Logical Reasoning: Powerscore or Manhattan

lq0524

Logical Reasoning: Powerscore or Manhattan

Postby lq0524 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi,

Planning to take the test in September. I have about 6 months to prep. I have 7sage, the Manhattan LR book, and the Powerscore LR bible.
Between the two books which would you recommend? I've been reading the Powerscore LR bible, but it seems very "convoluted", as 7sage likes to say. Wondering if it's worth finishing or if I should just skip ahead to Manhattan.

TIA

Platopus

Re: Logical Reasoning: Powerscore or Manhattan

Postby Platopus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:31 am

If you have the time, finish it. I actually found the Powerscore book to be more helpful than Manhattan. I think both have their value. Manhattan seemed to have better explanations for their practice questions, but I find myself referring back to Powerscore more for tips on how to interpret language and understand what the question is asking.

JBird

Re: Logical Reasoning: Powerscore or Manhattan

Postby JBird » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:27 am

I’m just getting started, but so far I’ve found the Powerscore books to be the opposite of “convoluted”. They break everything down so it’s completely clear and easy to understand, much more so than other books I’ve looked at…some of which over complicated things. I haven’t read the Manhattan book, so I can’t compare apples to apples, but I really like Powerscore’s style and approach.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”