I haven't PT'd yet
3%
Lol PT's
7%

Total votes: 69

twiix

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby twiix » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:10 pm

Ira Hayes wrote:Did some RC practice today and I did pretty good but I didn't time myself, got -4 on PT so I'll take it. Games was a different story, hopefully I get that down soon or else I might postpone.

lol you're 3 months out and already talking about postponing? You'll fit in well around here my friend.

Ira Hayes

Postby Ira Hayes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:13 pm

twiix wrote:
Ira Hayes wrote:Did some RC practice today and I did pretty good but I didn't time myself, got -4 on PT so I'll take it. Games was a different story, hopefully I get that down soon or else I might postpone.

lol you're 3 months out and already talking about postponing? You'll fit in well around here my friend.

haha I just feel like I won't get games down :/ I took a class this year that someone said would help with the lsat and I didn't even get it then lol. I've heard decent things about 7Sage, maybe I'll give them a try.

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Ira Hayes wrote:
twiix wrote:

haha I just feel like I won't get games down :/ I took a class this year that someone said would help with the lsat and I didn't even get it then lol. I've heard decent things about 7Sage, maybe I'll give them a try.

7sage and redoing games is probably the best way to git gud at games imo

Ira Hayes

Postby Ira Hayes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Ira Hayes wrote:
twiix wrote:

Dark Souls?

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Ira Hayes wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Ira Hayes wrote:
twiix wrote:

Dark Souls?

you're going places m'boy.

littlewing67

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:00 pm

twiix wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
twiix wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
twiix wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:TBH, I would never bother worrying about # of questions in an order on a test unless you had one you were really unsure about.

+1
See Gambler's fallacy. "D D D D" is not statistically less likely than "D E C A" or any other specific combination.

I would love to see a test where every answer in an incredibly difficult LG section is just D across the board, 24 times. That would REALLY fuck with a lot of people. To see the bitching/panic on the forums the afternoon after a test like that, priceless.

It's confirmed, I'm a masochist.

Only if you're taking that test...

I'm in. I don't bubble my answers until usually the 5 minute mark, so it wouldn't fuck with me as much as some others. Although I'd definitely shudder once I realized I had D's down the board. But at that point it would be too late for me to do anything about it.

That and you strike me as someone comfortable with getting a few Ds at once...

As long as they come in pairs.

[+] Spoiler

Wow. Well played. Excellent. Impressive. Very nice.
[+] Spoiler

Welcome to YSHLS.

clueless801

Postby clueless801 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:34 pm

littlewing67 wrote:2 trainer chapters and 80+ necessary assumption questions later and my brain may have turned to mush spaghetti

Ok still have an hour to an hour and a half left in the lib let's gooo

hey.

study with me.

pls.

pretty pretty pls.

chargers21

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:00 pm

It's hip to be square

chewinggum

Postby chewinggum » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:01 pm

I love using "studying" as an excuse not to be social

Ira Hayes

Postby Ira Hayes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:06 pm

chargers21 wrote:It's hip to be square

Do you like Huey Lewis too?

chargers21

Postby chargers21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Ira Hayes wrote:
chargers21 wrote:It's hip to be square

Do you like Huey Lewis too?

Their early work was a little too new wave for me

abujabal

Postby abujabal » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:26 pm

twiix wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:TBH, I would never bother worrying about # of questions in an order on a test unless you had one you were really unsure about.

+1
See Gambler's fallacy. "D D D D" is not statistically less likely than "D E C A" or any other specific combination.

I would love to see a test where every answer in an incredibly difficult LG section is just D across the board, 24 times. That would REALLY fuck with a lot of people. To see the bitching/panic on the forums the afternoon after a test like that, priceless.

It's confirmed, I'm a masochist.

See but if I'm not overthinking that what should I be overthinking during the test...

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:59 pm

littlewing67 wrote:2 trainer chapters and 80+ necessary assumption questions later and my brain may have turned to mush spaghetti

I did a RC section and it didn't go to well :(

So I'm reading my Trainer chapter hopefully it'll make a difference. I'm going to BR the RC after finishing this chapter. :/

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:05 pm

chewinggum wrote:I love using "studying" as an excuse not to be social

I feel like the LSAT has made me a full time recluse. Also, social life has been extinct from my vocabulary for awhile. Haha. Chronicles of an LSAT prepper.

clueless801

Postby clueless801 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:19 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:

I feel like the LSAT has made me a full time recluse. Also, social life has been extinct from my vocabulary for awhile. Haha. Chronicles of an LSAT prepper.

