Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!!

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

New poll! How'd we do people??

>177
6%
175-176
No votes
173-174
11%
171-172
29%
169-170
6%
167-168
6%
165-166
3%
163-164
11%
161-162
6%
<160
23%

Total votes: 35

airwrecka

Silver

Re: Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!!

Postby airwrecka » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
maybeman wrote:Can you beautiful ppl plz wait for me and sit out a cycle thx

I would if I didn't already learn from this cycle that I HATE WAITING!!!

I don't think I could do it again, tbh :shock:

but also this. patience is a virtue but not one I possess.

haha for reallll. also, my husband really really really does not want me to wait another year. and I don't like my job so I don't want to stay another whole year doing this (although I supposed that could be remedied by getting a new job lol)

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:14 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
maybeman wrote:Can you beautiful ppl plz wait for me and sit out a cycle thx

I would if I didn't already learn from this cycle that I HATE WAITING!!!

I don't think I could do it again, tbh :shock:

but also this. patience is a virtue but not one I possess.

haha for reallll. also, my husband really really really does not want me to wait another year. and I don't like my job so I don't want to stay another whole year doing this (although I supposed that could be remedied by getting a new job lol)

Not to try to influence your thought process but legend has it that JS hands out full rides via tls DM for those with lots o patience.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 am

LSAC, we know you have our scores. please just let us have them.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:37 am

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:LSAC, we know you have our scores. please just let us have them.

A-MEN!!

Law2020hopeful

New

Postby Law2020hopeful » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:LSAC, we know you have our scores. please just let us have them.

A-MEN!!

I would be SHOCKED if they were still grading/figuring out the curve at this point. Come on, LSAC! Please give us our scores!

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Law2020hopeful wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

A-MEN!!

I would be SHOCKED if they were still grading/figuring out the curve at this point. Come on, LSAC! Please give us our scores!

I've said it before and I"ll say it again-- it's a scantron, so I do not get why it takes so long.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

A-MEN!!

I've said it before and I"ll say it again-- it's a scantron, so I do not get why it takes so long.

People who took the Asian/Australian administration on feb 19th are scheduled to get their scores march 9th so clearly it doesn't HAVE to take 3 1/2 weeks

aalvez

New

Postby aalvez » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 pm

I keep dreaming that the icons are grey but I never get to see my score. Probably because I am absolutely clueless about how I did (first time), but I have applications pending on this score. :shock: :(

texasfight16

New

Postby texasfight16 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Thankfully this go round has been really easy for me. For the December LSAT, I pushed too hard at the end (taking prep tests almost every day plus studying for mathy economics finals) and my Prep averages dropped 10 points in the last two weeks and I ended up 10 points below my old average. This time around I studied more relaxed and was averaging around a 170 but I misread one rule on one easy logic game this time and it completely destroyed my timing and I didn't finish. So I kinda expect the worst and I have already been accepted to schools I am willing to attend so waiting for this LSAT has gone really fast and stress free. It is amazing how worry free it is when you accept and are comfortable with the worst case scenario.

Law2020hopeful

New

Postby Law2020hopeful » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 pm

I didn't have a care in the world waiting for December. This time around I'm super stressed because I feel like I did well on it. I'll be crushed and defeated if I feel good about the test and it turns out I messed it up. Ugh. I just need to get through the next three days. Once Monday comes it'll be so close to grey day and that will make it easier (for some reason it being the week of grey day calms me down bc the wait is almost over).

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Law2020hopeful wrote:I didn't have a care in the world waiting for December. This time around I'm super stressed because I feel like I did well on it. I'll be crushed and defeated if I feel good about the test and it turns out I messed it up. Ugh. I just need to get through the next three days. Once Monday comes it'll be so close to grey day and that will make it easier (for some reason it being the week of grey day calms me down bc the wait is almost over).

+1 :(

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Law2020hopeful wrote:I didn't have a care in the world waiting for December. This time around I'm super stressed because I feel like I did well on it. I'll be crushed and defeated if I feel good about the test and it turns out I messed it up. Ugh. I just need to get through the next three days. Once Monday comes it'll be so close to grey day and that will make it easier (for some reason it being the week of grey day calms me down bc the wait is almost over).

same. knew i blew the logic games in September so it was more like i hope it's still decent but pretty low-stress until the couple days before scores. this time i feel really good so it feels like there is more at stake kind of? or my expectations being higher is making it feel that way?

lol last time grey day week made me feel physically ill, i hope i can feel more calm this time.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 pm

goodness gracious, last June I was cool as a cucumber on grey day because I didn't even know it was a thing! I just vaguely knew I'd get my score soon-ish and happened to check my e-mail shortly after my score was released and got all excited haha.

but I agree with everyone else here who is nervous this time because they feel like they did well...I am worried that if I get bad news (I'll most likely be at work when scores are released) I will cry and it will be awkward :oops:

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:27 pm

airwrecka wrote:goodness gracious, last June I was cool as a cucumber on grey day because I didn't even know it was a thing! I just vaguely knew I'd get my score soon-ish and happened to check my e-mail shortly after my score was released and got all excited haha.

