No idea where to start studying Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sunflower99

New

No idea where to start studying

Post by sunflower99 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:51 am

I don't know anything about the LSAT but I am very interested in law school (have been working for a law office to see if I would like it). I would like to start studying now since I realized I actually like it. However, I have no idea where to even begin. Can anyone offer me any recommendations or suggestions to start?

Thanks a lot!!!!

ptittle

New

Re: No idea where to start studying

Post by ptittle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:17 pm

I'd say start by working through the introductory materials provided by LSAC to determine whether you should hire a tutor or take a course. If you do really well with those materials, you may just need to work through a couple dozen preptests. If you find you're just 'not getting it', then a course or tutor will probably be a good idea.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:28 pm

LGB is a good and simple place to start, imo. if you're like most people, LG will involve the steepest learning curve.

PDuzzy

New

Post by PDuzzy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Well you've found TLS so you're already in a good place!

Read some of the "How I got a 180" guides on this forum. I was using the Barron's book(absolute garbage) and had really no idea what I was doing before I stumbled upon TLS. From here you have a good idea on what is required to get the score you want. Then choose a book for each section.

Take some practice questions from each section to determine where your weakest and start there.

Blueprint Brett

New

Post by Blueprint Brett » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:20 pm

It's always good to start with a practice exam. That way you can see how far off you would be from your goal schools as well as how familiar/unfamiliar the test is to you. From there, you can start planning what your study methods will be and when would be realistic for you to take the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Joined4Knowledge

New

Post by Joined4Knowledge » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:03 pm

sunflower99 wrote:I don't know anything about the LSAT but I am very interested in law school (have been working for a law office to see if I would like it). I would like to start studying now since I realized I actually like it. However, I have no idea where to even begin. Can anyone offer me any recommendations or suggestions to start?

Thanks a lot!!!!
Almost same boat here!

dbalkaran

Silver

Post by dbalkaran » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:08 pm

I'd say take a practice test to baseline yourself. LSAC provides a free one here.

http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source ... ptjune.pdf

If you're at a 150 or below I'd say you might want to find a tutor or a prep class to take. 150 or above and you should be ok with self-study, but you have to be very disciplined about it. There are other threads here that can point you towards the right materials, but 7Sage has some great free prep material and Test Masters seems to be another popular one.

Stay away from Kaplan their stuff is awful.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:35 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=200917

The above link should will be your best resource for studying schedules

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”