It's so great!! I can't think about anything other than the test so I'm not even being dishonest when I pass up on happy hours and other outings b/c let's be real... a 175+ on this test is so much more satisfying.

lurksoh4rd

Postby lurksoh4rd » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Omg hey guys. I'm day 3 into full time test prep and legit thinking I'm gonna have to postpone but I am actually having fun studying!

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:36 pm

clueless801 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

It's so great!! I can't think about anything other than the test so I'm not even being dishonest when I pass up on happy hours and other outings b/c let's be real... a 175+ on this test is so much more satisfying.

So true! I don't even know what it means to have a life outside of the LSAT anymore lmao

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Does anyone know what PT begins the era of comparative passages?

Also I kind of want to start using RC from 50s/60s to drill with but I don't want to use up potential PT material in the event that I have to do December. I could always use RC from the 40s but I'm worried the material and subject matter is so far removed from the real deal i.e. what I should be working with..

Thoughts?

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:Does anyone know what PT begins the era of comparative passages?

Also I kind of want to start using RC from 50s/60s to drill with but I don't want to use up potential PT material in the event that I have to do December. I could always use RC from the 40s but I'm worried the material and subject matter is so far removed from the real deal i.e. what I should be working with..

Thoughts?

it starts with June 2007 and then the next one is PT52.

I personally am saving the 50's for PTs, idk how you would want to go about doing it tho :P

littlewing67

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Mikey wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:Does anyone know what PT begins the era of comparative passages?

Thoughts?

it starts with June 2007 and then the next one is PT52.

I personally am saving the 50's for PTs, idk how you would want to go about doing it tho :P

Oh thanks! I did the June 2017 last year as a diagnostic.. Hmm I don't think I remember any of the passages, maybe I can try using that PT.

Well, I'm doing timed sections this month of PT's from next month it's full fledged PT's. I'm trying to do 50s-60s-70s. I'm actually doing Twiix's BR schedule haha :)

So by drilling RC, I was thinking of drilling sections from the 50s but like I said, I don't want to use up the material. Maybe I'll just do the 40s RC sections haha. What are you using to drill RC?

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:10 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

So I'm reading my Trainer chapter hopefully it'll make a difference. I'm going to BR the RC after finishing this chapter. :/

RC is the bane of my existence.... I'm 1/3 through the RC Manhattan LSAT book and I'll be honest....it is just OK. They keep using some annoying analogy or something that I'm not that big a fan of. Whatever it is still practice.

Ugh. I hate hate HATE RC right now. I'm going through the Trainer chapters on RC because everyone on here raves about how great Trainer was for RC. I went through the Manhattan guide last year for RC (but really slowly, I took 6 months going through it lol) and found it really helpful. I'm actually thinking of rereading it after I finish the Trainer chapters. But who knows, if I find the Trainer sufficient for RC I might just stick to his approach.

I have a friend who recommended Trainer to me and she did the RC from September of last year so I think 79 and went a perfect score on that RC. So hopefully, it works its magic. Right now RC has me on a leash. :/

clueless801

Postby clueless801 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:18 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:

RC is the bane of my existence.... I'm 1/3 through the RC Manhattan LSAT book and I'll be honest....it is just OK. They keep using some annoying analogy or something that I'm not that big a fan of. Whatever it is still practice.

Ugh. I hate hate HATE RC right now. I'm going through the Trainer chapters on RC because everyone on here raves about how great Trainer was for RC. I went through the Manhattan guide last year for RC (but really slowly, I took 6 months going through it lol) and found it really helpful. I'm actually thinking of rereading it after I finish the Trainer chapters. But who knows, if I find the Trainer sufficient for RC I might just stick to his approach.

I have a friend who recommended Trainer to me and she did the RC from September of last year so I think 79 and went a perfect score on that RC. So hopefully, it works its magic. Right now RC has me on a leash. :/

I actually really love the Trainer RC. I think it hit home that when you have a very limited amount of time, you need to focus on structure and author reasoning. You need to constantly question what role each part of the passage plays. I think we're so focused on trying to understand what the passages are trying to say, we forget that that it doesn't really matter that much at all once you get to the questions. I did two RCs back to back right now, and I tried to make myself understand the structure. As a result, I went through the passages much more quickly than I have in the past. The questions I got wrong were really stupid mistakes that would've been avoided with more careful reading. It's definitely work, but you guys got this!!

Barry grandpapy

Postby Barry grandpapy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:44 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”