Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

New poll! How'd we do people??

>177
6%
175-176
No votes
173-174
11%
171-172
29%
169-170
6%
167-168
6%
165-166
3%
163-164
11%
161-162
6%
<160
23%

Total votes: 35

etramak

Silver

Re: Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!!

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:35 pm

34iplaw wrote:Congrats all - you did it!

Out of curiosity, did you guys get a weird game?
It was a slightly familiar game type laid out in an unusual way. Plus another game that was fairly difficult

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:40 pm

My memory of LG is quite hazy (might be a repressed memory!), but I don't think any of the games were "weird" in the sense of September's Virus Game or December's Buildings Game. That said, I found all the games to be more time-consuming and complicated than the "non-weird" games in September and December, so even in the absence of a really weird game, the section felt comparable in difficulty to December for me.

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:42 pm

airwrecka wrote:
etramak wrote:Three more weeks of this hell. I'll have convinced myself I went -20 on LR by March at this rate.
+1

that's why this thread needs to get more lively! we need to have deeply intense discussions about things unrelated to LSAT to distract ourselves :shock:

here, like this:

does anyone else here love the West Wing? I am so in love with the show it's not funny. My husband and I started it on Netflix about a month or two before our wedding in September, and we're now half-way through the sixth season (quite honestly the only reason we didn't finish it in one month was that my husband can't watch more than one episode at a time because he gets "too sleepy" :roll:). I almost wrote in Jed Bartlett on my ballot in Nov because I love this show so much!!!
This is such a good idea! I don't watch the West Wing, but I am looking forward quite a bit to Game of Thrones' return...

Law2020hopeful

New

Post by Law2020hopeful » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:48 pm

No, one straight linear sequencing, one grouping with numerical distribution, another sequencing that had a tiny twist and another grouping with multiple variables.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:52 pm

Law2020hopeful wrote:No, one straight linear sequencing, one grouping with numerical distribution, another sequencing that had a tiny twist and another grouping with multiple variables.
That's interesting. (Same to all others that replied, but I don't see the need to create a wall of quotes.) To me, that sounds like it could have been one of those sections that is more challenging due to time constraints.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
LOVE WEST WING. I am still so so early in the series and need to binge watch it at some point but every single episode makes me laugh and wish that our government ran as idealistically as the show portrays that it does.
YES. It actually made me consider going to GTown just so I could be in DC and pretend I worked at the White House. I decided against that though :lol:

None of the games were weird, imho. Quite honestly, I thought they were all fairly easy. But maybe that was because I got so nervous about weird games that when there weren't any, I breezed through them! Maybe I had good inferences? Or maybe I did something totally wrong and I bombed them all :shock:
chrysippusofsoli wrote:
This is such a good idea! I don't watch the West Wing, but I am looking forward quite a bit to Game of Thrones' return...
Ahhh yes I'm excited for Game of Thrones, too! It won't be out until the summer, though, right? I refused to get into the show until last season because I read the books and LOVED them, and whenever I would try to watch episodes in the first few seasons, they just felt super cheesy and lame compared to the books. It also REALLY bothered me that the show has completely changed certain plot lines. However, now I've just accepted that more books might never be released and the show is still entertaining, so I am a fan :lol:

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Not imo. Some people think the 4th game was uniquely difficult, but one relatively obvious inference blew it wide open (and it was standard grouping). I think consensus is that they resembled mid-60s PTs -- nothing out of the ordinary

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:29 pm

airwrecka wrote:
chrysippusofsoli wrote:
Ahhh yes I'm excited for Game of Thrones, too! It won't be out until the summer, though, right? I refused to get into the show until last season because I read the books and LOVED them, and whenever I would try to watch episodes in the first few seasons, they just felt super cheesy and lame compared to the books. It also REALLY bothered me that the show has completely changed certain plot lines. However, now I've just accepted that more books might never be released and the show is still entertaining, so I am a fan :lol:
GoT and West Wing <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the upcoming Rick & Morty release.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:39 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:No, one straight linear sequencing, one grouping with numerical distribution, another sequencing that had a tiny twist and another grouping with multiple variables.
That's interesting. (Same to all others that replied, but I don't see the need to create a wall of quotes.) To me, that sounds like it could have been one of those sections that is more challenging due to time constraints.
Overall I didn't find it too hard but I finished with only a few seconds left in the section. This might just be because I didn't do enough pre-work before I tackled the questions for the two difficult games.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm not the only one watching the young pope I hope. Still have to catch up on this weekend's episodes

