(Retake) 7sage Prep Course Honest Review Needed Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SunDevil14

Bronze

(Retake) 7sage Prep Course Honest Review Needed

Post by SunDevil14 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:51 pm

For those that purchased a 7sage prep course can you please provide:

1. Which course you purchased
2. An honest review of the course
3. How beneficial you think the course would be for those retaking the test.

I really enjoyed their free analytic tool as well as LG explanations, although I never purchased one of their full courses. My pt average was around 170, but I scored much lower on the actual exam. I am heavily considering investing in their course before attempting another LSAT exam.

Mikey

Platinum

Re: (Retake) 7sage Prep Course Honest Review Needed

Post by Mikey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:57 pm

I got the Ultimate one, and I've always liked it 7sage. (I'm a retaker as well)

Honestly, I like them a lot for LR and LG. If you're very good at LR already though, it might not be TOO helpful, but if you can improve on some areas then it's helpful. LG, you already know how their free stuff is, and their curriculum just gives you lessons for each game type.

Their RC stuff isn't as helpful, if we're being totally honest. Yes, their memory method is helpful, but I feel like for RC, they don't offer as much for LR/LG.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Mikey wrote:I got the Ultimate one, and I've always liked it 7sage. (I'm a retaker as well)

Honestly, I like them a lot for LR and LG. If you're very good at LR already though, it might not be TOO helpful, but if you can improve on some areas then it's helpful. LG, you already know how their free stuff is, and their curriculum just gives you lessons for each game type.

Their RC stuff isn't as helpful, if we're being totally honest. Yes, their memory method is helpful, but I feel like for RC, they don't offer as much for LR/LG.
Thanks again Mikey. Aren't you and dj9i27 planning on crushing the June 2017 exam? I just threw up the hailmary and applied to a handful of top 14 schools and a few others. I will likely be posting in the June 2017 thread soon.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:47 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:
Mikey wrote:I got the Ultimate one, and I've always liked it 7sage. (I'm a retaker as well)

Thanks again Mikey. Aren't you and dj9i27 planning on crushing the June 2017 exam? I just threw up the hailmary and applied to a handful of top 14 schools and a few others. I will likely be posting in the June 2017 thread soon.
No problem! and yeah, him and I are gonna destroy June 8)

I still think you should give yourself another shot since you were PTing pretty good. If you have any other questions about the 7sage stuff though just quote me or PM me! :mrgreen:

cm4998

New

Post by cm4998 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:15 pm

7sage is honestly great. I got the Ultimate+ account because I started off with a very low diagnostic in the 140s, but I've made a lot of improvement and I haven't even finished the core curriculum yet. I understand the material and fundamentals a lot better now then when I tried studying by myself using other materials or when I took a Blueprint course. Paired with the Trainer or Powerscore, I'm sure it can be very helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:06 pm

cm4998 wrote:7sage is honestly great. I got the Ultimate+ account because I started off with a very low diagnostic in the 140s, but I've made a lot of improvement and I haven't even finished the core curriculum yet. I understand the material and fundamentals a lot better now then when I tried studying by myself using other materials or when I took a Blueprint course. Paired with the Trainer or Powerscore, I'm sure it can be very helpful.
Thanks for the input. This question is directed towards you and Mikey, how did you find the explanations for the practice tests and problem sets, are they comparable in usefulness to the free logic games video explanations?

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm an Ultimate+ user as well. JY explains each LR question thoroughly, in depth. But it's really one guy's way of doing a question. You may not be attuned to the way he defaults to "lawgic" drawing diagrams and such. For me, a lot of that is a time sink. I liked it because I'm more of an auditory learner so using his explanations gave me teaching in a way that was to my strength. Having said that, though, I think in the long run I may have been better off spending the money on a good private tutor. I would like to see how I progressed with a methodology that was more attuned to the way I think instead of trying to use the method that works for him.

The RC stuff is actually the best of the program imo. Not the theory behind it, but seeing the way he attacks the questions helped me focus in on what I should be looking for in RC. I was way off at first. Again, may not be for everyone.

Still, though, I've learned a ton and improved 20 or so points on my practice testing since using his material for about 3 months.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:39 pm

AJordan wrote:I'm an Ultimate+ user as well. JY explains each LR question thoroughly, in depth. But it's really one guy's way of doing a question. You may not be attuned to the way he defaults to "lawgic" drawing diagrams and such. For me, a lot of that is a time sink. I liked it because I'm more of an auditory learner so using his explanations gave me teaching in a way that was to my strength. Having said that, though, I think in the long run I may have been better off spending the money on a good private tutor. I would like to see how I progressed with a methodology that was more attuned to the way I think instead of trying to use the method that works for him.

The RC stuff is actually the best of the program imo. Not the theory behind it, but seeing the way he attacks the questions helped me focus in on what I should be looking for in RC. I was way off at first. Again, may not be for everyone.

Still, though, I've learned a ton and improved 20 or so points on my practice testing since using his material for about 3 months.
Thanks for the honest review. The Ultimate and Ultimate+ are the packages I am considering most. Seeing as I have completed both the powerscore and manhattan prep trilogy so I understand where you are coming from when you mention that you may benefit from different methodologies. I was PT around 170, so explanations that are in fact time sinks are concerning. I may have lost a step, but do not doubt my fundamentals are still solid. Although, I enjoyed picking and choosing strategies from different companies when I took the test last time.

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:11 am

I started with the free trial, bumped to premium, and then bumped to Ultimate +.

I keep a spreadsheet that lists the date I started whatever PT, the PT #, my raw score, adjusted score, missed/correct per section, as well as room for notes such as sleep, how it felt, and what course/materials I was using. After taking a few weeks off from the materials I used prior to 7sage and one week of 7sage I wrote a 155 (June 2007 PT). That was right about the same as my diagnostic. A month later, I was writing 160-162 on nearly every PT (PT's from the 30's & 50's). I hit burnout, took 2-3 weeks off (again), and came back writing 159-161 (high 60's PTs). I have completed 2 PT's in the 70's...and wrote 159-160. I'm taking PT 79 later today (in about 2hrs, so about 3hrs after waking up). My highest PT score to date was a 163 on PT 57. My blind review scores have gone from 160-162 to 168-170.

So the course specific review. I like the combination of learning methods, I get the visual, aural, and hands on. I know from other areas that I study that I often benefit from having multiple points of view. Prior to 7sage, I went through the Powerscore Bibles, Trainer, LSAT Super Prep II and II, and bits of the Manhattan LR and RC books. I feel like I gained the most from the LG and LR aspects. The explanations for ALL question types have been beneficial. I have had so many "AH HA" moments where something that used to be fuzzy is now in focus. I like the problem sets that go along with the core curriculum. It gives you an organized way to hit question types with escalating difficulty levels (one of the main reasons I opted for Ultimate +).

To be blunt, I think I would have been better off STARTING with 7sage. As far as being beneficial for a retake, I think it depends. I think with where you're writing, it could help your confidence on test day or help you uncover where you tend to mess up. If I don't write in my target range (160+, ideally, 162-164), on test day, I'll be doing a retake which I will start my prep either by starting from lesson one of 7sage and then the Manhattan books, or by first going through the Manhattan books (again), and then starting at lesson one of 7sage.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”