Took a cold, diagnostic PT

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ginger_ale

New

Took a cold, diagnostic PT

Postby ginger_ale » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:09 am

It's not what I was hoping for. And the time limit killled me, I definitely went over in the logic reasoning and games sections.
Cracking open LSAT Trainer tomorrow and hunkering down for the June/September test.

Any reassurances would be warmly welcomed.

Lawcat11

Bronze

Re: Took a cold, diagnostic PT

Postby Lawcat11 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:18 am

You'll be fine. The fact that logic games was the hardest section for you is good because once you do figure it out it will become super easy and be a dependable source of points for you. The other sections are much more subjective.

ginger_ale

New

Postby ginger_ale » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:28 am

Thank you for saying so.

Obviously, like everyone else, I'd love to score in the 170s. A lot of the success stories I've read so far have mentioned initial diagnostics scoring in the 160s.

But I have a lot of time, so hopefully I'll be able to make up the gap.

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:50 am

Imo, cold diagnostics are like doing a calculus test before you learn calculus. Says little to nothing about your potential. (Fwiw, started around there, and hit 175+.)

ginger_ale

New

Postby ginger_ale » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:20 am

Alexandros wrote:Imo, cold diagnostics are like doing a calculus test before you learn calculus. Says little to nothing about your potential. (Fwiw, started around there, and hit 175+.)

Hopefully I'll improve as much as you did! You're right, it's a bit silly to get anxious over my initial diagnostic.

What did you do to prepare?

Alexandros

Platinum

Postby Alexandros » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:32 am

ginger_ale wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Imo, cold diagnostics are like doing a calculus test before you learn calculus. Says little to nothing about your potential. (Fwiw, started around there, and hit 175+.)

Hopefully I'll improve as much as you did! You're right, it's a bit silly to get anxious over my initial diagnostic.

What did you do to prepare?

Manhattan LR, LGB, and the Trainer, and a lot of drilling!

malleus discentium

Silver

Postby malleus discentium » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 am

ginger_ale wrote:155

It's not what I was hoping for. And the time limit killled me, I definitely went over in the logic reasoning and games sections.
Cracking open LSAT Trainer tomorrow and hunkering down for the June/September test.

You're in a totally fine position. My diagnostic was 155 and I scored 175. You got this.

AJordan

Bronze

Postby AJordan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:08 am

Diagged at 153. Last ten PTs all 171+. Taking real thing the first time on Saturday. Feeling pretty zen and confident about it. Only took 4 months of pretty steady study. One or two sections a day. One PT in full on the weekends.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:12 am

This and only this.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:50 am

With enough studying, you could score a 180, but that is probably your upper bound.

ginger_ale

New

Postby ginger_ale » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:30 pm

malleus discentium wrote:

You're in a totally fine position. My diagnostic was 155 and I scored 175. You got this.

Thank you -- here's to giving it my all from now until the test. Congratulations on your awesome LSAT!

ginger_ale

New

Postby ginger_ale » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:32 pm

AJordan wrote:Diagged at 153. Last ten PTs all 171+. Taking real thing the first time on Saturday. Feeling pretty zen and confident about it. Only took 4 months of pretty steady study. One or two sections a day. One PT in full on the weekends.

Good luck on the test! That relaxed, zen feeling is the best way to go into a big test.

I think for me, taking timed PTs is going to be crucial. It seems like I need to build up my endurance as much as anything else.

ginger_ale

New

Postby ginger_ale » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:33 pm

saf18hornet wrote:

With enough studying, you could score a 180, but that is probably your upper bound.

This made me laugh. Thank you.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Postby saf18hornet » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:22 pm

ginger_ale wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:

This made me laugh. Thank you.

Glad to provide you with a LOL. But seriously, don't overthink it. Just study and let it take care of itself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