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:57 pm

etramak wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
Overall I didn't find it too hard but I finished with only a few seconds left in the section. This might just be because I didn't do enough pre-work before I tackled the questions for the two difficult games.
Fair enough... I actually never did all that much upfront work. You can actually see the general amount of work I do on my website ;-).
etramak wrote:I'm not the only one watching the young pope I hope. Still have to catch up on this weekend's episodes
Rumor on the street is that it's fair to hope that The Young Pope is dope and avoids many TV tropes.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:03 pm

etramak wrote:I'm not the only one watching the young pope I hope. Still have to catch up on this weekend's episodes
I don't even know what the Young Pope is :oops: But I am also pop-culturally-clueless so....that's really not all that surprising

edit: googled it. sounds interesting! but I don't have HBO :(

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:04 pm

airwrecka wrote:
I don't even know what the Young Pope is :oops: But I am also pop-culturally-clueless so....that's really not all that surprising
Damn. It's on HBO

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:05 pm

etramak wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Damn. It's on HBO
gotcha. yes, I do not have HBO. I only watch GoT because I go to a friend's house to see it. while the hubs and I could afford HBO in theory, I'm being a stickler about our spending before I start law school so that we go into me being jobless for 3 years with a bit of savings :P

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:19 pm

airwrecka wrote: Ahhh yes I'm excited for Game of Thrones, too! It won't be out until the summer, though, right? I refused to get into the show until last season because I read the books and LOVED them, and whenever I would try to watch episodes in the first few seasons, they just felt super cheesy and lame compared to the books. It also REALLY bothered me that the show has completely changed certain plot lines. However, now I've just accepted that more books might never be released and the show is still entertaining, so I am a fan :lol:
Yes, I think that's right. It's funny how we Thrones fans spend most of the year looking forward to that few weeks of entertainment, and then go back to waiting again. Cruel, almost. But not as cruel as having to wait a month for our scores... Oops, I wasn't supposed to talk about that again!

I've actually heard of quite a few people who did not like the show because of the first season - I think it was too slow for them. I tend to see the twist at the end of Season 1 (trying to keep it sufficiently general to avoid spoilers) as a sort of catalyst that gets the plot going, and suddenly boom, the Game of Thrones has commenced! I've also not read the books, so maybe that's why I enjoyed the show more. Reading the books is on my list though - I've heard great things about them.

Mauriby

New

Post by Mauriby » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:22 pm

chrysippusofsoli wrote:
Yes, I think that's right. It's funny how we Thrones fans spend most of the year looking forward to that few weeks of entertainment, and then go back to waiting again. Cruel, almost. But not as cruel as having to wait a month for our scores... Oops, I wasn't supposed to talk about that again!

Imagine those weeks you wait and extend it out to years, you'll get the experience of being a fan of just the books.

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Mauriby wrote: Imagine those weeks you wait and extend it out to years, you'll get the experience of being a fan of just the books.
Haha yes. Goes to show also how much George R. R. Martin puts into the books though, with the amazing amount of detail he works into the plot.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:50 pm

airwrecka wrote:
etramak wrote:Three more weeks of this hell. I'll have convinced myself I went -20 on LR by March at this rate.
+1

that's why this thread needs to get more lively! we need to have deeply intense discussions about things unrelated to LSAT to distract ourselves :shock:

here, like this:

does anyone else here love the West Wing? I am so in love with the show it's not funny. My husband and I started it on Netflix about a month or two before our wedding in September, and we're now half-way through the sixth season (quite honestly the only reason we didn't finish it in one month was that my husband can't watch more than one episode at a time because he gets "too sleepy" :roll:). I almost wrote in Jed Bartlett on my ballot in Nov because I love this show so much!!!
TV Shows
I finished off "The Good Place" on Hulu the day of and day after the test. I was maybe 3 episodes in going into the test.

My go-to shows, though, are Scrubs, South Park, Daria, Dexter, and Shameless.

