164 LSAT- should I retake again?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BMA7277

New

164 LSAT- should I retake again?

Postby BMA7277 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:42 pm

On Sept and Dec lsats I got 163 and then 164, even though my PT average was around 173 when studying both times (literally the second time studying I took 2 PTs a week and never scored below 171). In total, I took around 20 PTs in simulated test conditions and I had a pretty consistent upward trend...but none of this translated on the actual test dates, which may have been because I was pretty nervous both times?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or if anyone has tips to overcome this, because apparently I have some seriously detrimental test anxiety. Would it be worth it to retake again and postpone applying until next cycle?? And if so, what should I do differently?

thanks!

Instrumental

Silver

Re: 164 LSAT- should I retake again?

Postby Instrumental » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:35 am

I would highly recommend postponing until you get what you were averaging. I also have bad anxiety and back in Sept. scored six points below what I was averaging. I saw a person here recommend a book called, "Performing Under Pressure," so I got it on Kindle. I think it helped immensely in my ability to manage pressure and bad nerves on test day in December. I felt much more confident and in control during the test whereas in September I could barely contain myself. I ended up getting a score that was above my previous average by a point and only two under the new average I had established prior to the Dec. test. So I highly recommend trying that and implementing it into your studying. By the time you take, you'll probably have an even higher average and be able to better produce it when it counts.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