getting back into the swing of things...

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Csta5315

New

getting back into the swing of things...

Postby Csta5315 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi everyone, I'm in need of a little guidance. I decided to not sit for the December LSAT after studying for about 8 months because I was about 6-10 points shy of my target score. I decided to take break for just under 2 months to give my brain a rest. This week I took a practice test cold just to see where I was at and tested about 8 points below where I was scoring just prior to my break! Now I'm 16 points from my target score which is pretty much where I started! :shock: I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience after taking a break. Did it start to come back to you quickly or did I completely fall off the wagon?

Thanks!

MadamSecretary

New

Re: getting back into the swing of things...

Postby MadamSecretary » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Csta5315 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm in need of a little guidance. I decided to not sit for the December LSAT after studying for about 8 months because I was about 6-10 points shy of my target score. I decided to take break for just under 2 months to give my brain a rest. This week I took a practice test cold just to see where I was at and tested about 8 points below where I was scoring just prior to my break! Now I'm 16 points from my target score which is pretty much where I started! :shock: I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience after taking a break. Did it start to come back to you quickly or did I completely fall off the wagon?

Thanks!

In my experience, it is like riding a bike.. Once you re- familiarize yourself with strategies, you should be back to where you were scoring a couple of months ago relatively soon. However, everyone learns differently so you may just have to wait it out after a couple weeks of studying again and see for yourself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