General Distractions
My semester started the week of the test. I crammed a week's worth of homework and reading into about a day (Sunday). Beyond that, I've been getting back to my regular life.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:05 pm

chrysippusofsoli wrote:

I've actually heard of quite a few people who did not like the show because of the first season - I think it was too slow for them. I tend to see the twist at the end of Season 1 (trying to keep it sufficiently general to avoid spoilers) as a sort of catalyst that gets the plot going, and suddenly boom, the Game of Thrones has commenced! I've also not read the books, so maybe that's why I enjoyed the show more. Reading the books is on my list though - I've heard great things about them.
I'm the classic snobbish person who always likes the books more than the movies/tv adaptions, so take my opinion with a grain of salt (I pretty much despise the HP movies, but am obsessed with the books) :P most of my friends who have read the books also have loved the show since the beginning!
CMac86 wrote: TV Shows
I finished off "The Good Place" on Hulu the day of and day after the test. I was maybe 3 episodes in going into the test.

My go-to shows, though, are Scrubs, South Park, Daria, Dexter, and Shameless.

General Distractions
My semester started the week of the test. I crammed a week's worth of homework and reading into about a day (Sunday). Beyond that, I've been getting back to my regular life.
See, part of me wishes I was still in school because there would be so much to distract me! But things at work are suuuper slow right now so I literally just sit and stalk TLS all day. Today I decided to bring NYU's Law magazine with me, though, because they sent it to me a couple weeks ago and why not. :lol: It's inspiring to read a bunch of alum's stories, though!

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:24 pm

airwrecka wrote:
See, part of me wishes I was still in school because there would be so much to distract me! But things at work are suuuper slow right now so I literally just sit and stalk TLS all day. Today I decided to bring NYU's Law magazine with me, though, because they sent it to me a couple weeks ago and why not. :lol: It's inspiring to read a bunch of alum's stories, though!
I dig it. The scary thing is since I'm not studying for the LSAT anymore, I feel like I have a lot more free time, even though I could still use an extra few hours in the day. Working full time with a strange/inconsistent schedule, going to school (6 credit hours/2 classes at a time), and getting to my pre-enlistment shape has forced me to get my time management skills on point. While studying for the LSAT, I relied more so on the work in the kitchen to help with the weight loss, but now I can ramp back up the gym time. I know that law school will be intense and all that stuff, but I'm excited at the prospect of being in school while NOT WORKING. All I have to do is go to school, study, volunteer, and network? Yes. Yes, please.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:20 pm

clueless801 wrote:Hey people - for what it's worth the new Ed Sheeran album is released the day after the February scores are :lol:
this post was ignored but it shouldn't have been. I've heard a couple of his new songs in the past week and I'm really digging them.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:22 pm

CMac86 wrote: I dig it. The scary thing is since I'm not studying for the LSAT anymore, I feel like I have a lot more free time, even though I could still use an extra few hours in the day. Working full time with a strange/inconsistent schedule, going to school (6 credit hours/2 classes at a time), and getting to my pre-enlistment shape has forced me to get my time management skills on point. While studying for the LSAT, I relied more so on the work in the kitchen to help with the weight loss, but now I can ramp back up the gym time. I know that law school will be intense and all that stuff, but I'm excited at the prospect of being in school while NOT WORKING. All I have to do is go to school, study, volunteer, and network? Yes. Yes, please.
I missed that you were military CMac! I totally know what you mean about being excited to be in school without also working. I worked throughout most of undergrad, and it was rough. I think LS might be rough enough on its own :lol:

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:06 pm

airwrecka wrote:[
I missed that you were military CMac! I totally know what you mean about being excited to be in school without also working. I worked throughout most of undergrad, and it was rough. I think LS might be rough enough on its own :lol:
I'm military, but I have the best job in the military-I'm a musician. :-D

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm

Lsattutor180
Self-study with TLS guides/7Sage/LSAT Trainer > any overpriced teaching this guy has to offer. Also, this is a waiter's thread, not a prep one. Post in the professionals forum

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:32 am

Guys I definitely had a dream that scores were released last night. I cannot deal with this for the next three weeks!
CMac86 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:[
I'm military, but I have the best job in the military-I'm a musician. :-D
That's awesome! What instrument do you play? (are there multiple instruments that military musicians play?)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”