Is there any reason to not buy 7sage?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NotTheNSA

New

Is there any reason to not buy 7sage?

Postby NotTheNSA » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:26 am

Preparing my mind for the June LSAT; so far, 7sage has stellar reviews and I see no reason to not start taking it.

Diagnostic was 160 if that matters, LG was my worst section.

Is there any LSAT prep you'd recommend other than 7sage? I'm also going to get the LG Powerscore bible and LSAT Trainer as well.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Re: Is there any reason to not buy 7sage?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:32 am

NotTheNSA wrote:Preparing my mind for the June LSAT; so far, 7sage has stellar reviews and I see no reason to not start taking it.

Is there any LSAT prep you'd recommend other than 7sage? I'm also going to get the LG Powerscore bible and LSAT Trainer as well.

Can't recommend 7Sage enough. Especially for LG. LSAT Trainer is awesome too.

Also, awesome diagnostic!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NotTheNSA

New

Postby NotTheNSA » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:36 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
NotTheNSA wrote:Preparing my mind for the June LSAT; so far, 7sage has stellar reviews and I see no reason to not start taking it.

Thank you! I will most certainly be purchasing it, I've heard nothing but good things (and I will also be traveling, so the 7sage format will be useful).

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:46 am

NotTheNSA wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

Thank you! I will most certainly be purchasing it, I've heard nothing but good things (and I will also be traveling, so the 7sage format will be useful).

I've heard good things too. Games videos are definitely good, but those alone aren't enough anymore IMO...granted, I'm sure they actually have curriculum on games. I think it's actually fairly beneficial to have your own method that sort of draws from the different areas...maybe makes one less prone to the 'oh my god...we didn't do a game like this.'

NotTheNSA

New

Postby NotTheNSA » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:04 am

34iplaw wrote:
NotTheNSA wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

I've heard good things too. Games videos are definitely good, but those alone aren't enough anymore IMO...granted, I'm sure they actually have curriculum on games. I think it's actually fairly beneficial to have your own method that sort of draws from the different areas...maybe makes one less prone to the 'oh my god...we didn't do a game like this.'

Well I won't be trying just one method, that's why I'm also including the Powerscore LG Bible and the LSAT Trainer.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:12 am

NotTheNSA wrote:Well I won't be trying just one method, that's why I'm also including the Powerscore LG Bible and the LSAT Trainer.

That's good. For me, I read books in the following order...

LSAT Trainer (did it more as an intro to concepts)

PowerScore LG -> Manhattan Prep LG

IMO, LG really clicked way better with Manhattan Prep LG than PowerScore, but that could be the ordering. I use bits and pieces from all of them.

IRC, Manhattan Prep has a section on rule substitution that may make the book worth it alone. I also strongly advocate for doing games by type.

Given how games have gotten weirder, I think one may also benefit from solving games in different ways or trying to... like, you will see in games that you generally pick some variable as the base and build off of that. In some games, it is less obvious what you should assign as the base, and, while generally both work, one is better. I feel like one could benefit by forcing themselves to solve it in the less efficient fashion too. You may pick the wrong base in the game, or it may help you become more flexible in how you approach games. I think the weird fourth games are here to stay.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:40 am

I didn't buy it. Seemed too expensive and I wasn't sure how much it would benefit me. I think it depends on you. I've spent about 100 in total for reviewing and used some of my frat brothers other material

AJordan

Bronze

Postby AJordan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:25 am

The reason not to buy it would be if the investment requires personal time value that does not exceed the cost of 7sage. Two common examples:

1) You are a 4.0 and diag a 165 while missing 10 on LG. Alternatively, you diag a 145, are a trust fund kid and just need to learn basics to get a 155 to get in to dad's old law school so you can graduate and become partner in his firm.

2) You estimate that the total amount of time you would need to benefit from other free sources would be only about 30 hours more than 7sage's benefit to you. 30 hours of your time is not worth $750 or whatever it costs.

For me it was beneficial. I've probably spent 150 hours with 7sage since September and my time is worth significantly more than that. Having said that, Now that I'm 170-173 in my PTs I'm starting to find more cracks in the explanations that I don't like. And when I ask questions on the site it is rare that I get a good answer. I think I may have benefited more, in the long run, from private tutoring. I can't say I regret 7sage, they've certainly given me what I paid for, but I'm not sure it's the best option available for all individuals.

