Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!!

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

New poll! How'd we do people??

>177
6%
175-176
No votes
173-174
11%
171-172
29%
169-170
6%
167-168
6%
165-166
3%
163-164
11%
161-162
6%
<160
23%

Total votes: 35

Law2020hopeful

New

Re: Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!!

Postby Law2020hopeful » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:49 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
maybeman wrote:Older attorney/MIL advice is classic TTT. You can't just be good at your job and ball out anymore. Need that t14 cv line or there's a hard ceiling

Over the last 49 releases, the most, 16, have been on Fridays (followed by 11 on Mondays). I'm feeling a 27th release date here

but what about the fact that people have until Feb 27 to cancel their score (some posted about ITT a while back)? :(

I don't know why someone had until the 27th. It was the 17th for me (I didn't cancel but I deliberately checked the deadline after that post). I'm hoping it was wrong.

well now you've got me all sorts of excited that maybe Monday could be a possibility! (or...dare I say it...today?! hahaha)

I'm trying really hard not to expect it until next Wednesday. But I know once Monday hits I'll be checking obsessively.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:58 pm

maybeman wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
maybeman wrote:Older attorney/MIL advice is classic TTT. You can't just be good at your job and ball out anymore. Need that t14 cv line or there's a hard ceiling

Over the last 49 releases, the most, 16, have been on Fridays (followed by 11 on Mondays). I'm feeling a 27th release date here

but what about the fact that people have until Feb 27 to cancel their score (some posted about ITT a while back)? :(

I don't know why someone had until the 27th. It was the 17th for me (I didn't cancel but I deliberately checked the deadline after that post). I'm hoping it was wrong.

well now you've got me all sorts of excited that maybe Monday could be a possibility! (or...dare I say it...today?! hahaha)

I have a vague memory of this being true.. but it might just be me wanting to think it is. Fingers crossed you're right 2020

that was me, but just relaying what I saw on reddit so can't vouch for veracity. could have been a typo if the deadline was actually the 17th. also if there were a limited number of people with complaints, etc. and they have all been resolved, no point in waiting til the supposed deadline.

I've been feeling really on edge/butterflies in my stomach all day maybe it's a sign and it will actually be today omg but if not today then maybe the 27th

Law2020hopeful

New

Postby Law2020hopeful » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Hey for fun...does anyone remember a LR question from a prep test (blanking on which one) about H.G. Wells and great novels vs science fiction and if so, do you remember the answer? It's driving me insane. I brought it with me to glance at while waiting for the February test to start and they took it away from me so I can't look it up now.

dlutfy

New

Postby dlutfy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:10 pm

I really hope it doesn't come out Thursday. I'll get my score in the middle of an incredibly boring 3 hour lecture.

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:38 pm

dlutfy wrote:I really hope it doesn't come out Thursday. I'll get my score in the middle of an incredibly boring 3 hour lecture.

You won't know the time you get your score. They come out in batches after we go grey. It could be 4:30 or 10pm EST

etramak

Silver

Postby etramak » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:12 pm

Wasn't the 27th date to cancel for students that had complaints about test centers? Would probably be a different date for them

CMac86

Bronze

Postby CMac86 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:29 am

My goal is to not check my phone/email until after work on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm hoping they come out on the 1st (Wednesday) since I'm doing mostly paper work and school work that day. Thursday, I'm booked solid with rehearsals and gigs...and I know that getting my score will shift my mood one way or another.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:46 am

I had a very vivid dream that I got a 177 and I was sad when I woke up. yay lsat dreams.

etramak

Silver

Postby etramak » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 am

CMac86 wrote:My goal is to not check my phone/email until after work on Wednesday or Thursday.

I told myself I'll do this on Monday but after that I don't think I'm gonna get any work done until scores are released

dlutfy

New

Postby dlutfy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 pm

maybeman wrote:
dlutfy wrote:I really hope it doesn't come out Thursday. I'll get my score in the middle of an incredibly boring 3 hour lecture.

You won't know the time you get your score. They come out in batches after we go grey. It could be 4:30 or 10pm EST

I don't want to go grey in the middle of a boring 3 hour lecture. Is that particular enough?

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:11 pm

dlutfy wrote:
maybeman wrote:

I don't want to go grey in the middle of a boring 3 hour lecture. Is that particular enough?

Haha fair. Just thought I'd let you know

Neil_Gorsuch

New

Postby Neil_Gorsuch » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Last edited by Neil_Gorsuch on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CMac86

Bronze

Postby CMac86 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:21 pm

etramak wrote:
CMac86 wrote:My goal is to not check my phone/email until after work on Wednesday or Thursday.

I told myself I'll do this on Monday but after that I don't think I'm gonna get any work done until scores are released

I'm planning on knocking out my school work for the week on Monday and Tuesday. I don't want to try to do work on Wednesday or Thursday (assignments are due Thursday and Sunday).

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Postby LegallyBlackJD » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:40 pm

CMac86 wrote:My goal is to not check my phone/email until after work on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm hoping they come out on the 1st (Wednesday) since I'm doing mostly paper work and school work that day. Thursday, I'm booked solid with rehearsals and gigs...and I know that getting my score will shift my mood one way or another.

I might have to hijack that plan.

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:07 am

I've been so excited to get my score this past 3 weeks, but now that it's actually close I'm insanely anxious. This process is straight up making me more religious. Some dip on a thread I was reading lied we went grey and sent me for a spin :(

CMac86

Bronze

Postby CMac86 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:02 am

maybeman wrote:I've been so excited to get my score this past 3 weeks, but now that it's actually close I'm insanely anxious. This process is straight up making me more religious. Some dip on a thread I was reading lied we went grey and sent me for a spin :(

Avoidance! I've checked in on this thread since I get email notifications, and then I tend to check 7sage once in the morning and once before bed.

