Re: Tutors

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SDAW2012

New

Postby SDAW2012 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Anybody have any experience with private tutors? I've been trying to self-study on and off since graduating from college in 2015 but I don't have the motivation to fit studying into my schedule. I've looked at TestMasters, Powerscore, Manhattan, and Kaplan. The TestMasters platinum package looks awesome but $10-grand?! Woof. I'd love to hear people's thoughts on these services. Thanks.

ws120

New

Postby ws120 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Depending on where you live, you may be able to find a private tutor who doesn't work for any of those companies. I've done tutoring for 2 years now, and charge way less than Kaplan, Manhattan, etc. Just try to find someone who has a high score and a decent reputation among people he or she has worked with.

SDAW2012

New

Postby SDAW2012 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:11 pm

ws120 wrote:Depending on where you live, you may be able to find a private tutor who doesn't work for any of those companies. I've done tutoring for 2 years now, and charge way less than Kaplan, Manhattan, etc. Just try to find someone who has a high score and a decent reputation among people he or she has worked with.

Any advice on how to go about finding independent private tutors?

ws120

New

Postby ws120 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:07 pm

SDAW2012 wrote:
ws120 wrote:Depending on where you live, you may be able to find a private tutor who doesn't work for any of those companies. I've done tutoring for 2 years now, and charge way less than Kaplan, Manhattan, etc. Just try to find someone who has a high score and a decent reputation among people he or she has worked with.

Any advice on how to go about finding independent private tutors?

If you live near a college, call their prelaw advisor or ask students planning on attending law school. Maybe go to a prelaw meeting and ask around.

ptittle

New

Postby ptittle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:23 am

Reddit has a directory of tutors. LSATTERs used to, but I can't find it now.

Daviddur

New

Postby Daviddur » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:54 am

You don't write what exact tutor you need, so I'll advice you according to my experience/ http://learnfrenchwithtutor.com/ This site helped me to pass graduate exam

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