but I agree with everyone else here who is nervous this time because they feel like they did well...I am worried that if I get bad news (I'll most likely be at work when scores are released) I will cry and it will be awkward :oops:

thank goodness for est in october I got the score just as I was leaving the office and I made myself wait until after I was out of the doors in case it was bad news.

you're in Minneapolis right? or in twin cities area at least? [i feel like a creep] but ANYWAYS i forgot that that would be a little harder to do when you go grey at 3:30 - don't think i'd be able to sit on the score for an hour +

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
airwrecka wrote:goodness gracious, last June I was cool as a cucumber on grey day because I didn't even know it was a thing! I just vaguely knew I'd get my score soon-ish and happened to check my e-mail shortly after my score was released and got all excited haha.

thank goodness for est in october I got the score just as I was leaving the office and I made myself wait until after I was out of the doors in case it was bad news.

you're in Minneapolis right? or in twin cities area at least? [i feel like a creep] but ANYWAYS i forgot that that would be a little harder to do when you go grey at 3:30 - don't think i'd be able to sit on the score for an hour +

lol yeah, I'm in Minneapolis. it's cool. I will find a way to have composure. and I'm still hoping that it will be good news so I can just scream giddily (which will also be awkward at work :lol:) and then I can brag to my boss about my score ;)

albinododobird

New

Postby albinododobird » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm dying.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:48 pm

the thought just crossed my mind - what if we go grey TODAY? I know it's not gonna happen. this sucks. *crying emoji*

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm

albinododobird wrote:I'm dying.

+1

Edit: this is the best first poast. High potential here
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:the thought just crossed my mind - what if we go grey TODAY? I know it's not gonna happen. this sucks. *crying emoji*

I'm about to walk into a 5 HOUR LAB... this is not what I need to hear lmao

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:07 pm

we could start a game to distract ourselves from misery! like...two truths and a lie! I'll start:

1. I hate cilantro.
2. I went to prom with my now-husband, but we didn't start dating until 5 years later.
3. Fall is my favorite season, and spring is my least favorite season.

maybeman

Bronze

Postby maybeman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm

airwrecka wrote:we could start a game to distract ourselves from misery! like...two truths and a lie! I'll start:

1. I hate cilantro.
2. I went to prom with my now-husband, but we didn't start dating until 5 years later.

lie: 3. Fall is my favorite season, and spring is my least favorite season

1. I can't tell cilantro and the other green thing that looks like it but apparently smells different apart
2. I voted for Bernie in the primaries
3. Prefer cats > dogs

180pedia

New

Postby 180pedia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Hey all, Sept/Dec waiter here. Hang in there. Almost done waiting!

Message in spoiler to just reduce screen space taken up by semi-marketing and opportunities.

[+] Spoiler
I just wanted to mention two things.

1) I'm interested in creating pages about peoples' study journeys, so, if you're inclined and can remember your progress or have kept track of it in detail, let me know. We can work out format, length, payment, etc. down the line. I would like to have posts of varying point increases and starting points. This content will be free online like all the other stuff on the website.

2) I may host some contests to encourage people to submit explanations for LR and RC once I fix a minor bug on my end that makes double checking submissions a little more onerous. If this is something of interest, just keep those explanations handy, and it'll be easy to pop them in when the time comes and if you're interested.

Anywho - apologies. I'm trying to market this resource and make it more useful for future students without being absolutely obnoxious. I didn't finish this resource until my study sessions had elapsed. I'm also willing to do proofreads for any of your statements with the hope you will contribute but not the need that you do. PM if interested and I'll tell you the personal account name so you can see the depth of my edits.

airwrecka

Silver

Postby airwrecka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:16 pm

maybeman wrote:
airwrecka wrote:we could start a game to distract ourselves from misery! like...two truths and a lie! I'll start:

1. I hate cilantro.

lie: 3. Fall is my favorite season, and spring is my least favorite season

1. I can't tell cilantro and the other green thing that looks like it but apparently smells different apart
2. I voted for Bernie in the primaries
3. Prefer cats > dogs

Not sure at what point I should reveal my lie. I will let others guess first haha. (maybe I should just be a camp counselor and give up on LS? :lol:)

Your lie is....voted for Bernie in the primaries!

180pedia

New

Postby 180pedia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:17 pm

1. I hate cilantro.

I feel like I want to guess #2 just because you provided the most details there. Subterfuge, perhaps?

albinododobird

New

Postby albinododobird » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:33 pm

We can also construct imaginary futures, both positive and negative.

Positive future: I get 180, go to Yale, clerk for Clarence Thomas, become law professor.

Negative future: I become an attorney and hate it so much that I jump off a building.

Law2020hopeful

New

Postby Law2020hopeful » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:54 pm

1. I hate cilantro.

I guess your lie is #2 because of the amount of detail.

Here are mine:

1. I'm a certified scuba diver
2. My siblings are 13 and 12 years old
3. I've sailed in regattas.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?