # of questions in an order on a test unless you had one you were really unsure about.
+1
See Gambler's fallacy. "D D D D" is not statistically less likely than "D E C A" or any other specific combination.
I would love to see a test where every answer in an incredibly difficult LG section is just D across the board, 24 times. That would REALLY fuck with a lot of people. To see the bitching/panic on the forums the afternoon after a test like that, priceless.

It's confirmed, I'm a masochist.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:44 pm

twiix wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:TBH, I would never bother worrying about # of questions in an order on a test unless you had one you were really unsure about.
+1
See Gambler's fallacy. "D D D D" is not statistically less likely than "D E C A" or any other specific combination.
I would love to see a test where every answer in an incredibly difficult LG section is just D across the board, 24 times. That would REALLY fuck with a lot of people. To see the bitching/panic on the forums the afternoon after a test like that, priceless.

Only if you're taking that test...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:47 pm

vtdelt wrote:
twiix wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
+1

I'm in. I don't bubble my answers until usually the 5 minute mark, so it wouldn't fuck with me as much as some others. Although I'd definitely shudder once I realized I had D's down the board. But at that point it would be too late for me to do anything about it.

Ira Hayes

New

Post by Ira Hayes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Did some RC practice today and I did pretty good but I didn't time myself, got -4 on PT so I'll take it. Games was a different story, hopefully I get that down soon or else I might postpone.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:52 pm

twiix wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
twiix wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
+1

I'm in. I don't bubble my answers until usually the 5 minute mark, so it wouldn't fuck with me as much as some others. Although I'd definitely shudder once I realized I had D's down the board. But at that point it would be too late for me to do anything about it.
That and you strike me as someone comfortable with getting a few Ds at once...

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:09 pm

34iplaw wrote:
twiix wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
twiix wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
+1

That and you strike me as someone comfortable with getting a few Ds at once...
As long as they come in pairs.
[+] Spoiler

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”