So I guess that's three scenarios in which I wouldn't buy it.

Ilovemydogxo

New

Postby Ilovemydogxo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:34 pm

PrezRand wrote:I didn't buy it. Seemed too expensive and I wasn't sure how much it would benefit me. I think it depends on you. I've spent about 100 in total for reviewing and used some of my frat brothers other material

*fraternity brothers

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Ilovemydogxo wrote:
PrezRand wrote:I didn't buy it. Seemed too expensive and I wasn't sure how much it would benefit me. I think it depends on you. I've spent about 100 in total for reviewing and used some of my frat brothers other material

*fraternity brothers

My bad. I didn't think people on this forum referred to them as that

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:12 pm

Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

it's the same thing

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

Lmao what made you care enough to write a correction to this?

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:03 am

I got the basic 7sage package which is $179. While it's been useful, I think it would've been more beneficial for me if I had started my LSAT prep with it. I had already went through the Trainer and Manhattan books by the time I started the course.

Ilovemydogxo

New

Postby Ilovemydogxo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:22 am

Mikey wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

it's the same thing

would you call your country a cunt?

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:14 am

Ilovemydogxo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

it's the same thing

False...Equivalence...

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:41 am

PrezRand wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

it's the same thing

Every day I lose my faith in this planet a little bit more...

CMac86

Bronze

Postby CMac86 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 am

So far, I've liked the portability, format, and other aspects of 7sage. Prior to using it, I went through the Power Score Bibles and LSAT Trainer. I was working my way through the Manhattan RC and LR books when I made the jump.

I did the free trial, bumped to the Premium Package, and then bumped to the Ultimate +. I haven't gone through any of the Admissions info yet. I'm more than likely going to buy extended access so I can continue to use it as I prep for a second take (first take is this coming February).

I haven't had any insane jumps in my score, but it is climbing. My diagnostic test was a 150 (late April), and I am now PT'ing consistently 160-163. I have had far too many 3-4 weeks off chunks in there. When I take 3-4 weeks off, my PT scores tend to drop by 3-5 points before climbing back up. Since the end of my last break in studying, I have made some great breakthroughs in my understanding of the material, and I am excited to take my next few PT's. My section drilling is getting better and better (getting closer to my blind review scores), so we shall see.

The format makes the most sense to me. I'm very comfortable in an online academic environment as I'm finishing up my undergrad via distance education and have used Khan Academy, so adding in 7sage seemed like a natural fit.

Some of the best parts of 7sage are free. E.g. the LG explanations and the analytics. By moving to a paid package, you get more explanations, the core curriculum, problem sets, and some other features.

So reasons not to buy it: you don't like using online prep materials, cost prohibitive, or you're PTing at/above your target score range already.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:10 am

PrezRand wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

it's the same thing

False...Equivalence...

galeatus

Silver

Postby galeatus » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Ilovemydogxo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

it's the same thing

Quoted for post of the year

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Ilovemydogxo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

it's the same thing

OH GOD YES you used this butthurt reference. It is my favorite, and also STUPID. Do you know why? Because "country" has two syllables. Of course you wouldn't shorten it. "Fraternity" has FOUR syllables. It's not the same thing AT ALL.

Walliums

Silver

Postby Walliums » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Mikey wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

it's the same thing

False...Equivalence...

Ding ding ding ding!!!!

dm1683

Silver

Postby dm1683 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Ilovemydogxo wrote:

*fraternity brothers

Proper term is "frat bros" I believe.

There's a small chance I will be hunted down and assassinated for saying that.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:05 pm

I don't even like the term "frat bro". I just used it because I was too lazy to type fraternity here

Ilovemydogxo

New

Postby Ilovemydogxo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:08 am

PrezRand wrote:I don't even like the term "frat bro". I just used it because I was too lazy to type fraternity here

Maybe you should reconsider going to law school.

O.J.

Bronze

Postby O.J. » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:47 am

Man, I'm hearing so much great stuff about 7Sage I'm wondering if I should choose it over LSAT Trainer. If you guys had to choose, which would you recommend? Thanks, sorry to derail.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