The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

littlewing67

Silver

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:09 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:11 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Mikey wrote:HOLY FUCK, I FINALLY BROKE A 170 ON A PT. Beyond excited right now, OMFG.

PT60: 170

LR: -3
LG: -0
LR: -5
RC: -3

Very unusual performance with LR, don't know where the -5 came from. This is the best I've ever done on RC :O
I know to a lot of people on here, a 170 is ehh but it's my first time breaking it so fuck off :mrgreen:
wooooo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: gratz on the gains keep it up

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:27 pm

Mikey wrote:HOLY FUCK, I FINALLY BROKE A 170 ON A PT. Beyond excited right now, OMFG.

Very unusual performance with LR, don't know where the -5 came from. This is the best I've ever done on RC :O
I know to a lot of people on here, a 170 is ehh but it's my first time breaking it so fuck off :mrgreen:
This calls for a celebration!
[+] Spoiler
[youtube]DTfBIMK8JZ4[/youtube]

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
This calls for a celebration!
[+] Spoiler
[youtube]DTfBIMK8JZ4[/youtube]
HAHA :mrgreen: :lol:

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Ayy!!! Congrats brotha! See, I told you with a relentless work ethic you will achieve it. Keep it up!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Awesome! Great place to be in. IDK if you log your stuff in 7Sage, but you definitely should - it adds to the fun of breaking the 170 barrier!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:44 pm

jagerbom79 wrote: Ayy!!! Congrats brotha! See, I told you with a relentless work ethic you will achieve it. Keep it up!!!
8) 8)
abujabal wrote: Awesome! Great place to be in. IDK if you log your stuff in 7Sage, but you definitely should - it adds to the fun of breaking the 170 barrier!
thanks! and yeah I do log my stuff into 7sage. Most of my PTs are within the mid 160's range so I'm happy about this 170 lol

creed

Bronze

Post by creed » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Congrats!!! That's awesome. Nothing feels quite like breaking a barrier. And you have plenty of time to keep improving, too! Well done.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:42 pm

creed wrote: Congrats!!! That's awesome. Nothing feels quite like breaking a barrier. And you have plenty of time to keep improving, too! Well done.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

digitality

New

Post by digitality » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Congrats, Mikey! this last week since I broke through for the first time has been by far my best week of studying. it's just so much less stressful knowing in the back of your head that you truly do have what it takes.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:11 pm

digitality wrote:
Congrats, Mikey! this last week since I broke through for the first time has been by far my best week of studying. it's just so much less stressful knowing in the back of your head that you truly do have what it takes.
Thanks! It definitely gives me a huge boost of confidence since I've been struggling tremendously with RC for a while and it has been the primary factor holding me back from a 170+.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:50 pm

PT 38
LR 1: -1
LR2: -2

I'm really craving a marg right now.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:PT 38
LR 1: -1
LR2: -2

I'm really craving a marg right now.
NICE!

I'll prob do 62 tomorrow but idk BLAH

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:48 pm

That's great! What's your aim/goal come Sept?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:09 pm

caramelizedgod wrote:

That's great! What's your aim/goal come Sept?
Anything that can get me into a T6 with some money honestly :lol: but seriously speaking, I'd be very happy with a 170.

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Hey guys, question here and would greatly appreciate any responses. My studying so far has consisted of purely the LSAT trainer and taking preptests. LR is by far my best section, averaging -6. This may not sound that great to some of you, but considering that I average about -8+ on LGs, LR is the least of my worries in terms of the other sections. LGs have just been absolutely killing me, and consistently keep me from reaching the scores I'd like on practice tests. I'm averaging about a 158/159 right now, with my personal best of 166, and a couple 160s. Considering that I started studying in mid May with a timed diagnostic of 144, I have come a long way. Took a practice test today and got a 158 with -11 on the LGs, I need to work this out before September. I intend on using preptests 29-60 for drilling purposes, especially games. I was wondering which book I should buy: LGB or the Manhattan LG guide? I've heard great things about both, but I have also read that Manhattan's approach to In/out games and grouping games is superior to that of the LGB, and grouping games are definitely one of my LG weaknesses. Also, I am averaging about -9 on RC and was wondering if I should also buy the Manhattan RC guide? With a little under 2 months left, what should my approach be? Given that I am a URM with a 3.69 GPA, I am aiming for a 160+ in September. I am already so close, so I just need suggestions on how to improve my LG and RC abilities, more importantly my LGs. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
Last edited by mmart207 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 pm

