The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

RSolano

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by RSolano » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:55 am

What are everyone's strategies/plans going into the last three weeks? Focus on full timed proctored tests? I have yet to take a PT at 8.30 like we will have to for the real thing so I'm trying to adjust my sleep schedule to get used to that- not a morning person!
What are your plans?

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:56 pm

RSolano wrote:What are everyone's strategies/plans going into the last three weeks? Focus on full timed proctored tests? I have yet to take a PT at 8.30 like we will have to for the real thing so I'm trying to adjust my sleep schedule to get used to that- not a morning person!
What are your plans?
I'm going to do a few more tests at home in the AM, but then I'm going to start one or two of them in the actual space where the LSAT is at the correct time. At this point though, I'm really just ensuring that my testing ability is there rather than my environmental conditioning.

Impressionist

Bronze

Post by Impressionist » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:35 pm

RSolano wrote:What are everyone's strategies/plans going into the last three weeks? Focus on full timed proctored tests? I have yet to take a PT at 8.30 like we will have to for the real thing so I'm trying to adjust my sleep schedule to get used to that- not a morning person!
What are your plans?
Mornings I take a PT at 9am near the actual site of the real test. After blind review head home and chill/nap for a couple hours. Then spend 2-3 hours on specific areas of focus, which is different for each section. Going to do that for most of the 15days before the test.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:20 pm

What are your plans?
get drunk

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 pm

twiix wrote:
What are your plans?
get drunk
^

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
twiix wrote:
What are your plans?
get drunk
^
+180

I gave up alcohol before the last LSAT I took and I underscored. Clearly drinking plenty of alcohol before this one will ensure I get a 180... :D
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:50 pm

PT 76 172
-3 RC
-2 LR1
-1 LG (stupid mistake)
-4 LR2

7sage says that LR1 was more difficult than LR2, but LR2 gave me a hard time. :oops:

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:53 pm

I scored a 168 in June LSAT and now have 3 weeks to bring it up to at least 170.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
twiix wrote:
What are your plans?
get drunk
^
I crushed several pitchers of margs with some friends for the fight last night...Really looking forward to see if I get on your level tomorrow, Barry, when I take a PT again

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PearsonSpecterLitt

New

Post by PearsonSpecterLitt » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:11 pm

Took my first PT since working through the LSAT Trainer (only going through LR/RC).

PT 52 w/ -1 LG, -3 RC, -3 LR, -1 LR. Will do blind review after.

What do people do to improve scores at this stage? I'm not sure how to be as productive as possible. I'm thinking some LR drill to get to -1 in each section before working on timing in RC.

contrapositivity

New

Post by contrapositivity » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:58 pm

I have a silly, type A question. I have taken around 7 PTs (timed) so far, and on almost every single one, I've made at least one (sometimes two) "answer transference" errors in which I bubble in the wrong answer on my sheet even though I have it right on my booklet. This is exceptionally frustrating, in that on the last PT I took, my misbubbling took me from a 170 to a 169. I bubble after every question, since I know Powerscore recommends this to reduce errors. Does this happen to anyone else or does anyone have tips? How do you bubble in? I'm considering switching to answer grouping, like transferring my answers after every logic game. Thank you so much!

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote: I crushed several pitchers of margs with some friends for the fight last night...Really looking forward to see if I get on your level tomorrow, Barry, when I take a PT again
I'm currently pregaming the GOT season finale with a pitcher myself. Not looking forward to PT81 tomorrow morning

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Poll idea: how many margaritas have you had in the past week?

A. 1-3
B. 3-5
C. 5+
D. I'm ashamed to say
E. Who drinks this close to test day?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PearsonSpecterLitt

New

Post by PearsonSpecterLitt » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:Poll idea: how many margaritas have you had in the past week?

A. 1-3
B. 3-5
C. 5+
D. I'm ashamed to say
E. Who drinks this close to test day?
5+ Moscow mules!

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote: I crushed several pitchers of margs with some friends for the fight last night...Really looking forward to see if I get on your level tomorrow, Barry, when I take a PT again
I'm currently pregaming the GOT season finale with a pitcher myself. Not looking forward to PT81 tomorrow morning
I'm probably getting the wrong takeaway from this but where are you getting PT81 from?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:
Idk how you PT hungover.. Props!

