Question/Answer Sources

Question/Answer Sources

Postby 510Chicken » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:25 pm

When I frequented this board in 2011, question specific threads seemed to be fairly common (e.g., Title: PT 54, S1, Q18). I don't see as many of these threads around here any more. What changed, and where do people find the answers to specific questions now? Are the archives simply more robust? Are alternative online resources more available/accessible? What if you're self-studying?

Re: Question/Answer Sources

Postby Platopus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:53 pm

I have no real input, but I am also curious about this as well. I've noticed that blind review has become more popular, whereas I don't really recall this method being as prevalent 2-3 years ago in the strictly dogmatic sense of how blind review seems to be a more concrete methodology than simply "review". Complete speculation that perhaps more people are doing this and actually take the time to figure out questions/answers in ways that make sense to them???? Also interested to see how others interpret this trend

Postby etramak » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 am

Manhattan forums has a thread for pretty much every logical reasoning question, and a lot of reading comprehension questions too. Next time you need an explanation for an answer try googling "preptest xx" and then a few words from the question.

Postby LSRAT » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:52 am

If you needed PT 58, section 3 (LG), question 20, you'd click on LG first, then the section then the question. I found this really helpful during my studies. But only use it after you've sat with the question for a long time during blind review. If you use it frequently when you're just "kind of not sure" you won't learn anything.

Postby 180pedia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Okay, my site is probably pretty relevant for what you're looking for.

The site is unpopulated with it's own explanations currently as I am working on a minor bug. Submissions are still welcome...
just avoid the following characters please ' " < > \

Details about the site can be found on the front page... will remain open and free.

If you click on a question page, scroll to the bottom and there will be links to explanations from 7Sage, LSATHacks, Manhattan Prep Forums, PowerScore Forums, and Velocity LSAT Prep when they are available. This is up to date for all questions up until about a week ago. I am in the process of trying to optimize a way for when new threads are created. Occasionally, there may be another thread explanation for a given Manhattan Prep and PowerScore for a specific question as they have repeats. I picked the explanation for those I found most satisfying and helpful. They will link to the respective page or thread for that source. I think the formatting of my site is probably a bit quicker and easier to use.

A few short cuts if you end up liking it...

For tests
where # equals the common PT reference (1-80, A, B, C, C2, F97, J07, etc.)

For questions
for LR: ( i.e. )
for LG: ( i.e. )
for RC: ( i.e. )
# equals the common PT reference
X equals the section number (1-4)
Q equals the question number (1-26)
G equals the game number (1-4)
P equals the passage number (1-4)

For LG and RC, you just use the game or passage number. The explanations are based on game and passage.

If you have any suggestions or like it, LMK... I think it's pretty on point for what you are looking for. (well, it'll make it easier to cross reference explanations from different sources IMO) Sorry for the long post!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”