7Sage status

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
O.J.

Bronze

7Sage status

Postby O.J. » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:29 pm

So, I'm only in week 4 of the 12 week 7Sage Starter curriculum. Haven't even started the PT's yet, which begin in week 12. I take in June. I feel like I'm far behind, but it all seems to fall in line with the schedule they've given me. It allows for endless PT and BR from April through June. So I guess two months of PT after a few months of curriculum is still ok?

I don't know, just feel like I'm not moving fast enough. Anyone else on this track, or am I way behind you guys?

AJordan

Bronze

Re: 7Sage status

Postby AJordan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Do the 7sage curriculum until things start to really click. Then don't waste more time on it imo. I think I completed the LR course in 2 weeks with a few hours per day. RC knowledge I think comes more from understanding that most of the questions are simply MBT questions and then learning the correct ways to approach them. I think JY's explanations are good on the exams, so I really don't think spending much time "learning" RC is beneficial. Finally, LG can be learned, imo, in a week or two. At that point, after a month, you can be ready to take PTs. Take 5 of them, use the analytics to see your question type weaknesses, then hit those sections again. After that, go back and take another 5 PTs. See if the questions you are missing are the same or different. Hit those sections again. Rinse/Repeat.

It's really important to get the easy questions right imo. If you are missing any question in the 3star or below difficulty level you are going to struggle to break 170. You have to learn to lick those basic errors. Those take priority. Then logic games. Then LR question types as per the analytics. Then the mysteries of RC. I studied for four months solidly in that manner. I completed all 79 standard tests. At the end I was PTing median 172 on my last 10 exams after a 153 diagnostic. There are other strats for this but I really think it's a decent method if you've paid for 7Sage.

TL/DR: Considering it's just the beginning of February you are on pace as long as you don't take forever to understand simple LSAT concepts.

O.J.

Bronze

Re: 7Sage status

Postby O.J. » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:01 pm

AJordan wrote:Do the 7sage curriculum until things start to really click. Then don't waste more time on it imo. I think I completed the LR course in 2 weeks with a few hours per day. RC knowledge I think comes more from understanding that most of the questions are simply MBT questions and then learning the correct ways to approach them. I think JY's explanations are good on the exams, so I really don't think spending much time "learning" RC is beneficial. Finally, LG can be learned, imo, in a week or two. At that point, after a month, you can be ready to take PTs. Take 5 of them, use the analytics to see your question type weaknesses, then hit those sections again. After that, go back and take another 5 PTs. See if the questions you are missing are the same or different. Hit those sections again. Rinse/Repeat.

It's really important to get the easy questions right imo. If you are missing any question in the 3star or below difficulty level you are going to struggle to break 170. You have to learn to lick those basic errors. Those take priority. Then logic games. Then LR question types as per the analytics. Then the mysteries of RC. I studied for four months solidly in that manner. I completed all 79 standard tests. At the end I was PTing median 172 on my last 10 exams after a 153 diagnostic. There are other strats for this but I really think it's a decent method if you've paid for 7Sage.

TL/DR: Considering it's just the beginning of February you are on pace as long as you don't take forever to understand simple LSAT concepts.

Excellent answer, thanks so much for taking the time to detail this out for me. I'm all over it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