Pumped for GoT in 10 min though!!!

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:54 pm

After months of using the mastermind, I used the perfectscore watch today and am really upset at this ban lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:04 pm

chewinggum wrote:After months of using the mastermind, I used the perfectscore watch today and am really upset at this ban lol
I'm kind of confused about this whole ban... I have a top tier timer watch that I have to manually reset. Is that watch still allowed?? I literally have nightmares about going to the test and being told I can't have my watch.

bigflaw_ruleofjaw

New

Post by bigflaw_ruleofjaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 pm

drinking tonight for the last time before test.

PTing 174-176 aorn. Postponed law school for a year and moved with gf across the country to where I want to go to school next year so I've got a decent amount riding on bringing my score up...

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:After months of using the mastermind, I used the perfectscore watch today and am really upset at this ban lol
I'm kind of confused about this whole ban... I have a top tier timer watch that I have to manually reset. Is that watch still allowed?? I literally have nightmares about going to the test and being told I can't have my watch.
I have no clue. I called three times and was told each time that "analog watches are allowed regardless of the type."

I think it will come down to the test center and their interpretation of the restrictions.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:37 pm

abujabal wrote:I'm probably getting the wrong takeaway from this but where are you getting PT81 from?
It's on Amazon dog

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gluteus

Bronze

Post by Gluteus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Are PTs 62-71 generally considered to be in the "new RC" category in terms of difficulty?

Over the past few days I drilled (timed) the RC sections from the PT 62-71 book. Luckily, I seemed to be able to adjust my reading style to the LSAT pretty quickly

My strategy is to read for structure and use boxes for who/whats, circles for time/dates/significant numbers, and brackets for locations. The annotation is generally pretty light and is mostly a way to quickly refer to important parts of the passage when I need to. Furthermore, I use the extra 20-30~ seconds it takes to annotate a passage to concurrently think about passage structure.

The earlier RC sections I did I was around -4 to -6 (Usually -4 or -5)
During the later sections I got nothing but -3
With one random -10 thrown in the middle (Terrifying)

Overall I'm happy with the results and can certainly see that there is some room before the test to solidify my drilling averages and to reduce the chance of a negative outlier score.

ugatvandy

New

Post by ugatvandy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:03 pm

contrapositivity wrote:I have a silly, type A question. I have taken around 7 PTs (timed) so far, and on almost every single one, I've made at least one (sometimes two) "answer transference" errors in which I bubble in the wrong answer on my sheet even though I have it right on my booklet. This is exceptionally frustrating, in that on the last PT I took, my misbubbling took me from a 170 to a 169. I bubble after every question, since I know Powerscore recommends this to reduce errors. Does this happen to anyone else or does anyone have tips? How do you bubble in? I'm considering switching to answer grouping, like transferring my answers after every logic game. Thank you so much!
Hey there--

I started bubbling after every two pages for LR, every game for LG, and every passage for RC. I was adamant about doing after every question previously for the same reasons, but I decided to switch a few PTs ago just to see what would happen. I found that grouping got rid of the transferring errors I was making, and it also went faster and gave me a short 15-20 second break before I went on to the next group, which you wouldn't think would be that helpful but it really is.

Once five minutes is called, though, I start doing individually

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:09 pm

chewinggum wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
I have no clue. I called three times and was told each time that "analog watches are allowed regardless of the type."

I think it will come down to the test center and their interpretation of the restrictions.
Ugh. When I took the June test, they already tried to give me problems about it and that was before the ban. I'm taking September at a different testing center though. I'm just worried to take it and be told I can't have it, but I also don't really want to buy a new watch when I bought this one for this purpose.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:

Ugh. When I took the June test, they already tried to give me problems about it and that was before the ban. I'm taking September at a different testing center though. I'm just worried to take it and be told I can't have it, but I also don't really want to buy a new watch when I bought this one for this purpose.
I'm bringing a back up just in case. But yea, I'll be super upset if someone decides to be extra. The type of watch shouldn't be this big of a deal

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”