Start Prepping in March or Keep Waiting?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tinycatfriend

Bronze

Start Prepping in March or Keep Waiting?

Postby tinycatfriend » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Hey guys,

I'm waiting on (many many) answers - I haven't been rejected anywhere, but just admitted to one school - and I was thinking of taking the June LSAT. If I do take it, I'm going to take a prep course this time, to hopefully up my score (I got a 169 as self-study). Would you advise shelling out for a class in March, even before I have all my answers? Or should I just keep waiting?

The other option is to wait and take Sept LSAT - but honestly, I really want to take an afternoon test - I just don't want to be out 2k and end up getting into a law school I'd like

brinicolec

Gold

Re: Start Prepping in March or Keep Waiting?

Postby brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:11 pm

I can't really think of any reason to wait for the September test unless you don't reach your score goal.

If you're fine retaking and reapplying next cycle, would be best to take in June, get the score in late-June/early-July, and be ready to submit as soon as apps open.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:45 pm

tinycatfriend wrote:Hey guys,

I'm waiting on (many many) answers - I haven't been rejected anywhere, but just admitted to one school - and I was thinking of taking the June LSAT. If I do take it, I'm going to take a prep course this time, to hopefully up my score (I got a 169 as self-study). Would you advise shelling out for a class in March, even before I have all my answers? Or should I just keep waiting?

The other option is to wait and take Sept LSAT - but honestly, I really want to take an afternoon test - I just don't want to be out 2k and end up getting into a law school I'd like

Re-take in June restarting in March is fine. Once you learn how the LSAT works, you never really lose it, especially taking just a few months off. I guarantee if you took a timed test today, you'd do no worse that a 165. Just pick up where you left off with self-study and don't waste money on a course. I don't think you need people telling you how to diagram a LG or the difference b.w sufficient and necessary. If you want to make an investment with a score already at 169, you're better off spending that money on a few hours with a good tutor like Nathan Fox or Ben Olson.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:20 pm

You're past the point a class will help you substantially. Maybe 7Sage or self directed classes can help find and refine weak points, but an in person class would be a waste of time for you.

Maybe look into tutoring.

letslsat

New

Postby letslsat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:33 am

Out of curiosity, when did you apply?

tinycatfriend

Bronze

Postby tinycatfriend » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:17 pm

letslsat wrote:

Out of curiosity, when did you apply?

November for the bulk. Some in Jan.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