The anxiety is part of why I'm glad I took it this time around. My plan is to start school in fall 2019, so put in applications in fall/winter 2018. If I bombed this test, I have several options for retake. If I didn't bomb this test, I can start studying for the GMAT once my coursework dies down (I have a stretch of two weeks coming up where I'll be in 4 classes/12 credit hours while touring-those time periods test my time management skills as well as my sanity).

chrysippusofsoli

New

Postby chrysippusofsoli » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 am

maybeman wrote:I've been so excited to get my score this past 3 weeks, but now that it's actually close I'm insanely anxious. This process is straight up making me more religious. Some dip on a thread I was reading lied we went grey and sent me for a spin :(

You must be talking about that silly reddit post. For some reason I had a feeling the guy's post was a hoax, but I still checked nonetheless. Wasn't surprised to see everything still green.

We're almost there guys! Good luck to all, I'll be recovering from some serious damage to my nerves once this is over.

Law2020hopeful

New

Postby Law2020hopeful » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 am

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone waiting! Here's hoping we all scored high enough to never have to take this test again!

aalvez

New

Postby aalvez » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:18 am

I really hope it's today, I have a feeling - today or tomorrow.

etramak

Silver

Postby etramak » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 am

Already breaking my vow not to look at this today. I don't think we'll get scores back but for some reason I just got my hopes up. Betting on tomorrow though.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 am

It's a relief just knowing that it WILL be this week. By Friday, WE WILL KNOW!!

I'm having a lot of anxiety about all other LS app-related things, so quite honestly my score is pretty low on my list of worries right now. Although if I don't improve that will not be good :shock:

Anyone live in NYC? (I think I've seen at least one person post in this thread about living there) Right now my top choices are NYU or Columbia, and I love the idea of living in NYC. HOWEVER, my husband and I have a (large--65 lb) dog who also happens to be a pitbull mix :cry: The prospect of finding an apartment is really daunting to me and I'm freaking out a little. The idea of a) finding an apartment on the other side of the country b) dealing with a broker and c) finding a place that will accept our pup are all freaking me out. If anyone has any tips, tricks or encouragement I'd love to hear it. I'm hoping that my current landlord as well as one of our neighbors will write a recommendation for our dog, as well as dog sitters we've hired. He's SO sweet and calm (loves absolutely all people--a real cuddler) and he does NOT bark, ever. He's actually super lazy and a great apartment dog, if someone will just give him a chance :(

Law2020hopeful

New

Postby Law2020hopeful » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:59 am

airwrecka wrote:
Anyone live in NYC? (I think I've seen at least one person post in this thread about living there) Right now my top choices are NYU or Columbia, and I love the idea of living in NYC. HOWEVER, my husband and I have a (large--65 lb) dog who also happens to be a pitbull mix :cry: The prospect of finding an apartment is really daunting to me and I'm freaking out a little. The idea of a) finding an apartment on the other side of the country b) dealing with a broker and c) finding a place that will accept our pup are all freaking me out. If anyone has any tips, tricks or encouragement I'd love to hear it. I'm hoping that my current landlord as well as one of our neighbors will write a recommendation for our dog, as well as dog sitters we've hired. He's SO sweet and calm (loves absolutely all people--a real cuddler) and he does NOT bark, ever. He's actually super lazy and a great apartment dog, if someone will just give him a chance :(

I live in NYC! I have a big dog (75 lbs) and it's not a problem. You have to scour a little more to find places that will allow dogs, but there's definitely a lot of options out there for dog owners.

etramak

Silver

Postby etramak » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:59 am

airwrecka wrote:Anyone live in NYC? (I think I've seen at least one person post in this thread about living there) Right now my top choices are NYU or Columbia, and I love the idea of living in NYC. HOWEVER, my husband and I have a (large--65 lb) dog who also happens to be a pitbull mix :cry: The prospect of finding an apartment is really daunting to me and I'm freaking out a little. The idea of a) finding an apartment on the other side of the country b) dealing with a broker and c) finding a place that will accept our pup are all freaking me out. If anyone has any tips, tricks or encouragement I'd love to hear it. I'm hoping that my current landlord as well as one of our neighbors will write a recommendation for our dog, as well as dog sitters we've hired. He's SO sweet and calm (loves absolutely all people--a real cuddler) and he does NOT bark, ever. He's actually super lazy and a great apartment dog, if someone will just give him a chance :(

I live in the suburbs now but I'm moving to the city this weekend! I don't know how much I can help though. I only just graduated so my apartment hunting consisted of finding small, cheap, furnished rooms on Craigslist. To get you started though, I'd look at streeteasy.com. Advanced search lets you filter out apartments that aren't open to pets, among plenty of other options (you can even check off which subway lines you want to live near). There are also tips to avoid getting screwed over by shady brokers/landlords. My own tip: if you're about to deal with a real estate agency, look at their reviews online first.

Silver

Postby AvatarMeelo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:05 pm

airwrecka wrote:It's a relief just knowing that it WILL be this week. By Friday, WE WILL KNOW!!

I'm having a lot of anxiety about all other LS app-related things, so quite honestly my score is pretty low on my list of worries right now. Although if I don't improve that will not be good :shock:

If you're open to moving farther out, you'll definitely find places in Queens that will allow dogs. Try to find something on the F line so that way your commute will be a direct train ride to NYU Law. The West 4th on the F is two mins away from the NYU Law buildings. I live in Queens so I can only speak to that, but the same will apply to stops near the F in Brooklyn.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:09 pm

When DK tweets there's a 20% chance it's today :shock:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?