Free practice tests offered by PR, Kaplan, etc

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sailcar

New

Free practice tests offered by PR, Kaplan, etc

Postby sailcar » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:43 pm

I am just getting started studying for the June LSAT and considering attending some free proctored practice tests in my area or online from Princeton Review and Kaplan. I was wondering if there is a way to find out which test they will be offering so that I can make sure it's not one I've done before or want to use for something else. I assume they wouldn't just use the standard June '07 diagnostic? If anyone has done this, which test did they use? And what was the experience like in general?

blumodernist

New

Re: Free practice tests offered by PR, Kaplan, etc

Postby blumodernist » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:34 pm

I've sat for a few of the PR practice tests. They always administer the June 2007 test (with a weird experimental that PR wrote themselves). I've always brought my own test booklet and I've never had any problems. I've seen a few other students at these tests who also bring their own.

The proctors have always been decent and I never had any major issues. They give a 10 minute break between sections 3 and 4.

I recommend arriving early. I took one PR test at 9 AM. The proctor handed out the test booklets at 8:50 AM and started the exam right at 9 AM. (Inevitably a bunch of people showed up after time started, which was distracting...). Some of the proctors are eager to leave so they start the exam as soon as they can and don't give a 15 minute grace period.

sailcar

New

Postby sailcar » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Thank you! That's very helpful to know.

Ilovemydogxo

New

Postby Ilovemydogxo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:26 am

Time is money. To take a proctored test, you must invest some of your own time. So, there can be no such thing as a free proctored test.

greatspirit

Bronze

Postby greatspirit » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks for bringing our attention to this. I signed up for a test on the 14th. Wonderful, as I've been having issues doing a timed practice test on my own!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