mmart207 wrote:Hey guys, question here and would greatly appreciate any responses. My studying so far has consisted of purely the LSAT trainer and taking preptests. LR is by far my best section, averaging -6. This may not sound that great to some of you, but considering that I average about -8+ on LGs, LR is the least of my worries in terms of the other sections. LGs have just been absolutely killing me, and consistently keep me from reaching the scores I'd like on practice tests. I'm averaging about a 158/159 right now, with my personal best of 166, and a couple 160s. Took a practice test today and got a 158, but considering that I was only 2 questions right away from my preferred 160 and the fact that I got -11 on the LGs, I need to work this out before September. I intend on using preptests 29-60 for drilling purposes, especially games. I was wondering which book I should buy: LGB or the Manhattan LG guide? I've heard great things about both, but I have also read that Manhattan's approach to In/out games and grouping games is superior to that of the LGB, and grouping games are definitely one of my LG weaknesses. Also, I am averaging about -9 on RC and was wondering if I should also buy the Manhattan RC guide? With a little under 2 months left, what should my approach be? Given that I am a URM with a 3.69 GPA, I am aiming for a 160+ in September. I am already so close, so I just need suggestions on how to improve my LG and RC abilities, more importantly my LGs. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
Since you did the Trainer I would recommend the MH because they are very similar as I believe Mike Kim helped with some MH curriculum. I used the two of these together this summer after using the bible previously and loved the stack. In addition to the MH LG book, I would use the 7Sage Fool proof method strategy when approaching logic games -- it helps a ton. Games is easy to improve on so you will def achieve your goal if you keep it up!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
mmart207 wrote:Hey guys, question here and would greatly appreciate any responses. My studying so far has consisted of purely the LSAT trainer and taking preptests. LR is by far my best section, averaging -6. This may not sound that great to some of you, but considering that I average about -8+ on LGs, LR is the least of my worries in terms of the other sections. LGs have just been absolutely killing me, and consistently keep me from reaching the scores I'd like on practice tests. I'm averaging about a 158/159 right now, with my personal best of 166, and a couple 160s. Took a practice test today and got a 158, but considering that I was only 2 questions right away from my preferred 160 and the fact that I got -11 on the LGs, I need to work this out before September. I intend on using preptests 29-60 for drilling purposes, especially games. I was wondering which book I should buy: LGB or the Manhattan LG guide? I've heard great things about both, but I have also read that Manhattan's approach to In/out games and grouping games is superior to that of the LGB, and grouping games are definitely one of my LG weaknesses. Also, I am averaging about -9 on RC and was wondering if I should also buy the Manhattan RC guide? With a little under 2 months left, what should my approach be? Given that I am a URM with a 3.69 GPA, I am aiming for a 160+ in September. I am already so close, so I just need suggestions on how to improve my LG and RC abilities, more importantly my LGs. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
Since you did the Trainer I would recommend the MH because they are very similar as I believe Mike Kim helped with some MH curriculum. I used the two of these together this summer after using the bible previously and loved the stack. In addition to the MH LG book, I would use the 7Sage Fool proof method strategy when approaching logic games -- it helps a ton. Games is easy to improve on so you will def achieve your goal if you keep it up!
Thank you! Since I do not have access to a printer to print copies of games for the 7sage method, would you suggest that I just do my work on scratch paper so I can redo games that give me trouble? Since you worked through both the LGB and the Manhattan LG book, how do you think they stacked up in comparison to one another?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:14 pm

mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Thank you! Since I do not have access to a printer to print copies of games for the 7sage method, would you suggest that I just do my work on scratch paper so I can redo games that give me trouble? Since you worked through both the LGB and the Manhattan LG book, how do you think they stacked up in comparison to one another?
Yeah scratch paper is fine if you cant make copies. Honestly, they are both awesome and people have had amazzing success with both. I wouldnt worry about it. I got more out of the MH Series maybe because it was my second time going through material though. I will say for LR & RC I liked the MH books much better. Just a personal preference though

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Yeah scratch paper is fine if you cant make copies. Honestly, they are both awesome and people have had amazzing success with both. I wouldnt worry about it. I got more out of the MH Series maybe because it was my second time going through material though. I will say for LR & RC I liked the MH books much better. Just a personal preference though
I am most likely going to order the Manhattan LG guide tonight off Amazon. Would you suggest also purchasing the LR and RC guides? Or would just drilling LR and RC sections suffice? For LR, my weakness is NA, SA, and weakening questions. I don't want to buy anymore books if what I would gain from them is already in the LSAT trainer

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:37 pm

mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
I am most likely going to order the Manhattan LG guide tonight off Amazon. Would you suggest also purchasing the LR and RC guides? Or would just drilling LR and RC sections suffice? For LR, my weakness is NA, SA, and weakening questions. I don't want to buy anymore books if what I would gain from them is already in the LSAT trainer
It can only help, especially the LR book. It complements the trainer very nicely. And if you are scoring high 150s you can definitely use more info to push you into the 160s. RC just depends on how you do RC and if you follow the forums some people dont even use a method, they just do their own thing and others rely on a book or method. Just depends on how you are scoring and how dedicated you are to improving. It would only be beneficial to you, however, for RC specifically I found the trainer to be sufficient for me... Then again I have always scored high on standardized tests in the RC portion, but others struggle immensely with it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
It can only help, especially the LR book. It complements the trainer very nicely. And if you are scoring high 150s you can definitely use more info to push you into the 160s. RC just depends on how you do RC and if you follow the forums some people dont even use a method, they just do their own thing and others rely on a book or method. Just depends on how you are scoring and how dedicated you are to improving. It would only be beneficial to you, however, for RC specifically I found the trainer to be sufficient for me... Then again I have always scored high on standardized tests in the RC portion, but others struggle immensely with it.
The only standardized test I've ever taken was the ACT and I believe I got a 28 on the RC portion, so not that great. I've also read on the forums that it's recommended to work through the Powerscore bibles first before moving onto the Manhattan guides, do you agree with that? Sorry about all of the questions! And thank you so much for being so helpful!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 pm

mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
mmart207 wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
The only standardized test I've ever taken was the ACT and I believe I got a 28 on the RC portion, so not that great. I've also read on the forums that it's recommended to work through the Powerscore bibles first before moving onto the Manhattan guides, do you agree with that? Sorry about all of the questions! And thank you so much for being so helpful!
Na I think the Trainer and then the Manhattan series is sufficient. I only did both because Im retaking from a yr ago. But i still reference the bibles. I would just pick one and my recc to you is MH because it follows the strategy of the trainer and go with it and review over & over again from that one book. Again, cant go wrong with either. I just liked the setup of MH better

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:58 pm

Which editions of the Manhattan guides do you have? Amazon has the 5th edition of all 3 sections for $110

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:01 am

My LR is the 5th edition and My LR/RC is actually the 4th lol because I bought them a while before the LR book.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”